Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for September 2017 (October 23, 2017)
Toronto, ON - October 23, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending September 30, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.43 trillion. AUM increased by $16.
- No Tasers For Toronto Police, Communities Urge (October 18, 2017)
The Urban Alliance on Race Relations, working on civilian oversight of police since 1975, is joined by lawyers and academics to oppose the buying of more tasers at the Toronto Police Services Board (TPSB) public meeting on 'Conducted Energy Weapons'.
- IFJ and EFJ condemn murder of Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia (October 17, 2017)
Maltese investigative journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was murdered yesterday around 3pm by a car bomb in the town of Bidnija, near her family home. The International and European Federations of Journalists condemned today this killing.
- Safety protocol with 16 points for journalists covering conflict zones (October 17, 2017)
The Journalists Union of Turkey (TGS) in partnership with the European and International Federation of Journalists (EFJ-IFJ) successfully organised a 2-day Safety Workshop in Diyarbakir
- Pakistan: fourth journalist killed this year (October 17, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) strongly condemns the killing of a journalist in Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in northwest Pakistan on Thursday, October 12.
- Meeting the Challenge of the Right (October 9, 2017)
Meeting the challenge of the Right requires not only anti-fascist actions in the street, but organizing to reach those who may be attracted the the appeal of the Right and offering an alternative social vision.
- Open Letter to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres (October 9, 2017)
Dear Secretary General, On your recent visit to Gaza, you saw with your own eyes some of the deplorable and inhumane conditions suffered by the Palestinians living in Gaza. You called it one of the most dramatic humanitarian crises that you had seen
- Discussions on new perspectives and challenges for the funds and asset management industry at the 31st IIFA Conference in Switzerland (October 5, 2017)
Zurich, 5 October 2017 - The 31st Annual Conference of The International Investment Funds Association (IIFA) was held this week in Zurich, Switzerland. Over 70 people representing 38 funds associations discussed the perspectives and challenges for
- Freedom Flotilla Coalition Donates Materials to over 400 Fishers in Gaza (October 3, 2017)
The Freedom Flotilla Coalition (FFC), an international coalition composed of civil society groups demanding an end to the illegal and inhumane blockade of Gaza, recently sent fishing materials to Palestinian fishers in Gaza. In cooperation with sever
- IFIC Welcomes CRA Decision to Defer Application of Advantage Rules to Investment Management Fees (September 29, 2017)
Toronto, ON - September 29, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) welcomes the Canada Revenue Agencys recent decision to defer by one year, to January 1, 2019, application of the "advantage rules" to the tax treatment
- IFIC Annual Leadership Conference Showcases Innovation and Investor Choice (September 28, 2017)
Rapidly evolving innovation and unparalleled investor choice were the central themes of a day-long conference hosted by The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) on Wednesday, September 27 in Toronto.
- CWF finds shocking numbers of dead turtles on the roads this summer and calls for more help to save these species at risk (September 25, 2017)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) and Scales Nature Park found hundreds of dead turtles on roads around Muskoka and Ottawa this summer and are calling for more help to save these species at risk.
- Media Release IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for August 2017 (September 21, 2017)
Toronto, ON September 21, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending August 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.41 trillion. AUM increased by $8.3
- Emmanuel International Canada is helping the families of Barbuda Island with emergency food kits and clean water (September 14, 2017)
Emmanuel International Canada is helping the families of Barbuda Island with emergency food kits and clean water
- Emmanuel International Canada is mobilizing as an official drop off point for the Barbuda Relief Recovery (September 14, 2017)
Emmanuel International Canada is working with the Consulate of Antigua and Barbuda to collect needed items for the people of Barbuda
- Investment Funds Industry Gathers for 30th IFIC Leadership Conference (September 13, 2017)
Canadas pre-eminent networking and information event for the investment funds industry
- Fearless and outspoken Indian journalist Gauri Lankesh shot dead in Karnataka (September 11, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists (India) in condemning the brutal killing of journalist Gauri Lankesh in Bengaluru, India on September 5.
- Arnold Amber - IFJ mourns loss of true champion of working journalists rights (September 11, 2017)
Working journalists have lost a true champion and the IFJ has lost a dear friend.
- Iran: journalist loses eye and part of face after being refused cancer treatment in prison (September 11, 2017)
Association of Iranian Journalists board member and political prisoner Alireza Rajaee has lost his right eye and part of his face due to a cancer that was left untreated during his time in prison between 2011 and 2015.
- Media Release - IFIC Announces New Chair and Board Appointments and Welcomes New Member and Affiliate (September 8, 2017)
Toronto, ON - The board of directors of The Investment Funds Institute of Canada is pleased to announce that at its annual meeting on September 7, Ross Kappele (EVP & head of distribution, BMO Asset Management Canada) was elected chair
- Stop the Violence Against Rohingya; End Discrimination and Protect Civilians (September 6, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace is appalled by the persecution of Rohingya minority and calls on Myanmars authorities and its leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, to immediately and urgently: End the ongoing systematic persecution of Rohingya minority
- Its Time to Ban the Bomb (September 6, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace Asks Where is Canada? On July 7, 2017, 122 countries voted to adopt the historic Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons-- a landmark international agreement that outlaws, categorically, the worst weapons
- Canada, Sign the Nuclear Ban Treaty! (August 30, 2017)
The Security Council met on August 29th to consider the heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula. Janis Alton*, Co-Chair of VOW, sent a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, urging Canada to to be a voice for diplomacy at the UN and sign the Nu
- Connexions Other Voices - August 28, 2017 - Official Enemies (August 29, 2017)
In the August 27 issue of Other Voices, we examine why and how some countries become enemies and how and why governments and media work in tandem to demonize official enemies.
- 2017 Toronto Open Chess Championship - September 2 - 4 (August 22, 2017)
The Toronto Open Chess Championship is Greater Torontos marquee Open event of the year, sanctioned by the Greater Toronto Chess League. It's being held September 2 - 4, 2017.
- Philippines slaps libel suit to silence broadcast journalist (August 22, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate, the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP), in condemning the libel suit against ABS-CBNs broadcast journalist Ted Failon and three members of his staff.
- Unrelenting crackdown on critical voices in China (August 22, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is deeply concerned about the pressure applied by Chinese authorities which forced a prestigious University publication to block online access to more than 300 articles on its website.
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for July 2017 (August 22, 2017)
Toronto, ON - August 22, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending July 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.4 trillion. AUM decreased by $12.3 bill
- Join Canadian Voice of Women for Peaces call for Ottawa to suspend arms sales to Saudi Arabia (August 14, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace calls on the Canadian government to: Suspend arms sales and transfers to Saudi Arabia, including armoured vehicles, weapons, munitions, military equipment or technology (or logistical and financial support for
- Myanmar journalist arrested and blocked from leaving country (August 3, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) condemns the latest move by authorities in Myanmar, following the detainment of a journalist at Yangon International Airport on Sunday, July 30, 2017.
- Bangladeshi journalist detained for reporting on dead goat (August 3, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the Bangladesh Manobodhikari Sambadhik Forum (BMSF) condemns the detention of a journalist for posting allegedly derogatory comments about a minister on Facebook. The IFJ demands immediate drop
- Syria: IFJ condemns killing of Russia Today journalist (August 3, 2017)
A Russia Today (RT) correspondent was killed and a cameraman injured in a rocket attack by the Islamic State (IS) militants on Sunday 30 July in Homs province, Syria.
- CBSA-Red Cross monitoring contract a rebranded empty gesture says immigration detention watchdog (August 3, 2017)
An agreement between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the Canadian Red Cross (CRC), announced last week to much government fanfare, is being described by opponents of Canadas indefinite immigration detention regime as political spin.
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for June 2017 (July 26, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending June 30, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.41 trillion. AUM decreased by $13.6 billion
- We Must Keep the Internet Free and Open. EFF, Tech Giants, Startups and Internet Users Tell FCC: Dont Sell Out Net Neutrality To Appease ISPs (July 26, 2017)
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and a broad coalition of user advocacy groups and major technology companies and organizations joined forces to protest the FCCs plan to toss out net neutrality rules that preserve Internet freedom.
- China to further beef up internet control (July 26, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) calls on the Government of China to clarify the usage of privately-run VPNs (Virtual Private Network) in China. The IFJ also calls on the Government of China to end its attempt to control and stifle
- Police seals TV channel in Siliguri, India (July 26, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) condemns the shutting down of a television channel based in Siliguri, West Bengal, India by the police on July 22. The IFJ demands the immediate restoration of the channel.
- Israeli authorities must cease their routine abuse and harassment of journalists, says IFJ (July 26, 2017)
The Palestinian Journalists Syndicate (PJS) recorded at least 15 incidents of journalists being attacked, abused or prevented from reporting by Israeli security forces while attempting to cover the Al-Aqsa Mosque protests over the weekend.
- Journalists harassed, detained by Pakistans investigation agency (July 26, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) condemns the harassment and detention of two reporters by the state agency in Islamabad, Pakistan on July 21. The IFJ demands action against the officials involved in the harassment and unlawful
- Turkey: Cumhuriyet journalists face trial on 24 July (July 26, 2017)
The International and European Federation of Journalists (IFJ/EFJ) join their affiliates TGS and DISK Basin-Is in condemning the trial of the Turkish newspaper Cumhuriyet
- Douglas Roche Featured Speaker at August 6th Hiroshima-Nagasaki Commemoration in Toronto (July 25, 2017)
Douglas Roche Featured Speaker at August 6th. Hiroshima-Nagasaki Commemoration in Toronto. Former Senator Douglas Roche, who also served as Canadian Ambassador for Disarmament.
- Connexions Other Voices - Secrecy and Power (July 22, 2017)
Secrecy and Power; The July 22 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, is now out. It sptolights the relationship of secrecy and power.
- Peace Groups Issue an Emergency Appeal to Mayor John Tory to Examine the Dangers of Nuclear Weapons (July 19, 2017)
Peace Groups Issue an Emergency Appeal to Mayor John Tory to Examine the Dangers of Nuclear Weapons
July 19, 2017 (Toronto) Two weeks after the UN ratified a treaty banning nuclear weapons that was boycotted by Canada, thirteen peace, faith and env
- Media Release - IFIC Welcomes New Member Equity Associates Inc. (July 5, 2017)
Toronto, ON - July 5, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today announced that Equity Associates Inc. has joined IFIC.
- IFIC Launches Investor Centre to Help Investors Make Informed Decisions (July 4, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today launched its new Investor Centre (https://investorcentre.ific.ca), with expanded content and contemporary features to help Canadians navigate their financial journeys.
- Celebrating Canadian Multiculturalism Day (June 27, 2017)
Driving this years celebration of Canadas 150th, let us all together embrace Canadas multiculturalism and make Canada a beacon of same and the instrument of world peace.
- Connexions Other Voices - Public Safety (June 27, 2017)
The June 26, 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, is now out. This issue is about challenging injustice.
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Final Annual Fund Risk Classification Guidelines (June 23, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today released its 15th and final annual Voluntary Guidelines for Fund Managers Regarding Fund Volatility Risk Classification / Directives dapplication facultative concernant
- Together in Canada- Ensemble au Canada (June 22, 2017)
The Canadian Ethonocultural Council (CEC) in proud collaboration with the Canadian Ethnic Media Association (CEMA) are delighted to announce that on June 24, 2017, will be holding a Dinner Gala and Award Event, Together in Canada- Ensemble au Canada
- Canadian Voice of Women Making Waves from Coast to Coast! (June 21, 2017)
This past weekend in both Toronto and Victoria, VOW members held Ban the Bomb events in protest of the current Canadian government boycotting the UN talks on nuclear weapons. VOW will be running peace leadership camps in BC, ON, and NS this August.
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for May 2017 (June 21, 2017)
Toronto, ON - June 21, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending May 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.43 trillion. Year-to-date, industry AUM inc
- Peace Groups Hold Vigil at Chrystia Freeland's Toronto Constituency Office (June 14, 2017)
Peace Groups will hold a Ban the Bomb Vigil at the constituency office of Chrystia Freeland, Minister of Foreign Affairs, 344 Bloor Street West, on Saturday June 17 from 12 to 1 pm. The groups are protesting the government's boycott
- Media Advisory - Event: June 15, 2017 - Safeguarding Access to Financial Advice for Canadas Middle Class Paul C. Bourque, Q.C. in Conversat (June 8, 2017)
Paul C. Bourque, Q.C., president and CEO of The Investment Funds Institute of Canada, and veteran journalist Tom Clark will explore why Canadian policy makers are thinking about travelling a road not taken by the majority of global regulators and how
- It isnt News until it's Newsworthy! (June 6, 2017)
So, what makes a newsworthy story? 'News' is noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events. However, what might seem newsworthy to you may not appear newsworthy to a journalist. There are ways to make your story stand out!
- Media Release - IFIC Welcomes New Member - LOGiQ Asset Management Ltd. (May 31, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that LOGiQ Asset Management Ltd. https://logiqasset.com/) has joined IFIC.
- How to build brand awareness (May 29, 2017)
Developing a BRAND is the first step to marketing yourself, product or service. But it doesnt stop there. Whos going to know about your brand if it doesnt have a presence? Yes! Im talking about building brand awareness.
- Connexions Other Voices - Challenging Injustice (May 29, 2017)
In this issue, we look at the relentless persistence of people challenging injustice and entrenched power in places around the world, including Palestine, Korea, China, Canada, and the United States.
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for April 2017 (May 25, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending April 30, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.42 trillion. Year-to-date, industry AUM increased by $79.9 billion or 6
- 10 simple yet vital tips when planning to speak to the media (May 24, 2017)
Youve sent out newsworthy information, was contacted for an interview and now you are ready to speak to the media. Not quite! Speaking to the media involves planning and tact. How you represent yourself and your organization is important.
- Police assault dozens of journalists covering political demonstration in Kolkata (May 24, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists (India) is condemning two incidents of police brutality against media workers in Kolkata, India on Monday, May 22. The IFJ demands immediate actio
- Panamá: la FIP pide justicia en un caso de lesiones contra un sindicalista (May 24, 2017)
La Federación Internacional de Periodistas (FIP) pide que se haga justicia en un caso de lesiones contra el secretario general del Sindicato de Periodistas de Panamá, Filemón Medina, cuyo agresor condenado a cinco años de prisión ha recurrido la
- Malaysian government crack down continues: Malaysiakini CEO charged (May 24, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) strongly crticises the charges brought against the CEO and Editor-in-chief of Malaysiakini for posting footage of a press conference in July 2016. The IFJ calls for the charges to be immediately withd
- West Bank: Palestinian photojournalist wounded during clashes (May 24, 2017)
Majdi Shtayeh, a Palestinian photojournalist for Associated Press (AP) and a member of the IFJ affiliated Palestinian Journalists Syndicate (PJS) was today wounded from gun shots at a protest in the West Bank.
- Thai journalist faces defamation charges for reporting (May 24, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) expresses concerns for the criminal defamation proceedings against a Thai journalist by a mining company over his reporting. The IFJ calls for the charges to be immediately dropped.
- Media Release - IFICs President and CEO to Chair Third Annual Canadian Funds Summit (May 24, 2017)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announced today that its president and CEO, Paul C. Bourque, Q.C., will chair Strategy Institutes third annual Canadian Funds Summit in Toronto on May 25-26, 2017.
- Professional Speakers: Market Yourself LOUD and PROUD (May 16, 2017)
Professional speakers focus on presenting the essence of their message by molding a presentation that is unique and distinctive to their audience. The words you use can make a difference in the effectiveness of how you promote yourself.
- Ban the Bomb! Where is Canada? (May 10, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace asks where is Canada? Historic negotiations of a treaty banning nuclear weapons are on now at the United Nations! The vast majority of countries are gathering from 15 June to 7 July to finally prohibit these weapons
- Get MediaAttention by Starting a Public Relations Plan (May 10, 2017)
Every business, small or big should have a PR plan, for the simple fact that each business has a story to tell. A story that wants to be HEARD amongst the HERD. The first step is to know the ins and outs of your industry.
- Why "traditional media" is far from dead in today's digital world (May 1, 2017)
Each form of media, traditional or new, has pros and cons on how information is communicated and presented. With Public Relations, its important to strategically deliver the message in ways that generate maximum coverage and impact.
- Connexions Other Voices Affirming life, resisting war, reporting UFOs (May 1, 2017)
The April 30, 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, is now out. This issue is about affirming life, resisting war, and reporting UFOs.
- Media Release - IFIC Supports Continuing Education Requirements for Financial Advisors (April 28, 2017)
In a submission filed yesterday, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) expressed strong support for rules proposed by the Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA) governing continuing education (CE) requirements for financial advisors
- Media Release - IFIC Welcomes New Member and New Directors (April 27, 2017)
Toronto, ON April 27, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has announced that the board of directors approved the application of CF2G Investissement Inc. to become a member of IFIC at its April meeting. The board also approved
- Global Day of Action on Military Spending (GDAMS)- Halifax, N.S. (April 25, 2017)
The public is invited to join the Nova Scotia Voice of Women for Peace (NSVOW) at this international Global Day of Action on Military Spending (GDAMS).
- SOURCES.COM joins forces with MediaRelease.com for all the right reasons (April 22, 2017)
MediaRelease.com will be the start of each and every press and media release sent by Media Release Canada or Media Release International.
- Media Release - IFIC Updates Monthly Statistics for March 2017 (April 21, 2017)
Toronto, ON April 21, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) released updated sales data for the month ending March 31, 2017. The assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.39 trillion. Year-to-date
- Global Days of Action on Military Spending: April 18-28, 2017 (April 19, 2017)
This year, the GDAMS movement will take place from April 18th to April 28th. Canadian Voice of Women for Peace joins with The International Peace Bureau and its members with organized events all around the world (Australia, Colombia, Kenya, Nigeria
- Children & Nature Network International Conference brings 850+ international leaders working to connect children to nature to Vancouver, BC (April 18, 2017)
More than 850 leaders and activists from 22 countries are gathering today in Vancouver B.C. for the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference and Summit. This premier gathering of the children and nature movement, co-hosted by the Canad
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - Statement on Syria (April 12, 2017)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) calls for the immediate cessation of violence by all parties. We want no more strikes, an investigation by UN experts into the use of chemical weapons, and immediate commencement of peace negotiation by a
- CWF issues a Seven Day Challenge for National Wildlife Week April 9-15 (April 3, 2017)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) is urging Canadians to step it up for National Wildlife Week April 9-15 with a seven-day conservation challenge.
- IFIC Supports Ontario Plans to Strengthen Financial Planning and Advice (March 31, 2017)
Toronto, ON - March 31, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada has commended Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa for his commitment to move ahead with several recommendations aimed at strengthening financial planning and advice.
- Canadian Ethnocultural Council partnering with ParticipACTION (March 30, 2017)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council is partnering with ParticipACTION, Canada's premier physical activity brand. ParticipACTION helps Canadians sit less and move more through innovative engagement initiatives and thought leadership.
- Other Voices - The April 1 issue (March 30, 2017)
The April 1 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, is out. Other Voices always strives to present alternative views on important topics. This issue offers some really alternative perspectives and even some "alternative facts."
- Media Release - IFIC Updates Monthly Statistics for February 2017 (March 29, 2017)
Toronto, ON March 29, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) released updated sales data for the month ending February 28, 2017. The assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.38 trillion. Year-to-dat
- Urban Homesteaders Win Cancellation of Bogus Trademarks (March 27, 2017)
Urban homesteaders can speak freely about their global movement for sustainable living, after convincing the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to cancel bogus trademarks for the terms "urban homesteading" and "urban homestead."
- Digital Privacy at the U.S Border: A New How-To Guide from EFF (March 27, 2017)
A new guide released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) gives travelers the facts they need in order to prepare for border crossings while protecting their digital information.
- Online harassment and threats for Indian journalist exposing illegal sand mining (March 27, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) expresses serious concern over the online harassment and threats over the telephone to independent journalist Sandhya Ravishankar over her reporting of illegal beach sand mining in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Nepalese journalist attacked for timber smuggling report (March 27, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins the Nepal Press Union (NPU) and the Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) in condemning the attempted attack of a journalist by government employees in Bara district of Nepal on March 21.
- Campaign to Stop GE Trees Release Statement of Solidarity Following World Water Day (March 27, 2017)
The Campaign to Stop Genetically Engineered Trees released this statement in solidarity with communities affected by the industrial forestry model. These tree plantations, which do not support biodiversity, are not forests, but more like laboratorat
- Global Gathering Takes Aim at Genetically Engineered Trees (March 27, 2017)
Members of the Campaign to STOP Genetically Engineered Trees from around the world are gathered in Chile for 2 weeks to investigate impacts of industrial tree plantations & the potential future impacts of genetically engineered tree plantatations.
- Migrant workers left behind in 2017 Federal Budget (March 27, 2017)
Migrant workers and advocates are angered that the 2017 Federal Budget failed to deliver promised details on reforms to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for February 2017 (March 23, 2017)
Toronto, ON - March 23, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending February 28, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.36 trillion. Year-to-date, industry
- IFIC Welcomes Budget Measure to Allow Tax-Deferred Merger of a Mutual Fund Corporation into Trusts (March 23, 2017)
Toronto March 23, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) welcomes the governments decision, announced in yesterdays federal budget, to permit the tax-deferred merger of a mutual fund corporation into mutual fund trusts.
- CWF encouraged by federal budget support for oceans and freshwater (March 22, 2017)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) welcomes the federal governments investment in ocean protection, freshwater conservation and aquatic invasive species management in the new budget. However, CWF continues to urge governments to a
- Connexions Other Voices - March 18, 2017 - Public Transit (March 18, 2017)
Public transit - good affordable public transit - is key to a liveable city. Other Voices explores what that means and how to bring it about.
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - International Women's Day (March 8, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace wishes everyone a very Happy International Womens Day. This year the theme for International Womens Day is Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030. Women and other people in more
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for January 2017 (February 22, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 22, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending January 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.34 trillion. Year-to-date, industr
- VOW Appalled by Targeted Hate Mail and Threats (February 21, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) is appalled by the recent targeted hate mails and threats towards MP Iqra Khalid and other politicians. No one should be threatened or face any kind of discrimination based on faith. Khalid said she received mo
- IFIC Welcomes New Director and New Affiliate (February 16, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 16, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today announced that Duane Green, President & CEO at Franklin Templeton Investments Corp., has joined IFICs board and that WeirFoulds LLP has joined as an affili
- Grassy Narrows Chief welcomes Wynnes clean-up promise and calls for swift results (February 13, 2017)
Grassy Narrows Chief Simon Fobister is responding today to a new commitment made on Friday by premier Wynne to clean the English-Wabigoon River. The river has been highly contaminated since 1962 when a paper company in Dryden began dumping 9,000 kg
- Connexions Other Voices - February 12, 2017 - Race & Class (February 11, 2017)
The January 22, 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter focues on Race and Class.
- Media Release - IFIC Stresses Importance of Robust, Consistent Suitability Process (February 3, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 3, 2017 - In a submission filed today on IIROCs Proposed Guidance on Order Execution Only (OEO) Services and Activities, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) emphasizes the importance of ensuring that investor
- Annex Chess Club What's My Name Swiss (February 3, 2017)
Annex Chess Club in Toronto is kicking off a new chess tournament on Monday February 6, called the "Annex What's My Name Swiss."
- Canadian Ethnocultural Communities Extend Condolences (February 3, 2017)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council(CEC) and its member organizations extend their prayers, thoughts and condolences to the families and friends of the victims and injured in the Quebec City Mosque attack and deadly shooting.
- Les communautés ethnoculturelles du Canada offrent leurs condoléances (February 3, 2017)
Le Conseil ethnoculturel du Canada et ses organisations membres offrent leurs prières, leurs pensées et leurs condoléances aux familles et aux amis des victimes et aux personnes blessées dans lattaque meurtrière à la mosquée à Québec.
- Media Release - IFIC Launches New Advisor Centre (February 1, 2017)
Toronto, ON February 1, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today launched a new advisor portal on its website (https://www.ific.ca/en/pg/advisor-centre/) with insights on current topics and plain language tools to help advis
- VOW Statement on the Québec City Mosque Attack (February 1, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace, offers its deepest condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the senseless act of violence. Our hearts are with the Muslim community in Quebec and across Canada. We stand in unity with people of all ethni
- Connexions Other Voices - January 22, 2017 - Disobedience (January 22, 2017)
Other Voices: #Disobedience. Once people start to disobey in significant numbers, the dynamic of power changes fundamentally. Disobedience, especially on a large scale, shakes the power of the rulers, and increases the power of those who disobey.
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2016 (January 19, 2017)
Toronto, ON January 19, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2016, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.34 trillion. Year-to-date, industry
- Journalist hacked to death in Tamil Nadu, India (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists (India) in condemning the murder of a journalist on the outskirts of Sattur in Tamil Nadu state, south India on Monday, 9 January, 2017.
- Journalist murdered in Balochistan, Pakistan (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) in condemning the murder of a journalist in Kalat, Balochistan province in southwestern Pakistan
- Magazine editor among disappeared activists in Pakistan (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) in expressing serious concern over the disappearance of a magazine editor and other activists in Pakistan.
- Turkey: journalists detained following reports on Erdogan's leaked emails (January 13, 2017)
The International and European Federations of Journalists (IFJ-EFJ) are deeply concerned by the ongoing detention without any official explanation of journalists and media workers in Turkey.
- CSA/SRO Compensation Surveys Fail to Justify Ban on Embedded Fees (January 5, 2017)
Key to investor protection lies in quality of enforcement; not quantity of rules. In light of research issued by Canadas regulators in late December, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today called
- 93 media professionals killed in 2016 (January 1, 2017)
93 journalists and media professionals were killed in 2016 according to new statistics published by the world's largest journalists' organisation.
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.