Manager, Digital Strategy & Social Media
To post a job, sign in here
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood Federation of America-NY/DC |
|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Deadline:||Jul 30, 2012|
|The Manager, Digital Strategy & Social Media thinks strategically and tactically about how Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) can use digital and social media to promote its policy, advocacy, and fundraising goals. He or she is responsible for the management, design and implementation of campaigns and digital materials for Planned Parenthood’s websites and social-media properties. The Manager will work with colleagues throughout the national organization, affiliates across the country, as well as with outside vendors to create innovative campaigns to support Planned Parenthood initiatives and engage supporters. In addition, the Manager will be part of the creative team that develops innovative outreach techniques to reach our target audiences, generate media coverage and gets our message delivered and communicated. The Manager is critical in ensuring that Planned Parenthood’s online political, advocacy, and fundraising content is relevant and effective.|
- Manages and executes various digital media for integrated digital campaigns for PlannedParenthoodAction.org, Women are Watching website, and social networks.
- Provides day-to-day project management and execution of PPFA’s mobile text campaign programs including interfacing with youth and action fund supporters.
- Works with digital, communications, editorial and PPOL teams to develop strategies, content and digital tools to
advance campaign goals.
- Develops digital materials calendar and work with various departments to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Manages and executes strategies and innovative content to grow social media and website audiences
- Creates content and campaigns for social media components, including Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook.
- Provides thought leadership and management of blogger outreach and engagement.
- Responsible for posting engaging updates across social media platforms using multimedia, including video, images
and written updates.
- Ensures all digital advocacy and fundraising content meets campaign and organizational goals and adheres to
- Creates and maintains various website creative and multimedia elements including the management of outside
web development vendors and consultants that support our online presence.
- Measures, analyzes and documents the impact of digital content across channels.
- Monitors analytics and develops metrics for driving site traffic (SEO).
- Advanced knowledge of social media, email marketing and production of digital materials (written, graphical and
- Broad experience in managing social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube.
- Advanced knowledge of online publishing and the use of digital technologies for communication, education and
advocacy including the design, producing and publishing of web content through CMS and a variety of web marketing channels.
- Proficiency with web-based content management systems, website and blog maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of organizing, political, and advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in organizing and managing mobile campaigns.
- Ability to handle multiple “priority” projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies, including African-American, Latino and LGBT individuals is a plus.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong leadership capacity.
- Experience developing and implementing online content and strategy for political or legislative campaigns; non-profit advocacy organizations or national organizing campaigns.
- Experience developing digital campaign plans (long-term and short-term).
- Five to eight years of substantial digital & social media experience with political, advocacy and/or non-profit organizations.
- At least five years of online digital materials development, production and execution.
- At least one year of mobile campaign experience.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables with quick turnarounds.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thrives in a campaign style environment with “rapid fire” deadlines and responses.
- Unflappable and highly adaptable.
Washington, District of Columbia, 20005, United States
How to Apply:
Please visit: https://plannedparenthoodext.hire.com/viewjob.html?erjob=73582
|Contact:||Planned Parenthood Federation of America-NY/DC |
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,