Cuéntame Content/Story Producer
To post a job, sign in here
|Location:||Culver City, California, USA|
|Deadline:||Jun 30, 2012|
|Launched in January 2010, Cuéntame is a leading interactive online network where Latinos and the general public connect.|
Through hard-hitting video exposés and documentary series Cuéntame informs, educates and builds a vibrant network of individuals ready and able to organize on the ground on key social issues that affect us all.
Cuéntame seeks to hire a content producer to create video and documentary materials on issues related to the Latino community; Latino perception in the media and rapid response videos to pressing Latino issues.
Duties include coordinating shoots, interviews, researching, gathering b-roll, putting quick cuts together and supervising our intern(s) program. Manage budgets, invoices and cost reports, clearances and licensing for b-roll and music.
Due to the sociopolitical subject matter of the project, applicants should have a passion for making political and social change and have a particular interest on Latino issues.
- Minimum 2 years experience in news/content research and gathering.
- Minimum of 2 years of original video and media production.
- Minimum 2 years experience of "concepting", writing and producing.
- Minimum 2 years of Final Cut Pro editing and ability to demonstrate quick edits.
- Strong knowledge of camera equipment use.
- Basic knowledge of post-production. Graphics and after-effects a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) Ability to write and speak both fluently.
- Knowledge of fair use.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Willingness to travel and work a non 9 to 5 job with work on weekends with short notice.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Experience with news, video-journalism and editing.
- Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including film, web and mobile.
- Strong social media and journalistic skills.
- Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills.
- Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility.
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together.
- Passionately develops and presents story ideas.
- Invested and engaged in the Latino community and authentically understands and represents viewer interest.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org -
A one-page cover letter on why you want to work for Cuéntame.
Your resume - include reel or portfolio.
A one-paragraph writing sample in Spanish and English.
10510 Culver blvd., Culver City, California, 90232, United States
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,