To post a job, sign in here
|Organization:||Association of American Medical Colleges|
|Deadline:||Jul 31, 2012|
- Write news and feature articles for the AAMC Reporter, a monthly publications focused on medical education, health care trends, medical research, clinical care delivery, and news and opinion about the field of “academic medicine."
- Cultivate story ideas and contribute to broader editorial strategy of Reporter.
- Complete other writing assignments as needed, such as brochure copy, promotional material, and other content as needed.
- Edit some freelance stories
- Assist with maintenance of story budgets and production schedule
- Serve as backup copyeditor/proofreader as needed
- Lead Web publishing of AAMC Reporter
- Work with other writers/editors to cross-promote and develop stories collectively
- Cover various news events
- College degree with a major in journalism, English, communications, or similar related field.
- 3-5 years experience as a journalist/news writer in a setting focused on health care, higher education, or public policy.
- Experience writing and editing for an association or institutional newspaper or magazine.
- Overall strong writing skills for a variety of audiences, a range of topics, and in a range of different publication types
- Production scheduling experience a big plus.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills along with experience in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exacting attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to develop concepts and loosely constructed ideas into strong stories for print.
- Superior interviewing and fact checking skills.
- Superior skills cultivating and growing relationships with news sources, both within and beyond the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard software.
- Exhibit strong team-orientation as key member of an editorial and production group. Must be able to work well with other staff at all levels.
The Association of American Medical Colleges is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
How to Apply:
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2450 N Street NW, Washington, District of Columbia, 20037-1126, United States
|Contact:||Association of American Medical Colleges|
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,