Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- Jewish Group Strongly Opposes Censorship at York University (May 21, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) Canada protests the York University administrations decision to revoke the student club status of Students Against Israeli Apartheid (SAIA) at York University until January 2014.
- Seizure of AP phone records condemned as grave violation (May 20, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders regards the US Department of Justices seizure of the records of thousands of Associated Press phone calls as an extremely grave violation of freedom of information.
- IFJ Denounces Attempts by Freedom of Expression Group to Weaken Copyright Protection for Journalists (May 20, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has today denounced a set of principles issued by Article 19 to unduly restrict creators' copyright protection.
- IFJ Condemns U.S. Justice Dept for Secretly Gathering Associated Press Records (May 20, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has joined its affiliate, the Newspaper Guild-CWA, in condemning the U.S. Justice Department for secretly gathering the phone records of Associated Press Journalists and called on the department
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 20 May 2013 (May 20, 2013)
A key role for every leader is mentoring and coaching his or her subordinates so they develop to their full potential.
- Who speaks for Jews when it comes to civil liberties and human rights? (May 14, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) Canada strongly condemns the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) for sponsoring a Daniel Pipes lecture May 13.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 13 May 2013 (May 13, 2013)
Often, the best intelligence comes from troops in contact with the enemy. They can see whats happening and can provide ground truth to corroborate or validate the opinions and assessments made through the intelligence estimation proces
- Candidates, MLAs back area nurses in their drive to protect patients (May 9, 2013)
VIHA scheme to cut nurses at NRGH comes under fire at Nanaimo all-candidates meeting
- New All But Gluten Celebrates Receiving the Canadian Celiac Association's Gluten-Free Certification Mark (May 8, 2013)
All But Gluten - a new line of great tasting gluten-free bakery products from Weston Bakeries is being launched during Celiac Awareness Month and can be found in the fresh bakery section of major retail stores across Canada. These products are cer
- ADCO Launches Province-wide Fundraiser for Children's Hospitals (May 7, 2013)
Members of the Association of the Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario, staff and children host ADCO Walkathon events to raise funds for children's hospitals across the province.
- IFIC Congratulates Ontario Chamber of Commerce on Comprehensively Addressing Retirement Savings (May 7, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) congratulates the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) for addressing the crucial issue of retirement savings in a comprehensive policy resolution
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 6 May 2013 (May 6, 2013)
Never assume youre completely right about your enemy (or competitors)
nor completely wrong either.
- IFIC CONGRATULATES GOVERNMENT OF ONTARIO ON BUDGET 2013 (May 3, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - May 3, 2013 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) congratulates the Ontario government for reducing the provincial deficit to $9.8 billion in 2012-13.
- 5,000 Canadians walk to honour and support families of workplace tragedy (May 3, 2013)
Beginning May 4, more than 5000 Canadians will walk in support of families affected by workplace fatalities, life-altering injuries and occupational disease, as part of the annual Steps for Life - Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy.
- Drinking Water Conference Takes Centre Stage in Ottawa, May 5-8 (May 1, 2013)
Ontario water industry professionals meet in Ottawa, May 5-8
- CFIQ elects new chair (May 1, 2013)
The Board of Governors of CFIQ has elected a new chair. Claude Paquin (president, financial services ? Quebec, Investors Group Financial Services) assumes the role following the departure of Stï¿½phane Langlois.
- New ALL BUT GLUTEN Baked Goods Launches During Celiac Awareness Month for Canadians on a Gluten-Free Diet (April 30, 2013)
ALL BUT GLUTEN - a new line of great tasting gluten-free products from Weston Bakeries is being launched during Celiac Awareness Month. These products are certified by the Canadian Celiac Associations Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCP) an
- LCBO stores raise funds for Threads of Life (April 26, 2013)
LCBO shoppers can support families affected by workplace tragedies, April 28 through May 25, by dropping their coins in the counter coin boxes.
- IFIC PROPOSES EXCLUDING CANADIAN FUNDS FROM PFIC RULES (April 16, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - April 16, 2013 - IFIC has made a submission to members of the U.S. Congress to propose that Canadian mutual funds be excluded from the Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) rules. Under PFIC, distributions to and redemption
- BCNU thanks nurses for convincing the provincial government to sign Bill 18 into law (April 15, 2013)
Enabling Licensed Practical Nurses to join other nurses in the same bargaining association will improve patient care by maximizing efficiencies and collaboration among nurses and with employers.
- Canadian Voice of Women calls on federal government to cut defence budget on Global Day of Action on Military Spending (April 15, 2013)
Monday, April 15th is the Global Day of Action on Military Spending and the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace is calling on the federal government to redirect military spending to environmental and social needs. The Voice of Women is releasing a peti
- Jewish human rights group condemns U of Manitoba Student Union attack on freedom of speech (April 15, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices responds to Israel supporters' attack on freedom of speech.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre - 15 April 2013 (April 14, 2013)
People are not mushrooms; they don't grow best in the damp and the dark. You have to let in the light so they know what is happening, why it's happening, and what needs to be done, both individually and collectively.
- Embedded fee model under current regulatory structure serves Canadians well (April 12, 2013)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) submitted comments today on the Canadian Securities Administrators? (CSA) Discussion Paper 81-407 - Mutual Fund Fees. In its response, IFIC highlights the effectiveness of Canada's current regulatory
- Nurses urge BC Liberal Cabinet to sign nursing bill into law (April 12, 2013)
Nurses today delivered six gigantic postcards covered with voters' signatures to the provincial Cabinet office in downtown Vancouver, urging the government to do the right thing to improve health care in BC by signing Bill 18 into law.
- PCs - The Beginning of the End (April 12, 2013)
Most people don't need a powerful desktop or laptop computer for everyday tasks. Email, messaging, reading news, talking on the phone or through video conferencing, scheduling activities, budgeting, etc., they can all be done on mobile devices.
- Nurses to deliver message to BC Cabinet Friday 10:30 am (April 11, 2013)
Nurses will be delivering a message Friday asking the provincial government to Keep the Promise to listen to nurses and improve healthcare for British Columbians by signing Bill 18 into law.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre - 8 April 2013 (April 8, 2013)
When I was a young platoon commander in the army, I had a commanding officer who told us that the true measure of leadership success was to be respected, not liked. When you're respected, you influence through competence and ability, and likeabilit
- Fundraiser for the Canadian missions: Tastes of Heaven Gala, April 25, 2013 (March 26, 2013)
Tastes of Heaven Gala 2013 - Join Catholic Missions In Canada at its 2013 Tastes of Heaven Gala and hear Sister Sheila Fortune, C.S.J., one of our Canadian missionaries from the Diocese of Corner Book and Labrador, speak on the
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 25 March 2013 (March 25, 2013)
Leading from the front is needed to set the example, the tone, and the pace of an operation or project. On the other hand, once things are fully underway in the right manner, it is time to pass the baton to a trusted subordinate to continue with the
- Federal Budget a disappointment to nurses, patients, families (March 22, 2013)
Harper Conservatives fail to provide any leadership to protect and improve public healthcare in Canada
- China's new leadership faces censorship challenge (March 16, 2013)
China's new leaders will face unprecedented challenges to controlling the media, even as journalists' efforts to test the system continue to carry great risk, according to a new report by the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- Enemies of the Internet 2013 (March 16, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is releasing a Special report on Internet surveillance
- IFJ Welcomes Indictment of Former Security Operatives over Journalist's Torture in Colombia (March 16, 2013)
Seven former members of the former secret service in Colombia, the Administrative Department for Security (DAS), face charges of psychological torture and intimidation' inflicted on prominent journalist Claudia Julieta Duque
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 11 March 2013 (March 11, 2013)
Whenever you're creating a message, giving direction, or developing objectives and plans, aim to formulate them at a high school level. This isn't meant as an insult to the receiver, but rather as recognition that intentions and concepts must be simp
- Nurses Send a Message to Health Authority CEO (March 7, 2013)
Keep the Promise of Safer Care through Safe Staffing at Women's and Children's Hospital
- Jewish human rights group supports Israeli Apartheid Week (March 5, 2013)
IJV responds to critics' criticism of Israel Apartheid Week, insisting that Israel be held to the same standard as every other country when it comes to international law and human rights.
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) sends Young women peacemakers to United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. (March 5, 2013)
Five young women who attended the VOW's first Peacemaker Summer Camps in 2012 thanks to a generous grant from the Canadian Auto Workers union (CAW ) have arrived in New York to take part in the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- Nurses union convention kicks off Tuesday morning (March 5) (March 4, 2013)
More than 400 nurses from around the province will be gathering at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver starting tomorrow (March 5) for the annual convention of the BC Nurses' Union.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 4 March 2013 (March 4, 2013)
Let your competitors focus on their existing customers and products. That creates opportunities for you to manoeuvre around them.
- Creating and Sustaining the Offensive Mindset (March 4, 2013)
A common understanding of offense is that it's all about attacking and taking an aggressive stance. This is true, but it's much more than that. It's a mindset that is centered on seizing and maintaining the initiative. If you've lost the init
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres 25 February 2013 (February 25, 2013)
Technology has always been a key factor in warfare. The side that is better able to exploit a new technology and do so faster and in greater numbers than potential or actual enemies will tend to prevail. The same applies in business.
- Best Interest Standard Warrants More Study - IFIC (February 22, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - In a submission filed today with the Canadian Securities Authorities (CSA), The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) calls for additional research on several key elements contained in the CSA Consultation Paper 33-403.
- Toronto passes municipal Access Without Fear policy after marathon debate (February 22, 2013)
Toronto City Council becomes the first city in Canada to pass an Access Without Fear policy at the municipal level.
- Nurses concerned budget provides little room for health authorities to keep the promise to improve nurse staffing for safe patient care (February 19, 2013)
Pressure to do more with less will force nurses to deal with increased overcapacity in hospitals and under-funded needs, such as mental health, community, homecare and seniors' services.
- Fundraising Concert at Beit Zatoun - Saturday, March 2, 2013 - Toronto (February 19, 2013)
Dynamic downtown Toronto community venue celebrates 3 years of arts and culture for peace and justice. Fundraising Concert on March 2, 2013 with some of Toronto's best world music artists. Beit Zatoun's annual open house / anniversary / fundraising
- Nurses are encouraged with Throne Speech plan on seniors, primary healthcare (February 12, 2013)
But they wonder about the depth of the government's commitment to improved patients' services and the social determinants of health, when balancing the budget seems to be its number one priority
- Nurses disappointed with Vernon hospital announcement (February 12, 2013)
Nurses disappointed with Vernon hospital announcement. New Polson tower will result in only 14 new beds when at least 30 more beds and more nursing staff are needed.
- Canadian Franchise Association's Official Franchise Show Comes to Toronto on February 23 & 24, 2013 (February 12, 2013)
As Canada's premier franchise tradeshow, The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow) connects prospective franchisees with some of Canada's leading franchise brands at the Toronto Congress Centre on February 23 & 24, 2013.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres 11 February 2013 (February 11, 2013)
The first and most important principle of war, and the only sure road to victory, is offense. Defense should only be used as a temporary measure while doing everything possible to (re)gain the initiative.
- canfitpro and Atii Fitness Centre team up to bring fitness certification training to Iqaluit, Nunavut (February 6, 2013)
Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro) is excited to be the official provider of group fitness and personal training certification for the Atii Fitness Centre in Iqaluit.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre 4 February 2013 (February 4, 2013)
Complaining isn't necessarily a sign of bad morale. In fact, the opposite is quite often true. If people stop talk, that's when you should be worried.
- Media Release: Miko Peled to speak in Vancouver on ending the crisis in Israel-Palestine (January 29, 2013)
Peled provides a clear, optimistic perspective on the crisis and how to end it.
- A New Name and a New Era (January 25, 2013)
We say goodbye to a 75-year era and say hello to a new beginning. The Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (OAMRT) has merged with The Ontario Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (OSDMS)
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre for 21 January 2013 (January 21, 2013)
Businesses must be constantly on the lookout for threats from all quarters, even those that appear highly improbable or even impossible.
- canfitpro and Fitness Kickboxing Canada Inc. partner to bring MMA training to the Canadian fitness industry (January 18, 2013)
canfitpro and Fitness Kickboxing Canada Inc. partner to bring MMA training to the Canadian fitness industry
- Firearms safety: a Canadian success story (January 15, 2013)
Twenty years ago, the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) was introduced in conjunction with new firearms legislation. A product of the best firearms training expertise from across Canada, the course teaches responsible use of non-restricted firea
- Boarding School Opens Doors for Ontario Girls (January 14, 2013)
Boarding School Opens Doors for Ontario Girls. The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) travels Ontario to meet potential students who qualify for enrolment into the unique Boarding program at Canada's oldest private girls school.
- The Franchise Show Comes to Montreal on January 19 & 20 during Franchise Entrepreneurship Week (January 14, 2013)
The Franchise Show in Montreal will help aspiring business owners find their franchise match on January 19 and 20, 2013 during Franchise Entrepreneurship Week.
- What Are the Hot Trends in Franchising for 2013? CFA identifies 6 sectors creating and maintaining growth into the New Year (January 14, 2013)
Canadian Franchise Association's FranchiseCanada magazine's exclusive January/February cover story on franchise trends uses years of data to let Canadians in on the franchise sectors that have been experiencing impressive year-over-year growth betw
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Offers Program Tailored to International Medical Graduates (January 9, 2013)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) is moving forward with bridge delivery of its naturopathic medical program, developed specifically for international medical graduates and scheduled to start in May 2013.
- The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine opens naturopathic teaching clinic at Brampton Civic Hospital (January 8, 2013)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine opens a naturopathic teaching clinic at Brampton Civic Hospital, the first such clinic within an Ontario hospital setting.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre for 7 January 2013 (January 7, 2013)
There's a military dictum to the effect that time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted. Scouting parties are sent out to confirm the lay of the land, the presence and nature of enemy forces, the friendliness of the local population.
- 2013 CIFSC Chair Announcement (January 3, 2013)
Toronto - The Canadian Investment Funds Standards Committee (CIFSC) has elected Brian Bridger, Director, Analytics and Data at Fundata Canada Inc. as its Chair for the coming year, effective January 1, 2013. Congratulations to Mr. Bridger.
- VOW Calls on Governor General to meet with Chiefs - New Year New Relationship (January 1, 2013)
Voice of Women delivers letter to Lieut Governor at Queen's Park today at 1 pm, Jan 1st calling on Lt Gov and Governor General to meet with Chief Spence and participate in a nation-to-nation meeting with Harper and provincial premiers
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.