Canadian Voice of Women for Peace
579 Kingston Road, Suite 101
Toronto, ON M4E 1R3
Established in 1960, Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) is a non-partisan Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) comprised of a network of diverse women with consultative status at the United Nations ECOSOC. For over 50 years, VOW has provided a means for women to exercise responsibility for the promotion of world peace and justice, through education of themselves and others to take an equal part in the democratic process of decision making; and to cooperate with women throughout the world to create the mutual respect and understanding necessary for the peaceful resolution of international conflict. Current projects include leadership programs for young women, and work on UN SC Resolution 1325.
VOW is a member of the Climate Action Network and sponsors work on this concern as well as on nuclear weapons abolition. VOW is a member of the Canadian Peace Initiative, and the International Peace Bureau.
- Mar 8, 2017 - Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - International Women's Day
- Feb 21, 2017 - VOW Appalled by Targeted Hate Mail and Threats
- Feb 1, 2017 - VOW Statement on the Québec City Mosque Attack
- Dec 5, 2016 - Say YES to the Abolition of Nuclear Weapons
- Nov 3, 2016 - White Poppies for Peace: Peace Women VOW to End War
- Oct 31, 2016 - Canadian Voice of Women for Peace having its annual conference at Saint Marys University
- Sep 27, 2016 - Zaytouna-Oliva departs for Gaza
- Sep 23, 2016 - Messina, Italy welcomed the participants on board Zaytouna-Oliva
- Sep 21, 2016 - Accept Bill C-242: An Act to Amend the Criminal Code (inflicting torture)
- Sep 20, 2016 - Zaytouna-Oliva leaves Ajaccio, Corsica for Messina, Italy - its final European port before sailing to break the illegal blockade of Gaza
- Sep 12, 2016 - Barcelona Hosts Womens Boat to Gaza (WBG) for their inaugural journeyâ
- Aug 31, 2016 - From Preventive Diplomacy to Sustainable Peace
- May 9, 2016 - Women in Politics: Fast Forward - An International Women's Conference in Jordan
- May 9, 2016 - Mother's Day Message: Protect the Children
- May 6, 2016 - Mothers Day and nuclear weapons abolition
- Apr 19, 2016 - Sharing the Intense Experience - VOW attends UNCSW60
- Mar 16, 2016 - Canadian Voice of Women for Peace at the Canadian Mission in New York for UNCSW60
- Mar 8, 2016 - Women Activists Lobby MPs
- Feb 29, 2016 - Canadian Voice of Women for Peace Moves to the Beach
- Feb 3, 2016 - Suspend the $15-billion sale of LAV IIIs to Saudi Arabia and sign the Arms Treaty (ATT)
Areas of Expertise:
Sources is an online portal and directory for journalists, writers, news editors, researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
© Sources 1977-2017. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.