Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- At least 2,297 journalists and media staff have been killed since 1990: IFJ report (February 4, 2016)
International Federation of Journalists publishes its 25th report on journalists and media staff killed since 1990.
- Report released: China's Great Media Wall: The Fight For Freedom (February 4, 2016)
International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) releases its annual China Press Freedom Report, Chinas Great Media Wall: The Fight For Freedom.
- Suspend the $15-billion sale of LAV IIIs to Saudi Arabia and sign the Arms Treaty (ATT) (February 3, 2016)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace is deeply concerned that the newly- elected Canadian government seems intent on completing the $15-billion sale of Canadian-made LAV III vehicles to Saudi Arabia initiated by the former government.
- Deadly week for media in Pakistan - two journalists killed in KP province (January 22, 2016)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliate the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) condemn the killing of two journalists in the past week in the troubled Khyber-Pakhtunhkhwa province in Pakistans north-west.
- Yemen: journalist killed in an air raid by the Saudi-led coalition (January 22, 2016)
Yemeni journalist Almigdad Mojalli was killed on 17 January in an air raid by the Saudi-led coalition in the capital, Sanaa, according to news reports.
- TV office attacked in Islamabad (January 22, 2016)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) condemns the attack on the Islamabad office of the Pakistani television channel ARY News on Wednesday, January 13. The IFJ demands an immediate investigation into the attack by authorities.
- Hunger strike threatens health of Palestinian journalist in Israeli jail (January 22, 2016)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliate the Palestinian Journalists syndicate (PJS) are deeply concerned over the health of a Palestinian journalist who has been on hunger strike for almost 50 days
- Kuwait: New Cyber Crimes Law restricts free expression and targets online activists (January 22, 2016)
Kuwait: New Cyber Crimes Law restricts free expression and targets online activists
- Iran must stop denying medical care to imprisoned journalists (January 22, 2016)
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemns the appalling conditions in which journalists are detained in Iran and calls on the authorities to stop denying them medical attention.
- RSF reiterates call for EU sanctions against CCTV and Xinhua (January 22, 2016)
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls for European Union sanctions against state-owned China Central Television (CCTV) and the official news agency Xinhua for broadcasting and publishing what are presumably forced "confessions."
- Protecting the Choice to Speak Anonymously Is Key to Fighting Online Harassment (January 22, 2016)
EFF Urges Department of Education to Uphold First Amendment Rights in University Anti-Harassment Policies
- Migrant farmworkers ask Trudeau for Permanent Residency in Canada as they announce caravan to Ottawa (January 22, 2016)
Migrant farmworker group Justice for Migrant Workers is launching Harvesting Freedom, a year-long campaign for immigration status upon arrival for migrant farmworkers to mark the 50th anniversary of the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program (SAWP).
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2015 (January 20, 2016)
Toronto, ON January 20, 2016 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2015, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.23 trillion. Year-to-date, industr
- SOS Media Burundi's dangerous reporting mission (January 13, 2016)
Almost the only relief for those in search of news in Burundi is to be found at SOS Media Burundi, a collective of journalists that emerged spontaneously within 48 hours of the destruction of the radio stations during the May 2014 coup attempt
- European Commission launches action against Poland following EU-wide protest (January 13, 2016)
The International and European Federation of Journalists have welcomed the action against Poland's restrictive media law,
- EFF To Court: Cisco Must Be Held Accountable For Aiding China's Human Rights Abuses (January 13, 2016)
Company Built Customized Golden Shield System to Identify Falun Gong Members Who Were Later Tortured.
- Leading news website blocked in 3 Arab countries (January 11, 2016)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has expressed its deep concerns today following the blocking of news web site al-Araby al-Jadeed and its English counterpart The New Arab, in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt.
- IFJ calls for international laws protecting journalists to be enforced after another deadly year of killings (January 11, 2016)
2015 has been another deadly year for journalists, with at least 109 journalists and media staff killed in targeted killings, bomb attacks and cross-fire incidents, according to the annual report published by the IFJ.
- IFJ women move forward struggle for gender equality (January 11, 2016)
The IFJ Gender Council held on 9 January, 2016, its statutory mid-term conference on the theme Gender and Media: Women Taking the Lead.
- RSF alarmed by journalists arrest on terrorism charges in Bahrain (January 11, 2016)
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is worried by the terrorism charges brought against Mahmood Al Jazeeri, a journalist with the independent daily newspaper Al Wasat, who has been held for the past 11 days.
- A year after Charlie, RSF warns against "religious correctness" (January 11, 2016)
On the eve of the first anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo tragedy in Paris and amid controversy about the satirical weeklys latest cover, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) cautions against the insidious imposition of a "religious correctness"
- RSF calls for firm EU stance if Poland does not abandon new media law (January 11, 2016)
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) calls on the European Commission to be firm with Poland if the two-month-old national-conservative Law and Justice (PiS) government fails to abandon the media law that was adopted last week.
- More employers are changing the terms of termination notices in contracts that limit more generous payouts (January 7, 2016)
More employers are changing the terms of termination notices in contracts that limit more generous payouts. Employment Lawyer, Shelley Brown warns many judges are refusing to set aside these limitations.
- IFIC / IFSE Launches CRM2 Module for Financial Advisors (January 7, 2016)
Toronto, ON January 7, 2016 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) together with its education arm, IFSE Institute, announce the launch of a new continuing education module designed to teach financial advisors about disclosure requir
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.