Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- Tom Tomorrow Collection Donated to The OSU Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum (January 23, 2015)
Dan Perkins donates "Tom Tomorrow Collection" to The Ohio State University Libraries
Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2014 (January 21, 2015)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2014, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.14 trillion. Year-to-date, industry AUM increased by $142 billion
- Justice Department finally stops harassing New York Times reporter (January 21, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders is relieved to learn that New York Times reporter James Risen will not be called to testify in the trial of Jeffrey Sterling, a former CIA officer charged with leaking classified information for book about the CIA published
- Accredition of journalists violates press freedom, says Philippine union (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) in strongly criticizing the provision in House Bill 362, which seeks to amend Republic Act (R.A.) 53 Sotto Law to narrow the par
- Concern about bloggers condition after second flogging postponed (January 21, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders is relieved that the Saudi authorities have postponed blogger Raif Badawis second session of 50 lashes on medical grounds but is very concerned about his health and urges the authorities to abandon this barbaric punishmen
- Censorship not a solution to terrorism, IFJ & Pakistan media reject guidelines (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) expresses its strong concern over new press guidelines for Pakistans television and print media.
- Dangerous comments by pope on freedom of expression (January 21, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders is shocked by the extremely disturbing comments about freedom expression that Pope Francis made to journalists last week, in which he put respect for religion and faith above free speech and even defended the possible use of
- Authorities ramp up pressure on media over banking disclosures (January 21, 2015)
Bulgarian Financial Supervision Commission has imposed fines of up to 80,000 euros each on several newspapers for disclosing information about the banking sector. Reporters Without Borders deplores this political attempt to silence news organizations
- RSF and JDS urge new president to end violence against journalists (January 21, 2015)
In the wake of Sri Lankas 8 January presidential election, Reporters Without Borders and Journalists for Democracy in Sri Lanka (JDS) call on the new president, Maithripala Sirisena, to end the policy of violence against journalists
- Niger police attack media instead of protecting them (January 21, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders deplores the fact that privately-owned media were attacked by police during demonstrations in Niamey on 17 and 18 January although President Mahamadou Issoufou has assured the international community he is committed to media
- IFJ and EFJ Call on Macedonian Authorities to Grant the Permanent Release of Journalist Kezarovski (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its regional group, the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), together with their members in Macedonia the Association of Journalists of Macedonia (ZNM) and the Trade Union of Macedonian Journ
- Journalists and media attacked during general strike in Nepal (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliates, the Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) and the Nepal Press Union (NPU), in condemning several incidents of attacks on journalists and media workers during the general strike
- Bangladesh extends block to online voice and messaging services (January 21, 2015)
The Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) has ordered Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and mobile phone operators to block access to online voice and messaging services including, WhatsApp, mypeople and Line, while Viber and Tang
- Chinese media worker detained for three months without charge (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) strongly criticizes the illegal detention of a Chinese media worker for three months without reason and threats to a German journalist that her visa would be revoked for not assisting police
- Journalist paralyzed in attack dies a decade on, waiting for justice (January 21, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) in expressing our deepest sympathies over the tragic death of a senior journalist, paralysed in 2005 following a failed assassination
- Cory Doctorow Rejoins EFF to Eradicate DRM Everywhere (January 21, 2015)
Leading digital rights champion and author Cory Doctorow has rejoined the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) to battle the pervasive use of dangerous digital rights management (DRM) technologies that threaten users' security and privacy
- Day Care Owner/Operators Welcome New Wage Enhancement for Staff (January 19, 2015)
ADCO members were pleased by the announcement of wage enhancement funding for RECEs working in all licensed child care settings, hope it signals Provincial recognition of the importance of licensed programs that are run as small businesses.
- Appel aux candidatures pour la Bourse d'études commémorative Sarah Beth Therien (January 19, 2015)
Posez votre candidature à la bourse d'études commémorative Sarah Beth Therien, octroi unique de 2 000 $ qui permet de reconnaître les chefs de file en matière de sécurité parmi les jeunes du Canada.
- Competition period opens for this year's Sarah Beth Therien Memorial Scholarship (January 19, 2015)
Competition opens for the annual Sarah Beth Therien Memorial Scholarship for Canadian youth who serve the cause of safety.
- Roma refugee family facing deportation to neo-Nazi violence in Hungary in two weeks; deportation will separate family (January 14, 2015)
Roma refugee family settled in Montreal for over three years could be deported before the end of January, forcing them to return with their ten year old daughter to a country where they faced racist violence.
- Une famille réfugiée rom est menacée de déportation vers des violences néo-nazies en Hongrie dans deux semaines; la déportation séparera la fam (January 14, 2015)
Une famille réfugiée rom habitant à Montréal depuis trois ans pourrait être déportée avant la fin janvier, ce qui forcerait les membres de la famille à retourner vers un pays où ils ont fait face à des violences racistes avec leur fille
- Charlie-berté : libérons lÊ¼information ! (January 14, 2015)
Les syndicats de journalistes (SNJ / SNJ-CGT / CFDT-Journalistes), avec leurs Fédérations FIJ (internationale) et FEJ (européenne), saluent les quelque quatre millions de citoyens qui ont participé aux marches et rassemblements dimanche à Paris
- Death threats for pro-democracy newspaper Apple Daily in Hong Kong (January 14, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliate the Hong Kong Journalist Association (HKJA) condemn death threats against a pro-democracy newspaper in Hong Kong.
- The IFJ supports its affiliate in Tunisia in its search for the two Tunisian journalists missing in Libya (January 14, 2015)
The IIFJ has declared its full support to the National Trade Union of Tunisian Journalists (SNJT) in its efforts to investigate the claim made by the Islamic State (IS) in its efforts to investigate the claim made by the Islamic State (IS) in Libya
- Filipino journalist gunned down on way to work (January 14, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate, the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) in condemning the murder of a Filipino journalist on the central island of Luzon.
- Hamburg newspaper firebombed after reprinting Mohammed cartoons (January 14, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders is appalled by last nights arson attack on the Hamburger Morgenpost newspaper after it published several Mohammed cartoons as a tribute to the Charlie Hebdo journalists who were murdered last week.
- Tribute to leading news site that was forced to close (January 14, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders pays tribute to Uznews, ten years after its creation. This leading independent news website closed down last month.
- Journalists prosecuted for covering murder case involving presidents relatives (January 14, 2015)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the criminal defamation proceedings against two independent Korean journalists, Kim Ou-joon and Choo Chin-woo, that have been under way for more than a year.
- RWB appeals to media outlets to publish Charlie Hebdo cartoons (January 7, 2015)
In response to todays shocking attack on the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo that cost 12 lives, Reporters Without Borders issues an international appeal to media editors to begin publishing Charlie Hebdos cartoons tomorrow.
- IFJ Condemns Killings of Media Staff in Shocking Attack on French Magazine Charlie Hebdo Office in Paris (January 7, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today joined its French affiliates SNJ, SNJ-CGT and CFDT in condemning the shooting that has taken place today at the offices of the French satiric magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
- IFJ Condemns First Media Killing of 2015 in Yemen (January 6, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliate the Yemeni Journalists' Syndicate (YJS) have today condemned the killing of Al-Masirah TV channel correspondent Khalid Mohammed al Washali
- Another brutal year for journalists in Pakistan (January 6, 2015)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) express deep concerns over the miserable condition of journalists in the country as the IFJs annual List of Journalists and Media Staff Killed
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.