Social Media Manager
To post a job, sign in here
|Deadline:||Jun 15, 2012|
|Endeavor, a global non-profit organization with an award-winning model for private-sector development, seeks an experienced leader for the position of Manager, Graphic Design and Digital Media|
Established in 1997, Endeavor (www.endeavor.org) is the global nonprofit that is leading the High-Impact Entrepreneurship movement. High-Impact Entrepreneurs - those with the biggest ideas and most scalable businesses - are widely recognized as the key drivers of long-term economic growth--creating jobs, prosperity, and a culture of innovation and investment. High-impact entrepreneurs can change their countries and the world but face barriers in growing their business, barriers which Endeavor helps them to overcome.
Endeavor has set the standard for selecting, mentoring, and accelerating entrepreneurs with the greatest potential for impact. In 15 years, Endeavor has screened and provided feedback to 30,000+ candidates and selected 656 High-Impact Entrepreneurs from over 400 companies. Mentored by our growing network of 2,000+ top local and global business leaders, these entrepreneurs have created over 180,000 high-value jobs and generated more than $5 billion in annual revenues.
The World Economic Forum, the Clinton Global Initiative, Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, Fast Company, Time, Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, as well as iconic entrepreneurs including Michael Dell, eBay’s Pierre Omidyar, and LinkedIn’s Reid Hoffman, have recognized Endeavor for its innovative and results-driven approach. It is what led Thomas Friedman to hail our model as the “best anti-poverty program of all.”
Headquartered in New York City, Endeavor has 15 offices around the world and plans to expand to 25 countries by 2015. Endeavor’s New York office is a dynamic, open-plan environment of 30 employees situated near Union Square.
Endeavor (endeavor.org) is looking for a creative and highly skilled manager in our marketing team to coordinate endeavor’s global brand & marketing strategy among 15 offices, graphic design and digital media. This position requires a team player in our marketing department and will touch on all of Endeavor's outreach programs including print materials, web and video.
Position: Manager, Graphic Design and Digital Media
Reports To: Senior Vice-President, Marketing & Communications
Works with: Endeavor Team, including: Search & Selection, Entrepreneur Services, Development, Executive Office and Marketing & Communications
The Manager, Graphic Design and Digital Media will oversee Endeavor’s brand strategy, making sure that different outlets (web, print, video, ipad applications) are graphically consistent & integrated towards the larger goal of strengthening Endeavor’s leadership position in the High-Impact Entrepreneurship Movement. The manager will also be responsible for the following:
• Creating compelling graphic content for print publications, PowerPoint and PDF presentations.
• Manage the relationship with outside vendors including Design Firms
• Manage relationship with Endeavor’s printers
• Lead the design vision and updates of the website, working with the Director of Marketing & Communication & website vendor
• Assisting with basic website updates
• Manage the video library – updates, access, and organization system for Endeavor’s video footage from interviews & events
• From existing video footage, create 1- to 3-minute videos of specific Endeavor
Entrepreneurs (to appear on our website & be used at events)
• Recruit & manage interns to help build out our entrepreneur section on the website by creating 30 sec – 1 min videos using existing footage
• Work with local offices to develop and standardize the Endeavor Day 1 program
The ideal candidate would have the following profile:
• Strong graphic design skills. Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and photoshop
• Experience creating compelling print- and web-based presentations
• Proficient with powerpoint and Microsoft programs
• Basic familiarity with digital/social media
• Excellent familiarity with Apple/Mac, including SATA drives and file management
• Proficiency with FinalCut & Avid film editing software
4-year degree, Graphic Design, Communications
Endeavor offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume/folio to email@example.com.
900 Broadway, New York, New York, 10003, United States
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,