A rigger consults with his model prior to exhibition
A bondage rigger is a person who ties up others primarily as an art form, as opposed to people who do this to immobilize a bottom to prepare them for other forms of BDSM like flogging.
Bondage riggers may or may not be BDSM players. Some do this as pure art, some for profit by selling photos, etc. to enthusiasts. Many riggers do nothing but bondage, and often specialize in specific forms like nawa shibari.
Professional bondage riggers usually work with bondage models who themselves may or may not be kinky. For many it is simply another form of income in the competitive modelling field. Some bondage riggers are themselves also bondage models.
Other riggers consider it a form of D/s, with the rigger dominating the bottom by partially or completely immobilizing them.
In recent years, SIGNY awards have been awarded to the most popular bondage riggers, with the winners and runners-up being:
 List of notable bondage riggers
 See also
 References and further reading
- Lee "Bridgett" Harrington, Circle23, Shibari You Can Use, Mystic Productions, 2006. ISBN 0-9778727-0-X.
- Chanta Rose, Bondage For Sex, BDSM Press, 2006. ISBN 0-9777238-0-1.
- Jay Wiseman, Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook, Greenery Press, 2000. ISBN 1-890159-13-1.
- Midori, Craig Morey, The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage, Greenery Press, 2001. ISBN 1-890159-38-7.
- Two Knotty Boys, Larry Utley, Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes, Green Candy Press, 2006. ISBN 1-931160-49-X.
This article is based on one or more articles in Wikipedia, with modifications and
additional content by site editors. This article is covered by a Creative Commons
Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 License (CC-BY-SA) and the GNU Free Documentation License