Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- Media Release - IFIC Updates Monthly Statistics for March 2017 (April 21, 2017)
Toronto, ON April 21, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) released updated sales data for the month ending March 31, 2017. The assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.39 trillion. Year-to-date
- Global Days of Action on Military Spending: April 18-28, 2017 (April 19, 2017)
This year, the GDAMS movement will take place from April 18th to April 28th. Canadian Voice of Women for Peace joins with The International Peace Bureau and its members with organized events all around the world (Australia, Colombia, Kenya, Nigeria
- Children & Nature Network International Conference brings 850+ international leaders working to connect children to nature to Vancouver, BC (April 18, 2017)
More than 850 leaders and activists from 22 countries are gathering today in Vancouver B.C. for the 2017 Children & Nature Network International Conference and Summit. This premier gathering of the children and nature movement, co-hosted by the Canad
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - Statement on Syria (April 12, 2017)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) calls for the immediate cessation of violence by all parties. We want no more strikes, an investigation by UN experts into the use of chemical weapons, and immediate commencement of peace negotiation by a
- CWF issues a Seven Day Challenge for National Wildlife Week April 9-15 (April 3, 2017)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) is urging Canadians to step it up for National Wildlife Week April 9-15 with a seven-day conservation challenge.
- IFIC Supports Ontario Plans to Strengthen Financial Planning and Advice (March 31, 2017)
Toronto, ON - March 31, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada has commended Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa for his commitment to move ahead with several recommendations aimed at strengthening financial planning and advice.
- Canadian Ethnocultural Council partnering with ParticipACTION (March 30, 2017)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council is partnering with ParticipACTION, Canada's premier physical activity brand. ParticipACTION helps Canadians sit less and move more through innovative engagement initiatives and thought leadership.
- Other Voices - The April 1 issue (March 30, 2017)
The April 1 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, is out. Other Voices always strives to present alternative views on important topics. This issue offers some really alternative perspectives and even some "alternative facts."
- Media Release - IFIC Updates Monthly Statistics for February 2017 (March 29, 2017)
Toronto, ON March 29, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) released updated sales data for the month ending February 28, 2017. The assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.38 trillion. Year-to-dat
- Urban Homesteaders Win Cancellation of Bogus Trademarks (March 27, 2017)
Urban homesteaders can speak freely about their global movement for sustainable living, after convincing the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to cancel bogus trademarks for the terms "urban homesteading" and "urban homestead."
- Digital Privacy at the U.S Border: A New How-To Guide from EFF (March 27, 2017)
A new guide released by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) gives travelers the facts they need in order to prepare for border crossings while protecting their digital information.
- Online harassment and threats for Indian journalist exposing illegal sand mining (March 27, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) expresses serious concern over the online harassment and threats over the telephone to independent journalist Sandhya Ravishankar over her reporting of illegal beach sand mining in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Nepalese journalist attacked for timber smuggling report (March 27, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins the Nepal Press Union (NPU) and the Federation of Nepali Journalists (FNJ) in condemning the attempted attack of a journalist by government employees in Bara district of Nepal on March 21.
- Campaign to Stop GE Trees Release Statement of Solidarity Following World Water Day (March 27, 2017)
The Campaign to Stop Genetically Engineered Trees released this statement in solidarity with communities affected by the industrial forestry model. These tree plantations, which do not support biodiversity, are not forests, but more like laboratorat
- Global Gathering Takes Aim at Genetically Engineered Trees (March 27, 2017)
Members of the Campaign to STOP Genetically Engineered Trees from around the world are gathered in Chile for 2 weeks to investigate impacts of industrial tree plantations & the potential future impacts of genetically engineered tree plantatations.
- Migrant workers left behind in 2017 Federal Budget (March 27, 2017)
Migrant workers and advocates are angered that the 2017 Federal Budget failed to deliver promised details on reforms to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
- IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for February 2017 (March 23, 2017)
Toronto, ON - March 23, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending February 28, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.36 trillion. Year-to-date, industry
- IFIC Welcomes Budget Measure to Allow Tax-Deferred Merger of a Mutual Fund Corporation into Trusts (March 23, 2017)
Toronto March 23, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) welcomes the governments decision, announced in yesterdays federal budget, to permit the tax-deferred merger of a mutual fund corporation into mutual fund trusts.
- CWF encouraged by federal budget support for oceans and freshwater (March 22, 2017)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation (CWF) welcomes the federal governments investment in ocean protection, freshwater conservation and aquatic invasive species management in the new budget. However, CWF continues to urge governments to a
- Connexions Other Voices - March 18, 2017 - Public Transit (March 18, 2017)
Public transit - good affordable public transit - is key to a liveable city. Other Voices explores what that means and how to bring it about.
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - International Women's Day (March 8, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace wishes everyone a very Happy International Womens Day. This year the theme for International Womens Day is Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030. Women and other people in more
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for January 2017 (February 22, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 22, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending January 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.34 trillion. Year-to-date, industr
- VOW Appalled by Targeted Hate Mail and Threats (February 21, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) is appalled by the recent targeted hate mails and threats towards MP Iqra Khalid and other politicians. No one should be threatened or face any kind of discrimination based on faith. Khalid said she received mo
- IFIC Welcomes New Director and New Affiliate (February 16, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 16, 2017 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today announced that Duane Green, President & CEO at Franklin Templeton Investments Corp., has joined IFICs board and that WeirFoulds LLP has joined as an affili
- Grassy Narrows Chief welcomes Wynnes clean-up promise and calls for swift results (February 13, 2017)
Grassy Narrows Chief Simon Fobister is responding today to a new commitment made on Friday by premier Wynne to clean the English-Wabigoon River. The river has been highly contaminated since 1962 when a paper company in Dryden began dumping 9,000 kg
- Connexions Other Voices - February 12, 2017 - Race & Class (February 11, 2017)
The January 22, 2017 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter focues on Race and Class.
- Media Release - IFIC Stresses Importance of Robust, Consistent Suitability Process (February 3, 2017)
Toronto, ON - February 3, 2017 - In a submission filed today on IIROCs Proposed Guidance on Order Execution Only (OEO) Services and Activities, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) emphasizes the importance of ensuring that investor
- Annex Chess Club What's My Name Swiss (February 3, 2017)
Annex Chess Club in Toronto is kicking off a new chess tournament on Monday February 6, called the "Annex What's My Name Swiss."
- Canadian Ethnocultural Communities Extend Condolences (February 3, 2017)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council(CEC) and its member organizations extend their prayers, thoughts and condolences to the families and friends of the victims and injured in the Quebec City Mosque attack and deadly shooting.
- Les communautés ethnoculturelles du Canada offrent leurs condoléances (February 3, 2017)
Le Conseil ethnoculturel du Canada et ses organisations membres offrent leurs prières, leurs pensées et leurs condoléances aux familles et aux amis des victimes et aux personnes blessées dans lattaque meurtrière à la mosquée à Québec.
- Media Release - IFIC Launches New Advisor Centre (February 1, 2017)
Toronto, ON February 1, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today launched a new advisor portal on its website (https://www.ific.ca/en/pg/advisor-centre/) with insights on current topics and plain language tools to help advis
- VOW Statement on the Québec City Mosque Attack (February 1, 2017)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace, offers its deepest condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the senseless act of violence. Our hearts are with the Muslim community in Quebec and across Canada. We stand in unity with people of all ethni
- Connexions Other Voices - January 22, 2017 - Disobedience (January 22, 2017)
Other Voices: #Disobedience. Once people start to disobey in significant numbers, the dynamic of power changes fundamentally. Disobedience, especially on a large scale, shakes the power of the rulers, and increases the power of those who disobey.
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2016 (January 19, 2017)
Toronto, ON January 19, 2017 The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2016, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry reached $1.34 trillion. Year-to-date, industry
- Journalist hacked to death in Tamil Nadu, India (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists (India) in condemning the murder of a journalist on the outskirts of Sattur in Tamil Nadu state, south India on Monday, 9 January, 2017.
- Journalist murdered in Balochistan, Pakistan (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) in condemning the murder of a journalist in Kalat, Balochistan province in southwestern Pakistan
- Magazine editor among disappeared activists in Pakistan (January 13, 2017)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) in expressing serious concern over the disappearance of a magazine editor and other activists in Pakistan.
- Turkey: journalists detained following reports on Erdogan's leaked emails (January 13, 2017)
The International and European Federations of Journalists (IFJ-EFJ) are deeply concerned by the ongoing detention without any official explanation of journalists and media workers in Turkey.
- CSA/SRO Compensation Surveys Fail to Justify Ban on Embedded Fees (January 5, 2017)
Key to investor protection lies in quality of enforcement; not quantity of rules. In light of research issued by Canadas regulators in late December, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today called
- 93 media professionals killed in 2016 (January 1, 2017)
93 journalists and media professionals were killed in 2016 according to new statistics published by the world's largest journalists' organisation.
Publicize your views and accomplishments:
Background information and history at your fingertips:
Check out newsworthy events from across Canada:
Sources Products and Services:
is a service for journalists, writers, news editors,
researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
Who: Sources - Experts
- Media Contacts - Spokespersons - Scientists - Lobbyists
- Officials - News Sources - Speakers - Representatives -
University Professors - Researchers - Authorities - Newsmakers
- CEOs - Executive Directors - Media Relations Contacts -
Spokespeople - Guests - Talking Heads - PR representatives
- Media Sources.
Where: Universities -
Associations - Business - Government - Research Institutions
- Lobby Groups - Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) - Colleges
- Campuses - Canada - Canadian - International.
What: Searchable Directory
of Experts & Topics - Browseable Listings & Subject Index - Intelligent Search Technology - Event Calendar - News Releases - Story Ideas - Statements - Studies - Research -
News - Journalism Resources - Articles - Announcements - Press
Conferences - Links - Search Tools - Government & Media
Find: Experts - Ideas
- Content - Events - Sources - News - Stories - Press Releases
- Databases - Reference Materials - Studies - Guides - Indexes - Journalism Awards.
Journalists - Reporters - Researchers - Writers - Editors
- Authors - Producers - Fact Checkers - Interviewers - Hosts
- Talk Shows - Interviews - Public Relations Professionals
- Academics - Anyone who who needs knowledgeable sources.
Francais: Actualite -
Actualites - Agences de contenu - Agents intelligents - Annuaire
de médias - Autour d'Internet - Base de données
de médias - Bibliotheques - Canadien - Clavardage - Communiqués de presse - Courrier - Cyberjournalisme - Cyberjournaliste - Dictionnaires - Donnees - échafaudage
d'événement - Ecriture multimedia - Encyclopedies
- Evaluation des sources - Gestion du site - Groupes de communication
- Groupes de presse - Informations commerciales - Journalisme
- Journaliste - Journalistes - Journaux - Librairies - Listes
- Marchés des actions - Médias surveillant -
Moteurs specialises - Multimédia - Nouvelles - Nouvelles
libère - Nouvelles surveillant - Outils de médias
- Presse alternative - Promotion du site - Recherche - References
- Relations d'investisseur - Relations publiques - Reportage
financier - Ressources - Révélation - Services
d'émission - Sources d'information - Sources institutionnelles
Abonnements - Adresssuche - Agenturen - Agenturmeldungen -
Archiv - Archive - Diskussionsforen - Experten - Expertenmakler
- Fachmagazine - Fachzeitschriften - Infos - Internationale
Presse - Journalismus - Journalisten - Journalistenschulen
- Kanada - Kataloge - Kommentierte Links - Lexika - Lexikon
- Medien - Medienprofis - Meldungen - Nachrichten - Nachrichtenagenturen
- Nachschlagewerke - Onlineversionen - Portal - Presse - Pressearchive
- Pressekonditionen - Pressesprecher - Quelle - Recherche
- Recherchen - Recherchieren im Internet - Regionale Presse
- Regionale Wochenzeitungen - Regionalzeitungen - Schlagzeilen
- Statistiken - Suchmaschinen - Suchtipps - Tageszeitungen
- Telefonauskunft - Telefonbuch - Telefonbucher - Telefontarife
- Themenplanung - Weltatlas - Wochenzeitungen - Zeitschriften
- Zeitung - Zeitungen - Zeitungsarchiv.