Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- What do You Stand For? (April 23, 2014)
Carol Faull will be addressing the Women's Leadership Forum on the importance of knowing and aligning with your organization's core values.
- New website enhances parent connection with Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (April 22, 2014)
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board, in Ontario, recently launched a new website to enhance connections and meet the needs of today's parents and students. The web has changed dramatically since their previous site was launched in 2006:
- Use the entire spectrum to watch and listen, not just the part youre used to (April 21, 2014)
You have to get out of your normal means of seeing and hearing in order to become aware of the wider world around you.
- Investment Funds Industry Welcomes Canadas Financial Literacy Leader (April 15, 2014)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) released a statement today on behalf of its members, welcoming the appointment of Canadas first financial literacy leader.
- IFJ Convenes International conference on Media , Armed Conflict and Hate Speech (April 13, 2014)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is organising a conference on media, armed conflict and hate speech on 25 April 2014 in Brussels.
- Canadian Franchise Association Welcomes New Board of Directors Members (April 10, 2014)
Canadian Franchise Association Announces Appointment. CFA appoints Ken LeBlanc, Co-Founder, President and CEO of PropertyGuys.com, as Chair of CFA Board of Directors
- Canadian Franchise Association Announces 2014 Franchisees Choice Designees (April 10, 2014)
Winners announced during gala awards presentation dinner at the 23rd annual CFA National Convention in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Little Kickers Wins Grand Prize in 2014 Canadian Franchise Association Awards of Excellence in Franchising (April 10, 2014)
Prestigious award presented during gala awards presentation dinner at the 23rd annual CFA National Convention in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Torontos Annex Chess Club welcomes Spring with new tournament (April 4, 2014)
Annex Chess Club in Toronto kicks off a new chess tournament on April 7, called the Welcome Spring Swiss. Over 50 Toronto chess players are expected for the event, which runs at a pace of one game per week for five weeks. Rounds take place on Mondays
- Canadian Franchise Association Announces Winners of the 2014 CFA Recognition Awards (April 3, 2014)
Booster Juice to be inducted into the CFA Hall of Fame during CFA National Convention, April 6-8 in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Canadian Franchise Association Announces Finalists for the 2014 CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising (April 1, 2014)
Grand Prize winner to be announced at Gala Awards Presentation during CFA National Convention
- Intelligence is a comprehensive approach to analyzing and understanding the external business environment (March 31, 2014)
Business intelligence as its currently conceived is focused primarily on analysis of internal data and information. In reality, though, intelligence should be focused on understanding the EXTERNAL environment in depth and in scope. The idea is to
- Cross-Canada unicycle trip will promote Unity for the Climate (March 24, 2014)
5,000-km cross-Canada unicycle trip calls for political action on climate change and related issues.
- Build your command presence to maximize your ability to influence others positively (March 24, 2014)
Command presence is a term that is used in the military to denote the degree of respect, admiration, and confidence that people have in a leader.
- IFIC Congratulates New Federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver (March 20, 2014)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada issued a statement today congratulating the Honourable Joe Oliver on his appointment as Canadas minister of finance.
- Free Key Rights Defenders: Government Arbitrarily Holds Darwish, Colleagues Despite UN Demands (March 18, 2014)
The government of Syria should immediately and unconditionally release the arbitrarily detained human rights defender Mazen Darwish and his colleagues Hani Al-Zitani and Hussein Ghareer, 55 human rights organizations said today.
- Barrett Brown case: 11 of 12 counts dismissed (March 18, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders greets with relief federal prosecutors decision to drop nearly all criminal charges against Barrett Brown, a contributor to The Guardian and Vanity Fair.
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for February 2014 (March 18, 2014)
IFIC announces that for the month of February 2014, the Assets Under Management (AUM) for the mutual fund industry reached $1,045.2 billion. Year-to-date, industry AUM increased by $46 billion or 4.6%.
- Learn to specialize in being a generalist (March 17, 2014)
There is a famous essay by philosopher Isaiah Berlin, The Fox and the Hedgehog. In it he distinguished between authors who are hedgehogs, that is who see the world through one big idea, and foxes, who tend to see things through multiple
- Dragon to Deliver Keynote Address at the 2014 CFA National Convention (March 11, 2014)
Dragons Dens Bruce Croxon among esteemed Keynote Speakers at Canadas premier franchise education and networking event from April 6-8 in Niagara Falls, Ontario
- 50 Young Israelis Send a Letter to Netanyahu: "We Refuse to Serve in the Occupation Army" (March 10, 2014)
We, the undersigned, intend to refuse to serve in the army and the main reason for this refusal is our opposition to the military occupation of Palestinian territories.
- Create the conditions for success (March 10, 2014)
Last week I gave a list of 10 lessons I learned about leadership, strategy, and management that I learned in my time in the Canadian Army and as a consultant, helping executives, entrepreneurs, and organizations to exploit change and achieve outstand
- Communities and Organizations Respond to National Energy Board Decision on Line 9 (March 6, 2014)
Communities and Organizations Respond to National Energy Board Decision on Line 9. WHO: Sarah Harmer, NEB intervener and musician, Vanessa Gray, Aamjiwnaang First Nations and Sarnia Against Pipelines, Marilyn Eriksen, Resident of Toronto Ward 24
- Rising Tide Toronto launches "Line 9 Pledge of Resistance" (March 6, 2014)
Rising Tide Toronto launches Line 9 Pledge of Resistance. Group encourages civil disobedience to stop pipeline approved by NEB.
- Canadian women activists enroute to the 58th United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. (March 6, 2014)
Twenty (20) women representing the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) will be in New York City from March 10th March 21st. This years UNCSW theme is Challenges and Achievements in the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals
- Mobile and Emerging Platforms Are Focus of World Newspaper Congress (March 5, 2014)
Paid content and all access strategies have proven that readers will pay for digital access, but what do they get for their money? Publishers are going to need more sophisticated strategies to maintain digital growth.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Fights National Security Letter Demands on Behalf of Telecom, Internet Company (March 5, 2014)
Legal Briefings Still Under Seal After Government Demands for Secrecy
- Electronic Frontier Foundation Urges Supreme Court to Crack Down on Patent Trolls (March 5, 2014)
Two Big Cases Could Protect Software Innovators and Their Customers From Patent Lawsuits
- What We Can Learn from Military Discipline (March 5, 2014)
When asked what they find most striking or typical in the military way of doing things, most people Ive asked readily answer discipline, organization, or rigour. The military has a disciplined way of going about its business, and this is one of
- canfitpro combats obesity with a free educational resource (March 4, 2014)
canfitpro launches a free webinar series to help Canadians better understand nutrition and healthy weight loss.
- Torontos Annex Chess Club kicks off "Goodbye to Winter" tournament (March 3, 2014)
Annex Chess Club in Toronto is starting a new chess tournament March 3, called the Goodbye Winter Swiss.
- Learn from your mistakes and those of others (March 3, 2014)
I spoke last Tuesday to the Associates of the Asper School of Business in Winnipeg. As I was preparing for the speech I came up with a list of over 20 key lessons I learned about leadership, strategy, planning, and discipline during my military and c
- National Day of Action - Petitions with 10,000 signatures delivered to Immigration Enforcement (February 28, 2014)
National Day of Action with rallies in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and London. Petitions with 10,000 signatures to be delivered to Immigration Enforcement calling for civilian oversight and end to indefinite detention.
- Make sure your planning and discussions always end with a decision on specific action steps (February 24, 2014)
There is nothing wrong with gaining input by holding meetings. However, you must always close any discussion with a decision on next steps and clear direction for who will do what, by when, with whom, and with what resources.
- Social Media as a Civic Engagement Tool (February 18, 2014)
Attend this workshop to learn the basics on how to use social media and web resources to stay engaged with your city and connect with others who share your interests.
- Focus Your Limited Resources on Actions with the Biggest Payoff (February 17, 2014)
You can only have one main effort. You must align your strongest resources to the main effort, with supporting thrusts to either support the main effort directly, or to widen the field of manoeuvre for your main effort.
- How to Franchise Your Business Seminar Helps Small Businesses Become National Brands (February 11, 2014)
CFAs How To Franchise Your Business Seminar in Toronto on February 27 guides entrepreneurs to become successful franchisors
- Canadas Largest Franchise-Only Show Returns to Toronto (February 11, 2014)
With over 100 franchise opportunities and experts, aspiring entrepreneurs can find out how to become small business owners at The Franchise Show in Toronto on February 22 & 23, 2014
- If youve lost or given up the initiative, then youre automatically in a defensive posture (February 10, 2014)
You can give up the initiative willingly and go into a temporary or local defensive mode. This allows you to buy time to reorganize, rest, or reconstitute your resources. It also allows you to free up valuable resources to reassign them to higher pri
- How to Shape Your Competitive Space (February 4, 2014)
Shaping the battle space means that you dont just accept the situation as it is, but also try to influence and mould it so that you can exploit your strengths and put your competitors in a weaker position. In business, we need to apply the same pr
- Use guerrilla strategy and tactics if youre in a position of strategic weakness (February 3, 2014)
Guerrilla strategy is very misunderstood, sometimes even by military historians and strategists. In the simplest terms, guerrilla strategy is a combination of small-scale offensive tactics with a defensive strategy at the highest levels. Despite what
- Individualized Naturopathic Care Reduces Presenteeism and Improves Cost-Savings for Employers, Study Shows (January 30, 2014)
Adding naturopathic treatments to conventional care not only helps reduce cardiovascular disease among those at risk, but also reduces presenteeism and improves cost-savings for employers concludes a new study by the Canadian College of Naturopathic
- Grassy Narrows requests environmental assessment of logging plan - Clearcutting will elevate mercury poison in fish (January 28, 2014)
Grassy Narrows First Nation is calling for a thorough environmental assessment of the newly approved plan for clearcut logging on their Territory - an important test of Ontario's environmental laws.
- The Day We Fight Back Against Mass Surveillance: February 11, 2014 (January 28, 2014)
On February 11, on the Day We Fight Back, the world will demand an end to mass surveillance in every country, by every state, regardless of boundaries or politics.
- Four years in prison for cyber-dissident Xu Zhiyong (January 28, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders deplores the four-year jail sentence that Beijing Intermediate Court No. 1 imposed on the cyber-dissident Xu Zhiyong on 26 January on a charge of gathering a crowd to disturb public order.
- What Are the Hot Trends in Franchising for 2014? (January 28, 2014)
FranchiseCanada goes inside the minds of todays prospective franchisees to find out who they are and what theyre looking for in a franchise investment opportunity
- Managing well is just as important for outstanding leadership as inspiration and transformational qualities (January 27, 2014)
People often say that leadership and management are two different things. This is true in one sense, but in another it isn't.
- Roy McMurtry to Deliver Keynote Address at CFA Franchise Law Day (January 20, 2014)
Annual seminar highlights latest developments in Canadian franchise law and offers best practices for Canadas franchise community
- Give clear and authoritative direction (January 20, 2014)
SMESC stands for: Situation, Mission, Execution, Support, and Command and Signals. Ive modified it for business and organizational use. Whether youre giving formal direction or informal guidance, this format can be used as an aide mémoire
- EFF Calls Out DOJ for Failing to Provide Crucial Public Information in NSA Case (January 19, 2014)
Latest Filing in Jewel v. NSA Demands Documents Government Is Trying to Conceal
- IFJ Welcomes Ground-breaking Decision by Singapore Court to Quash Order on Journalists Sources (January 19, 2014)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has today welcomed the landmark decision of a Singapore Court of Appeal to overturn an order that a journalist should disclose his sources for an article he had written on his blog.
- IFIC Announces New Chair and Board Appointments (January 15, 2014)
The board of directors of The Investment Funds Institute of Canada is pleased to announce that Brian Peters (MD Physician Services Inc.) was elected chair of IFICs board, and Sian Burgess (Fidelity Investments) was elected first vice-chair, effect
- The Franchise Show Returns to Montreal for Franchise Entrepreneurship Week (January 14, 2014)
Aspiring entrepreneurs can learn how to become small business owners through franchising at The Franchise Show in Montreal on January 18 & 19
- Ordeal continues for journalists detained in Egypt (January 10, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders condemns yesterdays announcement by the Egyptian authorities that they are extending the provisional detention of three Al-Jazeera journalists for another 15 days.
- Journalist gets seven-year jail sentence for decade-old articles (January 10, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the seven-year jail sentence that a Dhaka court imposed today on former magazine editor Salah Uddin Shoaib Choudhury in connection with articles criticizing Islamism a decade ago.
- Four Al-Jazeera journalists arrested arbitrarily in Cairo (January 7, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the arrests of four Al-Jazeera journalists by the Egyptian secret police in Cairo and calls for their immediate and unconditional release.
- IFJ/EFJ Call on Montenegrin Authorities to Protect Media Freedom Following Attacks (January 7, 2014)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have expressed their dismay after learning that an explosive device was discovered in the offices of the Vijesti daily newspaper in Montenegro.
- Gambia: Bans lifted on two media, but much still to be done (January 5, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders takes note of a New Years Day announcement by the presidents office lifting bans on The Standard newspaper and Teranga FM community radio station. The bans had been in effect for more than 16 months.
- Bahrain: Well-known photographer held for past week, beaten (January 5, 2014)
Reporters Without Borders calls for the release of Ahmed Al-Fardan, an award-winning photojournalist who has been held without charge in Bahrain for the past week.
- Journalists persecuted by judges in Rostov-on-Don (January 5, 2014)
The release of Mikhail Khodorkovski, Pussy Riot and Greenpeace activists must not divert attention from the many other threats to fundamental freedoms in Russia.
- First Journalist Killed in 2014: IFJ Condemns Murder of Pakistan Journalist Shan Dahar (January 5, 2014)
The International Federation of Journalists has called on authorities in Pakistan to carry out an immediate investigation into the murder of journalist Shan Dahar (Odhor) in the Badha area of the country's Larkana district.
- IFIC Congratulates New Chair of CIFSC (January 3, 2014)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada congratulates Reid Baker on his election as chair of the Canadian Investment Funds Standards Committee (CIFSC), effective January 1, 2014.
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.