Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- The 10 Biggest Social Media Mistakes to Avoid in 2012 (December 21, 2011)
With 2011 coming to a close, we can start again in the new year with a clean slate - a brand new year with no mistakes. To help us avoid repeating the Social Media mishaps from 2011 are the top ten Social Media mistakes.
- Celebrate World Hypnotism Day with internationally acclaimed hypnotist in Toronto at Open House Gala and Workshop on January 4, 2012 (December 20, 2011)
Debbie Papadakis, BCH, CI, renowned hypnosis expert, teacher and founder of Toronto?s Hypno Healing Institute www.hypno-healing.com invites you to celebrate World Hypnotism Day , January 4, 2012 by joining her at two special events. Global events
- Radiation Safety In the Workplace Podcast, Part II (December 15, 2011)
The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), in collaboration with the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada, has just released Part II of a special two-part mini-series Podcast on radiation in the workplace. In this episode
- How to Engage Followers in Social Media without Selling (December 14, 2011)
What's wrong with selling through social media? Absolutely nothing, but most followers do not want to be continuously sold to. How do you offer more engagement without the sales pitch? There are many ways to engage and many layers of engagement.
- Dr. Lynette Gillis honoured as a Fellow for lifetime achievement in workplace training and development (December 9, 2011)
The Canadian Society for Training and Development recognies Dr. Lynette Gillis as a Fellow of the society for a lifetime of achievement in workplace training and development.
- A new online course, "Understanding Radiation", is available for viewing on The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada's website. (December 9, 2011)
A new online course, "Understanding Radiation", is available for viewing on The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada's website. This was developed in cooperation with the Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).
- Who wouldn't "like" to get something in return? (December 8, 2011)
Everyone has heard of 'give to get' and most people use this phrase in their networking. Forwarding leads and prospects is just one way of doing this. This theory works in the world of social media as well.
- Honda Ontario Power Dealers Ride Into Toronto Motorcycle Show With More Daily Prizes and Deals (December 7, 2011)
Honda Ontario Power Dealers kick off a great deal at the Toronto Motorcycle Show on the new Honda 2011 CRB250R and 2011 CBR250RA motorcycles. Meanwhile, a contest drawing 181 valuable prizes, including the grand prize 2011 Honda TRX680F Rincon ATV
- Joining a gym won't get you fit. Unless... (December 5, 2011)
In January many decide to join a gym. But research shows that more than half the people will not make it to swimsuit season. Why? Because their goal was to join a gym, and once they signed up- they met their goal!
- Concussion Law supported by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (November 29, 2011)
Concussion Law supported by the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- Human Traffickers and Exploitive Extraterritorial Practices - Focus of Bill C-310 (November 26, 2011)
BPW Canada supports the Private Members Bill C-310 and commends Mrs. Smith on her hard work and tenacity in pursuing this Bill before the House. We urge all citizens to call upon their Parliamentarians to support the Bill.
- Prohibition of Polygamy Up-held (November 26, 2011)
The Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women is pleased to learn that the constitutionality of Canadas criminal prohibition of polygamy has been upheld by the Supreme Court in Vancouver. In a decision by Chief Justice Robert Bauman the
- Who has your back on the road this winter? (November 25, 2011)
December 1st to 7th is the 56th National Safe Driving Week and the Canada Safety Council encourages all Canadian drivers to take added precautions on the road throughout the winter months. Being prepared is the best way to ensure for safe winter driv
- Give the Gift of Learning this Holiday Season with Teach My! (November 23, 2011)
Little ones can unwrap a world of knowledge with award winning Teach My learning kits.
- Appel de candidatures pour le Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle secteur public 2012 (November 23, 2011)
À compter daujourdhui, nous acceptons sur le site www.prixfonctioncontrole.com les mises en candidature pour le Prix dexcellence de la fonction de contrôle secteur public 2012. Le programme de récompenses
- Nominations for the 2012 Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector now open (November 23, 2011)
Nominations are now being accepted at www.comptrollershipaward.com for the 2012 Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector. In its fourth year, the award program recognizes the success of federal public servants
- Top 10 Tips on How to Get Found in a 'Social' World (November 23, 2011)
They say that seven points of contact are needed to make a sale. These touch points can be anything: a commercial, email, telephone call, brochure and so on. But how do you build these points of contact? In a world where customers do not want to be
- Have a Safe, Fire-Free Holiday Season (November 21, 2011)
November 24th 30th is National Home Fire Safety Week, and Canada Safety Council encourages all Canadians and their families to make fire safety a key component in any holiday plans. Whether it is ensuring the Christmas tree is properly watered
- Independent Jewish Voices Toronto protests Jewish National Funds role in Bedouin home demolitions (November 18, 2011)
The Toronto chapter of Independent Jewish Voices is calling for an end to the Jewish National Funds role in evicting Bedouin citizens of Israel from their homes in order to expand Jewish settlement.
- IFIC Releases 2011 Report on the Value of Advice (November 16, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today released its second report on the value of advice The 2011 Value of Advice: Report (the 2011 Report) that provides additional quantitative evidence on the durable values that advice,
- The Social Media Engagement Index (November 16, 2011)
Every organization and individual can find themselves somewhere on the three-tier Social Media Engagement Index. Identifying where you are may point out the good and bad habits, and may more easily define your presence. Where are you?
- Radiation in The Workplace Podcast (November 15, 2011)
Radiation in The Workplace Podcast - a joint venture of The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) and the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada
- Palestinian Freedom Riders to Board Settler Buses to Jerusalem (November 15, 2011)
Palestinian activists will attempt to peacefully board segregated Israeli public transportation in the occupied West Bank to travel to East Jerusalem in action reminiscent of the Civil Rights Movement's Freedom Rides to the U.S. South.
- canfitpro kicks off 2012 in Montreal with Personal Training, Group Fitness and Aquafitness Conference and Trade Show (November 14, 2011)
canfitpro returns to Montreal with over 100 sessions of the newest and most updated fitness education. Fitness professionals have the opportunity to network and learn with hundreds of other like minded individuals who teach and promote fitness.
- Teach My, Award Winning Learning Announces New Products! (November 9, 2011)
Sections and Add-Ons by Teach My let customers create their learning experience!
- Article on Monitoring Personal Occupational Exposures to Radon Progeny and Long-Lived Radioactive Dust (November 9, 2011)
Article on Monitoring Personal Occupational Exposures to Radon Progeny and Long-Lived Radioactive Dust
- Social Media Tactical Tips: Managing Customer Relationships and Experiences (November 9, 2011)
How does social media help improve sales? It depends how you use it. Randall Craig offer 4 simple tips to improve an organization's customer relationships and experiences using social media.
- Radiation Safety Institute of Canada Announces 2012 Course Dates (November 8, 2011)
The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada has announced its training schedule for 2012.
- Green Globe and Green Key Global Launch Joint Marketing of Apple App (November 7, 2011)
Green Globe Certification and Green Key Global jointly announce the inclusion of Green Key certified hotels & resorts in the Green Globe App for Apple mobile devices
- Local Author Selected to Contribute to Bestselling Series (November 4, 2011)
Debbie Papadakis, Board Certified Hypnotist & Trainer, Founder of the Toronto based Hypno Healing Institute is featured in the bestselling Adventures In Manifesting series by lska Publishing.
- Sources welcomes The Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women (November 4, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: The Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women. BPW Canada is a non-sectarian, non-profit and non-partisan women's organization.
- Sources welcomes Yonge Street Mission (November 4, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Yonge Street Mission. Toronto's Yonge Street Mission has worked with people living with poverty for more than 115 years.
- Sources welcomes World Vision Canada (November 4, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new memer: World Vision Canada. World Vision is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
- Independent Review Of The Exposure Of Workers To Alpha Radiation At Bruce A Restart, Reactor Unit 1 Bruce Power, ON (November 2, 2011)
The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada has released its final, independent review of the exposure of workers to alpha radiation at Bruce A Restart Reactor Unit 1 at Bruce Power in Ontario, Canada.
- Social Media Best Bets: Stacking the deck against organizational risk (November 2, 2011)
With such a broad range of threats to protect against, how might one embed a social media security mindset within an organization?
- The Canadian Ethnocultural Council receives government funding for a project on diabetes in high-risk ethnic communities. (November 1, 2011)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council, (CEC), is pleased to announce it that it has received funds for a two-year project on "Early Detection of Diabetes in High-Risk Immigrant Ethnic Communities".
- Workplace Radiation Safety Presentation (November 1, 2011)
The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada, will be making a presentation today, November 1st, via videoconference on "Workplace Radiation Safety" for the District 3 Occupational Health and Safety group meeting in Vancouver.
- IFIC Appears Before House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance: Pre-budget Consultations (October 31, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) appeared today before the House of Commons Standing Committee (the Committee) with respect to the Pre-budget Consultations. Appearing on behalf of IFIC were Debbie Pearl-Weinberg, General Tax
- Richard Martin says businesses need Corporate Robustness (October 31, 2011)
Ive been saying this for years now, but it bears repeating: No one can predict what will happen next. However, the solution isnt to try to create more certainty, because that doesnt exist. The only solution is to build what Im now calling Corpor
- BPW Canada Presents Commendation on Human Trafficking (October 27, 2011)
Member of Parliament Joy Smith receives Commendation from the Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women for her tireless work to combat Human Trafficking.
- BPW Canada Urges the Government of Canada to Maintain the Long-gun Registry (October 27, 2011)
Professional Women, speak out in support of the long-gun registry. Over the past decade, 71% of spousal homicides involved rifles and shotguns.
- Independent Review of Exposure of Workers to Alpha Radiation at Bruce Power Reactor Released (October 26, 2011)
The independent review by the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada of exposure of workers to alpha radiation at Bruce A Restart, Reactor Unit 1 has been completed and released. http://www.brucepower.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/RSIC-Final-Report
- Discover the Opportunities in Franchising at The Franchise Show in Vancouver, November 5 & 6, 2011 (October 26, 2011)
Produced by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca), The Franchise Show in Vancouver is Western Canada's largest all-franchise show designed to help attendees learn more about franchise opportunities and the franchise industry.
- Top 3 Tips to Build a Social Media Reputation (October 26, 2011)
Responsiveness and reliability are the two most important determinants of service quality. While most of us understand this implicitly in the real world, our behavior in the world of social media is often completely different.
- Workshop: Getting Our Message Out (October 29) (October 25, 2011)
Workshop: Getting Our Message Out: How can progressives become more effective in presenting and communicating our messages?
- See the Ability: National Down Syndrome Awareness Week is November 1-7, 2011 (October 25, 2011)
The Canadian Down Syndrome Society (CDSS) is proud to announce National Down Syndrome Awareness Week (NDSAW), November 1-7, 2011. National Down Syndrome Awareness Week celebrates the lives of Canadians with Down syndrome.
- "Business Leaders Shaping the Future of Health and Safety in BC" Conference (October 24, 2011)
CEOs and senior executives will discuss and agree upon BCs first Health and Safety Charter pledging their commitment to improving health and safety in their own companies and lead by example.
- "Radon Daughter Exposure in Mines- The Risks and the Regulatory Requirements" (October 21, 2011)
Presentation to Mining Legislation Review Committee, Sudbury
- Israeli settler destruction of 1000s of trees hits Palestinian olive harvest (October 20, 2011)
Israeli settlers destruction of Palestinian olive trees will reduce this years harvest by an estimated USD $500,000 as 7,500 olive trees were destroyed in acts of settler violence, Palestinian and international aid & development organizations say.
- Media control and intimidation a reality for 5.5 billion, says WAN-IFRA (October 20, 2011)
This year, 44 journalists have already been murdered, says the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA), which launched a review of press freedom around the world during World Newspaper Week
- Journalist fights the Obama administration over its sources (October 20, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders is asking the Department of Justice to withdraw the appeal it issued yesterday against New York Times reporter James Risen to force him to testify about his confidential sources.
- iPhone App Revs New Honda Contest Higher With Grand Prize ATV, Gas Cards, Plus 120 Other Prizes (October 19, 2011)
In their fall promo, Ontario Honda ATV dealers use a new mobile app to promote the grand prize 2011 Honda TRX680F Rincon ATV. Plus the dealers welcome new prize partners, Pioneer Energy and Ontario OUT OF DOORS Magazine.
- The Franchise Show Returns to Toronto on October 22 & 23, 2011 (October 19, 2011)
The Franchise Show, produced by the Canadian Franchise Association, is Canada's largest all-franchise show and runs October 22 & 23, 2011 at the Toronto Congress Centre.
- Social Media: The Question of Regulation and Moral Panic (October 19, 2011)
In the wake of demonstrations and riots organized through social media channels, the notion of regulating these channels has become increasingly more persuasive in the hopes of either preventing riots altogether or sourcing some responsibility.
- La Societe des comptables en management du Canada (CMA Canada) presente son Conseil d'administration 2011 2012 (October 19, 2011)
MISSISSAUGA (ONTARIO), le 18 octobre 2011. La Société des comptables en management du Canada (CMA Canada) est heureuse de présenter les membres de son Conseil dadministration 2011 2012 et souhaite la plus cordiale bienvenue à Mme Cassandra Dorring
- Certified Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) announces the 2011-12 Board of Directors (October 19, 2011)
MISSISSAUAGA, ON (October 18, 2011) -- CMA Canada is pleased to announce the members of the 2011-12 board and extends a warm welcome to Cassandra Dorrington in her role as chair, and Lorri Lowe in her role as vice chair. The new board was approved at
- Last X-Ray Safety Office (XSO) Course for 2011 (October 14, 2011)
The last X-ray Safety Officer Course for 2011 takes place November 15-17 in Toronto. Details at www.radiationsafety.ca.
- Reporters arrested, roughed up while covering Occupy Wall Street protests (October 14, 2011)
The often violent response to the Occupy Wall Street campaign that is growing in the United States and elsewhere is affecting the freedom to inform. Reporters Without Borders condemns the arrests of reporters in recent weeks, especially in New York.
- Reporters Without Borders opens bureau in Tunis (October 14, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders opened a bureau in Tunis on 12th October. Its staff will have the job of raising media freedom violations with the Tunisian authorities and helping to build and develop stable, professional and independent media in Tunisia.
- Another day of violence against journalists covering protests (October 14, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders is outraged by the fact that, although clearly identified, many journalists were attacked by police officers while covering yesterdays anti-austerity protests and strikes in Athens.
- IFJ Marks Fifth Anniversary of Politkovskayas Murder with new Russian Database on Attacks on Journalists (October 14, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists and its affiliate, the Russian Union of Journalists marked the fifth anniversary of the murder of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya with the launch of its Russia Conflicts in the Media database.
- IFJ Blames Hamas for Political Interference after Take-Over of PJS Office in Gaza (October 14, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today accused the Hamas administration in Gaza of attempting to destabilize the leadership of the Palestinian Journalists' Syndicate (PJS).
- France: EFJ Concerned by Threats against Journalists after TV Report on Palestine (October 14, 2011)
The European Federation of Journalists expresses its support to journalists and unions at France 2 following threats made against the public channel's presenters over a television programme on the potential creation of a Palestinian state.
- Top Twitter Tactics to Leverage your Job Search (October 12, 2011)
Searching for your next role? More and more social media is being used to post job vacancies, source candidates, and screen prospective recruits. These strategies are all well and good on the side of the corporation, but what about on the side
- Vancouver Image-Maker at the Helm of International Association (October 11, 2011)
Kimberly Law, AICI CIP, Vancouver Image and Etiquette Advisor takes the helm as President of The Association of Image Consultants International (AICI), the largest industry Association for Image & Etiquette Consultants in the world.
- Personal Impact International and Civility Experts Worldwide Join Forces through Strategic Alliance (October 11, 2011)
Kimberly Law, AICI CIP founder of Personal Impact International, announces a partnership with Civility Experts Worldwide, a leader in civility training. Kimberly is the President of the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI), and is
- Awards 2011 - National ethnic press and media council of Canada (October 11, 2011)
The National ethnic press and media council of Canada announces its 2011 awards. The Award winners will be recognized on Friday, October 28, at 6 pm, in the Lieutenant Governors Suite, at the main legislative building at Queens Park.
- Unload and Lock your Firearms Store Them Safely! (October 7, 2011)
In many parts of Canada, especially rural areas, firearm ownership is relatively high. Firearms can be used for hunting, sport or for protection from wildlife. No matter what a firearm is used for, taking all safety precautions can prevent fatalities
- Radiation Protection for Surgical Assistants (October 7, 2011)
Radiation Protection for Surgical Assistants - Presentation
- Radiation Safety in the Workplace Webinar (October 7, 2011)
Radiation Safety in the Workplace Webinar - October 18, 2011
- Juggling Social Media: Which ball can you drop? (October 5, 2011)
At what point did social media take over? Likely, when companies embarked on social media the extent of the commitment was yet unknown. It seems that each year or lately each month, more and more social media activity is layered on, all for a dubious
- IFJ Joins Condemnation of Mindless Violence against Journalists in Cameroon (October 5, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its African group, the Federation of African Journalists (FAJ), in condemning the brutal attack and subsequent arrests journalists who were covering a demonstration in Cameroon.
- Declaration of the Occupation of New York City (October 5, 2011)
This document was accepted by the NYC General Assembly on September 29, 201.
- canfitpro hits Vancouver with two days of high quality fitness education (October 4, 2011)
Fitness professionals have access to the best international presenter line-up that includes featured session presenter Tommy Europe, incredible new education and programming, and a trade show filled with amazing deals.
- Every workout needs a good BUDDY! (October 3, 2011)
Just like a great workout partner, the Lebert BUDDY SYSTEM can keep you working at a higher level of intensity and keep you on your toes!
- Richard Martin on how to bypass obstacles while keeping a watch on them (October 3, 2011)
Whenever Im working on a project, whether one of my own or for a client, I find that obstacles and resistance tend to crop up. It is easy to become distracted by these hindrances to progress. At a minimum they can be minor irritants, but they can al
- Jail terms upheld for Shiite opposition members, trials of photographers begin (September 30, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders condemns a special courts decision in Bahrain on to uphold the prison sentences that were passed on 14 members of the Shiite opposition.
- Machinists Ratify New Deal with Hobart! (September 30, 2011)
Contract language improvements, increased pension contributions by the employer and new weekend shifts highlight this agreement
- New Classifications and Language Highlight Burrard Deal! (September 30, 2011)
Two new classifications and two long overdue language changes to disciplinary clauses are the higjhlights of this agreement.
- Machinists Ratify First Agreement with Empire Living! (September 30, 2011)
IAMAW answers concerns of retirement home workers in new contract. Workers wanted seniority provisions when they joined the IAMAW in February 2011. This new agreement delivered on that promise!
- Machinists make Significant Gains at Kal Tire! (September 30, 2011)
Workers at Kal Tire in Sparwood BC make significant financial gains in new 3-year deal. These workers repair damaged truck tires for the mining industry. The tires valued at $100,000 each can have there lifespan expanded by 20% with these repairs!
- Machinists Ink New Deal with Dettson! (September 30, 2011)
New deal with a new employer - makes all the right moves, creates joint labour relations commitee and reactivates Health and Safety Committee.
- Fairfield Workers Ratify First Agreement! (September 30, 2011)
Hotel workers ratify first collective agreement.
- New Executive elected (September 28, 2011)
New executive elected for the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- canfitpro brings its Personal Training and Group Fitness Conference to St. John's, NL (September 28, 2011)
canfitpro invites fitness professionals from Atlantic Canada to come experience a full day of hands-on, cutting edge fitness education with St. John's best presenter line-up including Shelly McDonald, Chris McGrath and Jessica Keats with YogaFit®
- Is the Cloud for the Birds? (September 28, 2011)
If you read the business or technology press, youve probably heard about the cloud. And if you believe the ad copy, just about any problem can be solved merely by putting it on the cloud. Can this really be true? Is the hype even close to real
- Shifting the frame: Communicating progressive ideas (September 23, 2011)
How can activists make an effective case for social justice in an atmosphere of cutbacks & belt-tightening? Connexions' Ulli Diemer leads a discussion Sept 24 on how to build on shared values to communicate a positive vision for change.
- Canadian First Nations, US-based Tribal Governments and Indigenous Advocacy Groups Endorse Mass Civil Disobedience Action to Protest Canadian Tar Sand (September 22, 2011)
Canadian First Nations, American Indian Tribes, Territorial, Provincial and Federal First Nations Governments and Advocacy groups have added their support for a rally featuring a civil disobedience sit-in against the tar sands on Sept 26 in Ottawa.
- Harnessing Critical Mass; How to promote organizational momentum (September 22, 2011)
Ripe with commonalities, Google, Apple, HP, Facebook, and General Motors have many shared qualities: capitalization in the billions, American ingenuity, the best in their day. And each has made a substantial investment in the area including General
- Canadian Sugar Institute comments on Statistics Canada Health Report (September 21, 2011)
Sugars consumption among Canadians of all ages is moderate and well below government recommendations.
- Dene Nation Becomes Part of International Accord Opposed to Keystone XL Pipeline (September 21, 2011)
Dene Nation Becomes Part of International Accord Opposed to Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Five Tips from BC Learning Leader - View training as an investment, not a cost (September 21, 2011)
The Canadian Society for Training and Development (CSTD) is recognizing the CEO of Commissionaires BC, Allen Batchelar with a Learning Leader award this week, along with 15 others.
- Athabasca Universitys Faculty of Business Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Major program accredited by Certified Management Accountants of Canada (C (September 20, 2011)
ATHABASCA, AB -- (September 13, 2011) Certified Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada), the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace has awarded
- CMA Canada recevra un trophe Or dans le cadre des Prix Canada pour lexcellence (September 20, 2011)
MISSISSAUGA (Ontario), le 19 septembre 2011. LInstitut national de la qualité décernera un trophée Or à La Société des comptables en management du Canada (CMA Canada) dans le cadre des Prix Canada pour lexcellence. CMA Canada reçoit cette distinc
- CMA Canada to receive the Canada Awards for Excellence gold trophy (September 20, 2011)
MISSISSAUGA, ON -- (September 19, 2011) CMA Canada has been selected by the National Quality Institute (NQI) as a recipient of the gold trophy within the Canada Awards for Excellence for having fully met NQIs Quality Criteria, with documented over
- Mount Saint Vincent University Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Major) Program accredited by Certified Management Accountants of Canada (September 20, 2011)
HALIFAX, NS -- (June 22, 2011) CMA Canada, the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace, has awarded for a five-year period the accreditation of the Bachelor ofC
- Mount Royal University Bachelor of Business Administration Accounting Major program accredited by Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) (September 20, 2011)
CALGARY, AB -- (September 14, 2011) Certified Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada), the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace has awarded, for a five
- Sixteen Business Leaders Recognized for Their Support of Learning in the Workplace (September 19, 2011)
Many senior business leaders understand that investment in human capital aligned to business goals has a direct impact on the bottom line. CSTD recognizes sixteen senior business leaders as part of Learn@Work Week.
- Sources welcomes Lakehead University (September 14, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Lakehead University. Lakehead University is one of Canada's comprehensive medium-sized universities.
- Sources welcomes United Nurses of Alberta (September 14, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: United Nurses of Alberta. UNA is the union of over 20,000 Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Mental Health Workers in Alberta.
- Sources welcomes Lebert Fitness (September 14, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Lebert Fitness. Lebert Fitness Inc. a Canadian company and global leader in the development of innovative fitness and bodyweight training tools.
- Sources welcomes CSTD (September 14, 2011)
Sources welcomes CSTD, Canada's professional association representing more than 2,500 workplace learning professionals.
- A Call to McGill University and the Universit de Montral to Support Freedom of Expression (September 14, 2011)
we the undersigned, enjoin the authorities of McGill University and the Universit de Montral to endorse freedom of expression by publicly dissociating themselves from the censorship towards which the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the Wor
- Three Tips to Keep Your Followers Engaged (September 14, 2011)
It can be a frustrating experience to have read a blog post or listened to a presentation, only to find that you are unable recall what was written or said. This can be even more frustrating if you are the one who wrote it.
- Teach My Preschooler - Finalist in Red Tricycle's Most Awesome Preschooler Must Haves Contest! (September 13, 2011)
After 20,000 nominations were cast by moms and dads over a 4 week period, Teach My Preschooler, the award winning all-in-one learning kit from Teach My is a finalist in Red Tricycle's Must Haves Contest!
- IFJ to Hold 'Journalism in Shadow of Anti-Terror Laws' Conference on Tenth Anniversary of 9/11 Attacks in US (September 8, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its European Group, the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) are holding an international conference to mark the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington in 2001.
- IFJ Joins Call for Release of Palestinian Journalists Held in Israel (September 8, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today joined the call by its affiliate in Palestine, the Palestinian Journalists Syndicate (PJS), and Al Jazeera for the immediate release of journalist Samer Allawy.
- Our *new* Lebert Fitness Youth Strength and Conditioning DVD is out! (September 8, 2011)
Lebert Fitness Youth Strength and Conditioning shows educators, personal trainers and phys-ed teachers 3 Strength and Conditioning programs with the EQUALIZER and BUDDY SYSTEM.
- Teach My Preschooler Observes International Literacy Day, Sept 8, 2011 (September 8, 2011)
Teach My Preschooler is pleased to observe International Literacy day and help raise awareness for a very serious issue.
- SURVEY FINDS ONTARIO PATIENTS SAY NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE REDUCES USE OF PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS AND EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS (September 8, 2011)
A new survey commissioned by the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine reveals that almost half of Ontarians treated by naturopathic doctors report naturopathic medicine has helped reduce their use of prescription drugs.
- Monitoring Online Mass: Four Key Areas to Watch (September 7, 2011)
With the search engine being the modern encyclopedia, you expect to find answers to all your questions in a few short clicks. Presumably there is an answer to every social media question that comes up. This, however, is never the reality.
- Shifting the frame and getting our message out (September 6, 2011)
Beit Zatoun offers two workshops to help progressive communities and organizations better develop and communicate their message using the general media. Sat. Sept 24 & Sat. Oct. 29, 2011.
- Companies that cooperate with dictatorships must be sanctioned (September 6, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the criminal cooperation that exists between many western companies, especially those operating in the new technology area, and authoritarian regimes.
- Conflicted About Conflict? (September 1, 2011)
Conflict isnt necessarily a bad thing.
- IFIC Comments on Electronic Commerce Protection Regulations (August 31, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today released two submissions related to the draft Electronic Commerce Protection Regulations (the Draft Regulations), which were made pursuant to Canadas Anti-Spam Legislation (the Act).
- The anniversary of the Internet; a look back and a leap forward (August 31, 2011)
Within a single lifetime we invented the television, put a man on the moon, and launched the Internet. A lot has been accomplished in a very short amount of time. Each discovery or invention seems to have taken less time and have a greater impact
- canfitpro and YogaFit® join forces to bring yoga training to the Canadian fitness industry (August 25, 2011)
Canadian Fitness Professionals (canfitpro) is now working with YogaFit® as their preferred Yoga Training Provider. Both companies share a common goal to make yoga accessible to all Canadians in a practical, and user friendly format.
- Fitness professionals have access to the best fitness conference in Calgary hosted by canfitpro (August 25, 2011)
canfitpro is hosting the largest fitness conference in Calgary, providing all fitness professionals with access to Calgary's best presenter line-up, incredible new programming, and a trade show filled with amazing deals on fitness products.
- CEC mourns the loss of Jack Layton (August 25, 2011)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council, (CEC) its members and supporters are saddened by the passing of the Honourable Jack Layton, Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition and Leader of the New Democratic Party of Canada.
- Independent Jewish Voices Canada establishes new chapter in Victoria (August 24, 2011)
Announcement of new Independent Jewish Voices chapter in Victoria, British Columbia.
- Entitled to Everyones Opinion: Social media Comments (August 24, 2011)
Variety is the spice of life. Varieties of food, clothes, books, jobs, etc. are what allow us to express ourselves. We voice our opinions. We gain understanding from hearing others opinions. However, in the corporate world this voice is often unwant
- Researchers To Present Exclusive, Disturbing Interviews With 9/11 Pentagon Witnesses in Toronto (August 19, 2011)
On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, American researchers will appear live at The Royal cinema in Toronto to present exclusive interviews with eyewitnesses to the act of mass murder that took place at the Pentagon that day.
- Whats the blogging point? Seven reasons to blog
one reason to not (August 17, 2011)
Many individuals and organizations have jumped on the blog bandwagon. Most of them do not even know why. Deciding on a strategy helps clarify the reason for the blog itself and gives focus to the writing.
- IFIC Issues Pre-Budget Recommendations: Achieving Fairness in Taxation and Retirement Funding Options (August 15, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today released its recommendations to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance (the Committee) in respect of the 2012 budget. IFICs pre-budget submission makes three recommendation
- Fitness Icon Trish Stratus appearing at the canfitpro Consumer Fitness + Wellnes Show Aug 20th (August 10, 2011)
Trish Stratus has joined the amazing line-up of fitness experts at the at the biggest and best fitness show in Canada! Trish will appear at the Sweat Equity booth for autographs and photo opportunites and present an interactive Q & A.
- Three Top Tips for Improving Social Media ROI (August 10, 2011)
When looking at their corporate social media initiatives, many senior executives wonder why there isnt a better return on their investment. Is there a special ingredient that can guarantee to improve any social media campaign? Yes there is sort of
- Indonesia: light sentences for deadly attack threaten religious tolerance (August 1, 2011)
An Indoensian court sentenced 12 Islamist militants to three to six months imprisonment yesterday for the attack on members of the Ahmadiyah minority group in Cikeusik last February, which resulted in three deaths.
- NATO attacks on national TV headquarters and installations in Tripoli (August 1, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders condemns NATO airstrikes on the Tripoli headquarters of the state-owned national TV broadcaster Al-Jamahiriya and two of its installations.
- Le CEC transmet ses condolances a la population de la Norvege (July 28, 2011)
Le Conseil ethnoculturel du Canada transmet ses plus sinceres condolances a la population de la Norvege. Nous partageons leur chagrin a l'occasion de cette immense perte et de ce deuil.
- CEC Extends Sympathies to the People of Norway (July 28, 2011)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council extends deepest condolences to the people of Norway. We share in their sorrow at this moment of great loss and grief.
- Backwards Thinking: Does Your Social Media Strategy Fit? (July 27, 2011)
Most people find reading through an endless list of functions is both irrelevant, and incredibly dull. In other words, its a colossal waste of time. The opposite seems to be true when it comes to social media strategic plans.
- Anavex presents data on neuroprotective evidence for ANAVEX 2-73, lead compound for Alzheimers disease (July 26, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) is pleased to provide a summary of its second poster presentation at the Alzheimers Association International Conference (AAIC) held in Paris, entitled Preclinical development of new tetrahydrofur
- Avoiding the Cut: Social Media ROI in Perspective (July 26, 2011)
In response to a tight economy, most organizations face a financial call-to-action: reduce the expenses, tighten your belts, and cut-cut-cut. Financial management will explain that revenues no longer support the level of expenditure, so either sales
- Anavex presents data on potential dual utility of ANAVEX 2-73 in both amyloid and tau pathology (July 25, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) is pleased to provide a summary of the first of two poster presentations at the Alzheimers Association International Conference (AAIC) held in Paris, entitled The novel aminotetrahydrofuran deriva
- Dignite delegates deported by Israel (July 21, 2011)
Canadian Boat to Gaza Update. The Freedom Flotilla 2 delegates from the Dignite-Karama have been deported by Israel, including Stephan Corriveau of the Tahrir, who arrived back in Canada Wednesday.
- Dignite attacked: one Canadian on board Gaza-bound French boat (July 19, 2011)
Organizers of the Canadian Boat to Gaza (CBG), the Tahrir, lost contact with the French flagged boat Dignité from the Freedom Flotilla II, at 10:10AM local time when the boat was in international waters north of Arish, Egypt.
- Dignite on the Last Leg of Voyage to Gaza (July 19, 2011)
Small French ship carrying a message that cannot be silenced.
- Sources welcomes Novus Health (July 18, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Novus Health. Novus Health provides members with the trusted health information they need to make informed health decisions, empowering them to better navigate Canada's complex health care system.
- Sources welcomes Payfirma Corporation (July 18, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Payfirma Corporation. Payfirma is an independent Canadian provider of electronic and mobile payment acceptance and financial technology solutions.
- Sources welcomes Christian Labour Association of Canada (July 18, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Christian Labour Association of Canada. CLAC is an independent Canadian labour union representing thousands of workers in a wide range of industry sectors.
- Sources welcomes canfitpro (July 18, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: canfitpro. canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry.
- canfitpro Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show returns to Toronto with more celebrities and experts! (July 18, 2011)
canfitpro announces the return of it's Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show in Toronto on August 20, 2011. Fitness celebrities include; Tosca Reno, Richard Simmons, Brad Schoenfeld, Silken Laumann, Dr. Natasha Turner and many more!
- French boat Dignite of the Freedom Flotilla II leaves Greece (July 18, 2011)
The French boat Dignite/Karama (Dignity) left the Greek island Kastellorizo around 8:30PM local time on Saturday July 16, 2011, heading south.
- Le bateau francais Dignite-Al Karama est sorti des eaux grecques (July 18, 2011)
Le bateau franais Dignite-Al Karama a quitte l'Ile de Kastellorizo en Grece, vers 20h30 heure locale, aujourd'hui 16 juillet 2011, en direction du sud.
- Teach Your Baby Using Real Photos! (July 18, 2011)
It is easier for babies to learn about real objects from photographs than from illustrations.
- Sources Website maintenance and upgrading July 15 - 17 (July 15, 2011)
The Sources website server, hosting www.sources.com and sister websites, including www.sources.ca & www.hotlink.ca, will be undergoing technical upgrades on the weekend of July 15-17. During this time, the website will be down for a period of time.
- Anavex to present at Alzheimers Association International Conference on Alzheimers Disease (July 15, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (Anavex) (OTCBB: AVXL) today announced that new data on ANAVEX 2-73, the companys lead compound for Alzheimers disease (AD) currently in Phase I clinical trials, will be presented in two poster sessions at the 2011 Alzh
- Social Media Innovation: Promotion vs. Prevention (July 13, 2011)
Every town has them: outdated laws. With little or no relevance in todays society, we see such rules as silly and ineffective. Laws such as: no throwing abandoned hoop skirts onto the street, or No walking backward while eating chestnuts are rel
- CPCCA report threatens Canadians democratic rights, free speech (July 13, 2011)
The report by Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-semitism uses the false threat of a growing anti-semitism to justify measures in fact intended to eliminate criticism of Israel but threaten Canadians democratic rights and free speech.
- Anavex raises $1.575 million (July 11, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) is pleased to announce that it has raised US$1,575,000.00 through the exercise of warrants. Funds will be used to continue the Phase I clinical trial of ANAVEX 2-73 the companys lead drug candidate
- Sun, Helmet and Eye Safety Tips to Help Parents Keep Their Kids Safe This Summer (July 11, 2011)
Seasons UV 50 ++ UPF Solar Guard Clothing, Real Kids Shades and Tail Wags Helmet Covers offer ideas and products to help make summer play safe.
- The Tahrir Will Sail Again (July 10, 2011)
We will keep coming by sea, by air, by land and in the media until the blockade collapses and Palestine is free.
- Le Tahrir finira par naviguer (July 10, 2011)
Nous nous rendrons par mer, par les airs et dans les medias jusqu' ce que cesse le blocus et que la Palestine soit liberee.
- Jewish group gives Pseudo Parliamentary report failing grade (July 8, 2011)
Ottawa, Ontario July 7, 2011. Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) today gave the Canadian Parliamentary Coalition to Combat Anti-Semitism (CPCCA) an overall failing grade on its long-overdue report.
- Self-centered Social Media: A Reminder forganizational Alignment (July 6, 2011)
A certain percentage of daily time is allotted to doing social media. This may mean checking your Facebook Wall to see what your friends are doing, or maybe joining a conversation in a LinkedIn group. Perhaps you are clicking on links from people
- Anavex rapidly advances ANAVEX 2-73 for Alzheimers disease, Phase I clinical trial progressing well (July 6, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (Anavex) (OTCBB: AVXL) has commenced the 30 mg dose step in its ongoing Phase I clinical trial to evaluate ANAVEX 2-73, the companys lead drug candidate for Alzheimers disease. This is the third of six potential dose
- CMA Canada accredite le programme de baccalaurat specialis en administration des affaires avec majeure en comptabilit de l'Universit du Nouveau-Br (July 4, 2011)
CMA Canada, qui fait figure de chef de file sur la scne internationale en prparant des professionnels de la comptabilit de management stratgique grer des entreprises dans le contexte de la mondialisation, a accrdit pour une priode de cinq a
- The University of New Brunswick Bachelor of Business Administration, Honours in Accounting Program accredited by CMA Canada (July 4, 2011)
CMA Canada, the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace, has awarded for a five-year period the accreditation of the Bachelor of Business Administration, Honours
- University of Prince Edward Island Bachelor of Business Administration (Specialization in Accounting) accredited by CMA Canada (July 4, 2011)
CMA Canada, the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace, has awarded for a five-year period the accreditation of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Speciali
- Mount Saint Vincent University Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting Major) Program accredited by CMA Canada (July 4, 2011)
CMA Canada, the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting® professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace, has awarded for a five-year period the accreditation of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounti
- The Canadian Boat to Gaza (CBG), the Tahrir, to set sail today as part of Freedom Flotilla II (July 4, 2011)
With the support of Greek civil society and people from all around the world the Tahrir is casting off from Greece today.
- Le Tahrir, le bateau canadien pour Gaza de la Flottille de la liberte II, levera lancre aujourdhui (July 4, 2011)
Beneficiant du soutien de la societe civile grecque et du public partout au monde, le Tahrir prend la mer aujourdhui.
- Canadian Health Professionals Support Flotilla 2 and its Mission to Break the Siege of Gaza (July 2, 2011)
Canadian health professionals join with people from across Canada in support of Flotilla II, the fleet of boats carrying over one thousand courageous people aiming to break the Israeli blockade of Gaza.
- The blockade of Gaza reaches the shores of Greece! (July 1, 2011)
As it attempts to sail, the Canadian Boat to Gaza, the Tahrir, blockaded in Greece. Greek coast guard are now on board the Tahrir attempting to arrest Sandra Ruch, Jewish Canadian member of the Canada boat to Gaza Steering Committee.
- Le blocus de Gaza setend jusquaux cotes grecques! (July 1, 2011)
Alors quil tente de prendre la mer, le Bateau canadien pour Gaza, le Tahrir, est retenu en Grèce.
- French journalists released after being held hostage for 18 months (June 29, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders is delighted by todays release of French journalists Hervé Ghesquière and Stéphane Taponier and their Afghan interpreter Reza, who were abducted by a Taliban group on 29 December 2009.
- CCNM Studying Systemic Barriers and Naturopathic Approaches to Health Care in Transgender Population (June 29, 2011)
Research being conducted by the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) will examine barriers to health care in transgender populations and determine means to improve their experiences with naturopathic medical care.
- Social Media Cleansing: A Closer Look at our Profiles (June 29, 2011)
Everybody knows Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube. Users talk about connecting with family, networking with colleagues, and meeting new contacts. Social media sites allow this to happen, and much more. The question is, do you want them to?
- Rally in support of French journalists held hostage for past 18 months (June 28, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders continues to press for the release of the only journalists currently held hostage anywhere in the world, French TV reporters Hervé Ghesquière and Stéphane Taponier, who were kidnapped exactly a year and a half ago.
- Israeli government openly threatens journalists planning to sail with Gaza flotilla (June 27, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the Israeli governments attempts to intimidate journalists who plan to travel with a flotilla of ships that will set sail in the next few days in an attempt to break Israels blockade of the Gaza Strip.
- Freedom Flotilla II Stay Human (June 23, 2011)
People from across Canada are rallying in support of the Canadian boat to Gaza which is part of the international convoy Freedom Flotilla II.
- Quality Public Services Also Needed in Media, Say IFJ and UNI MEI on World Public Service Day (June 23, 2011)
Today the International Federation of Journalists and its European group the European Federation of Journalists, together with UNI Global Union Media Entertainment & Arts (UNI-MEI) expressed their joint support to strong public service in media
- Notice of vacancy for IFJ Deputy General Secretary/EFJ General Secretary (June 23, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) are seeking to appoint an IFJ Deputy General Secretary who will also serve as the EFJ General Secretary, based in Brussels.
- Seasons UV High Tech Swimwear for Kids Changes Color When the Sun Shines, Warning Parents to Apply Sunscreen (June 23, 2011)
Seasons UV 50 ++ UPF Solar Guard clothing reacts to sun exposure by changing colors. When white turns to blue parents are reminded its time to reapply sunscreen to exposed skin. The hotter the sun gets the darker blue it turns.
- Finding the G Spot: A Sassy, Sensible, Entertaining Approach to Finance (June 22, 2011)
Finally, finance has received a much needed makeover! Finding the G Spot is a keep it simple approach to finance, with a refreshing short story within each chapter. This book is bold, humorous and sassy.
- Talk of the Town: Strategic Buzz Marketing Techniques (June 22, 2011)
When we hear the buzz of current topics and conversations, we do not think of it as marketing, we consider the topic noteworthy and continue the conversation. We never know how much professional help from marketers it got along the way.
- Goodwill, The City of Toronto and the Greater Toronto Hockey League partner to make hockey more accessible. (June 21, 2011)
Goodwill and the GTHL partner to make hockey more accessible
- Three Northern missionaries receive 2011 St. Josephs Award May 5 at Tastes of Heaven gala (June 17, 2011)
Three missionaries serving in the Canadian North received the 2011 St. Josephs Award at Catholic Missions In Canadas Tastes of Heaven Gala May 5.
- "A book is not a bomb" says fact-finding mission (June 16, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders urged the Turkish government today to prove it supports the media freedom it proclaimed during the recent election campaign.
- Le Bateau Canadien Pour Gaza Presente Quelques Un-e-s des Delegu-e-s qui Seront a Bord du Tahrir (June 16, 2011)
Dici la fin juin, le bateau canadien Tahrir se joindra à la Flottille de la Liberté II - Rester humains. Des délégué-e-s de la société civile provenant de tous les coins du pays, des partenaires internationaux et des journalistes de divers médias
- Payfirma Signs Sutton Group West Coast Realty (June 16, 2011)
Vancouver-based merchant account provider Payfirma signs Canadas largest real estate brokerage to fully integrated payment processing contract.
- Canadian Boat to Gaza announces the delegates who will be aboard the Tahrir (June 16, 2011)
Before the end of June, the Canadian ship Tahrir will join the Freedom Flotilla 2
Stay Human, carrying civil society delegates from coast to coast, international partners, and journalists from a range of media organizations.
- Journalists Murder Underscores Impunity in the Philippines (June 15, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines (NUJP) in condemning the murder of dwEB-FM radio commentator Romeo Olea in Camarines Sur province on June 13.
- Shock and Outrage at Murder of Senior Journalist in Mumbai (June 15, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is shocked and outraged at the daylight murder of Jyotirmoy Dey, senior journalist and special investigations editor with the afternoon daily Midday, in the western Indian city of Mumbai.
- Social Media Tug-o-War: Organizational Views that Confuse (June 15, 2011)
Many organizations look at social media one of two ways: We need to block social media because it destroys productivity, or we need to spend significantly on social media because we need to join the conversation. Both views are overly simplistic.
- Record-breaking Funds Raised for Brain Tumour Patients across Canada (June 15, 2011)
An outstanding 5,800 brain tumour patients and their supporters from across Canada have come together and raised a record-breaking $1.5 million for critical brain tumour research and patient programs during the recent Spring Sprint fundraising progra
- Canadas only Americas think-tank to wrap up projects and close at end of September | FOCAL mènera à bien ses projets et fermera ses portes fin septem (June 14, 2011)
FOCAL, an independent think-tank created by an Act of Cabinet in 1990 to advance Canadian interests in the Americas, will cease operations at the end of September, when all obligations to funders are fulfilled.
- Green Connections hosts Mike Schreiner, Leader of the Ontario Green Party (June 13, 2011)
Mike Schreiner, Leader of the Ontario Green Party Presents Five-Point Plan for Ontario's Future at Green Connections Meeting.
- Teach My Baby & Dads Boost Baby Brain Development (June 13, 2011)
With Fathers Day around the corner, research shows dads can facilitate early learning.
- IFIC Comments on the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) (June 9, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) submitted a comment letter to the United States Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in response to their Notice 2011-34, which was published on April 8, 2011
- Social Media Migration: The risk of changing venues (June 9, 2011)
Migrating a social media group from one venue to another, whether it be from a Group to a Page or a completely new platform altogether, risks the possibility of member abandonment. Randall Craig offers tips to make this migration easier.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicines new service provides greater accessibility to aspiring naturopathic doctors (June 8, 2011)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine has joined forces with other accredited naturopathic colleges to offer the first centralized application service for naturopathic medical (ND) school applicants.
- French judge dismisses French journalists complaint against Israeli military (June 8, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders is appalled to learn that a French judge has dismissed French journalist Jacques-Marie Bourgets complaint against the Israeli authorities because a lack of Israeli cooperation prevented him from pursuing the investigation.
- Sudbury Family Raising Funds for Brain Tumour Research in Honour of Lost Husband, Father and Community Leader (June 8, 2011)
Join Sudbury brain tumour survivors and their families at this weekend's Spring Sprint at College Boreal. Together, they will walk, run and sprint in support of brain tumour research and patient programs at 11am, Sunday, June 12.
- Teach My Learning Kits - Let's Talk Numbers! (June 8, 2011)
Research Shows Preschoolers Benefit From Number Talk At Home!
- Anavex advances second lead compound; initiates scale-up manufacturing of ANAVEX 1-41 (June 8, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp., (Anavex) (OTCBB: AVXL) today announced the initiation of scale-up manufacturing of ANAVEX 1-41, its lead compound for a range of important neurological diseases and a potential back-up compound to ANAVEX 2-73 in Alzheime
- Ontario Honda Motorcycle And ATV Dealers Show How to Get Facebook Credits or Music Download in Contest (June 7, 2011)
The Honda Summer Lovin Event, time-limited rebates on motorcycles and ATVs across Canada, gets even more love in Ontario with Facebook Credits, music downloads, and a draw for a Honda VT750 RS motorcycle.
- Another Expansion at Pearson for Machinists! (June 7, 2011)
Machinists continue to add to their membership at Pearson Airport with the addition of 90 security workers known as Ambassadors who assist passengers in the customs and security scrrening areas of the airport
- Les organizations sont constituees de personnes (June 2, 2011)
Dans linfolettre du mois dernier, jabordais la nécessité dêtre spécifique lorsquil sagit de formuler une stratégie et de planifier sa mise en uvre. Je faisais remarquer quune des clés du succès consiste à désigner une personne responsable de c
- Organizations Are Made Up of People (June 2, 2011)
In last months newsletter I wrote about the need for specificity in formulating strategy and in planning for its implementation. I pointed out that a key to success is the need to put someone in charge of its implementation.
- Government neglect and ignorance about climate change (June 1, 2011)
Academics from universities throughout Canada are demanding immediate, informed and responsible action on climate change. Parliament convenes, following the complete omission during the current election process of any discussion on climate change.
- Science et innovation, cls d'un monde meilleur : Le piratage des medias dans les economies emergentes (June 1, 2011)
A l'occasion dun debat d'experts organise au CRDI le 3 juin, trois experts de renommee internationale aborderont les implications du piratage des medias pour l'economie mondiale. Joe Karaganis, le directeur de la publication du rapport Media Piracy
- Science and Innovation for a Better World: Media Piracy in Emerging Economies (June 1, 2011)
In a panel discussion at IDRC on June 3, three internationally renowned experts will discuss the implications of media piracy for the global economy. Media Piracy in Emerging Economies editor Joe Karaganis, from the American Assembly at Columbia U
- As CUSO-VSO turns 50, International volunteering continues to evolve (June 1, 2011)
While many Canadians still travel abroad, CUSO-VSO also sends volunteers from developing nations, and recruits from North American diaspora communities and some businesses.
- ATS Ratifies First Agreement with Machinists! (June 1, 2011)
First collective agreement for 65 ramp and aircraft grooming workers at Calgary International Airport.
- Torkin Manes Associates Take to the Streets to Help the Homeless (June 1, 2011)
From May 29 to June 2, the associates of Torkin Manes LLP are delivering food and clothing to homeless people throughout the city from 6:00 pm to midnight through the Canadian Jewish humanitarian and relief organization Veahavta.
- Social Media Real Estate: The matter of location (June 1, 2011)
With so many Social Media sites out there, it may be challenging to know where or how you should you spend your time. It used to be simple, but social media is far more complicated today. How do you know which venues will give you the biggest return?
- Machinists Buck Pension Trend! (June 1, 2011)
Machinists defy national trend and hang on to their defined benefit penasion plan as well as turn away all employer concessionary demands in obtaining new agreement with Arnprior Aerospace.
- Bearskin Machinists Ratify New Deal (June 1, 2011)
A new five year agreement with Bearskin provides a 7.6% wage increase in the first year of the agreement.
- IFJ Demands Pakistan Bring Journalists Killers to Justice (June 1, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) and journalists around the world in condemning in the strongest terms the brutal murder of journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad in Pakistan.
- Jewish group challenges Harper's knee-jerk support for Israeli government (May 30, 2011)
The Canadian government should be promoting a resolution to the conflict in Israel and Palestine, based on international law -- not backing Israel with unquestioning support regardless of what it does.
- Ottawa Law Student Honouring Father's Memory by Raising Awareness About Brain Tumours (May 30, 2011)
An Ottawa law student by day and volunteer by night, Mireille Renaud is determined to turn pain into a purpose. Join Mireille and hundreds of other Ottawa brain tumour patients and supporters on Sunday, June 5 at Andrew Haydon Park for Spring Sprint.
- Winnipeg Athlete Overcomes Brain Tumour and Dedicates Time to Finding a Cure (May 30, 2011)
Life-long Winnipegger and one time golf pro Scott Chudley has added more to his already full plate: coordinator for the June 5 Spring Sprint. He has good reason for this added committment, he is one of the 55,000 Canadians affected by a brain tumour.
- Windsor Family Raising Funds and Awareness about Pediatric Brain Tumours (May 30, 2011)
Join Windsor parents Karen Metcalfe and Brett Lumley along with their daughter McKenna, a brain tumour survivor at the June 4th Spring Sprint at Riverside Sportsman Club.
- Memory of Much Loved Aunt Motivates Montreal Brain Tumour Researcher (May 30, 2011)
Dr. Tommy Alain, a McGill brain tumour researcher is doubly motivated to be successful because he lost his Aunt to a brain tumour. On June 4, Dr. Alain is taking this support to Parc Angrignon for the annual Spring Sprint for brain tumour research.
- Brain Tumour Survivor Supporting June 4 Spring Sprint (May 30, 2011)
Life can be demanding and full of surprises at every corner. For Michelle Chang, this clich became reality when she started having double vision in 2008. She did not realize that this single symptom would soon lead to a brain tumour diagnosis.
- Les technologues en radiation medicale du Canada lancent leur campagne : Limagerie au cur de votre sante (May 30, 2011)
Cette semaine, l Association canadienne des technologues en radiation médicale (ACTRM) et ses associations provinciales membres lancent une initiative de renouvellement de leur image de marque qui changera la façon dont les technologues en radiation
- Canadas medical radiation technologists launch the Image of Care campaign (May 30, 2011)
This week, the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and its provincial member associations launch a rebranding initiative that will change the way medical radiation technologists (MRTs) are recognized throughout the medical
- The CATSA Cuts They Save Money While We Save Lives! (May 26, 2011)
Canadian Air Transport Security Agency cuts service provider funding resulting in the layoff od 126 air port screeners in Vancouver BC. Passenger Security is at risak, worker fatigue greatly increased.
- ANAVEX 2-73 advances Phase I clinical trial for Alzheimers disease (May 26, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) is pleased to provide an update on its ongoing Phase I clinical trial to evaluate ANAVEX 2-73, the companys lead candidate for Alzheimers disease. After reviewing all the safety data from the firs
- Lloydminster Spring Sprint May 29 Brings Together Brain Tumour Survivors (May 25, 2011)
Veronica Bailey has traveled a wild emotional and physical journey that has taken her from comfortable retiree to brain tumour survivor and research fundraiser. This Sunday Veronica will participate in the Lloydminster Spring Sprint.
- Olympic Medalist Cheryl Bernard Joins Brain Tumour Survivors and Family Members in Vancouver this Weekend (May 25, 2011)
Vancouver Spring Sprint
5km walk and run for walkers, joggers and runners.
Dates: Sunday, May 29, 2011: Check-in: 10:00 a.m. & Start: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Burnaby Lake East, Rowing Pavilion, Burnaby, BC
- The Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) and KineMedics are proud to announce that June is National Athletic Therapy Month (NATM) (May 25, 2011)
Throughout the month of June the CATA is committed to raising public awareness on the prevention and management of head injuries (concussions) in sport. The CATA and its members are skilled in identifying head injury (concussions) and implementing ap
- Social Media Damage Control: Preventing the Viral Crisis (May 25, 2011)
Social media is a fabulous tool to broadcast the positive, but when others start repeating, re-tweeting, and adding to a negative message, the problem can become a crisis. This crisis can quickly spiral out of control leaving a company's reputation d
- Dr. Robert Cantu invited to lecture at the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association Annual National Conference in Banff. (May 24, 2011)
The CATA and its members are committed to raising awareness of the importance of identifying head injury (concussions) and implementing appropriate management and return to play protocols when they do occur so athletes can safely participate in sport
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Celebrates 31st Convocation (May 24, 2011)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) will honour its 2011 graduating class at the Colleges 31st convocation on Friday, May 27, at the University of Toronto's Convocation Hall.
- Palliative care pioneer Dr. John Seely receives posthumous honour from CCNM (May 24, 2011)
Palliative care champion Dr. John Seely will receive an honorary doctor of naturopathic medicine diploma from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine at its 31st convocation ceremony on Friday, May 27.
- CUSO-VSO turning 50 - does international volunteering still work? (May 23, 2011)
On June 6th, CUSO-VSO turns 50. Since 1961, more than 15,000 CUSO-VSO volunteers have contributed to a world of solutions in more than 70 countries in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific.
- Worm Harvest Party (May 21, 2011)
Ever been to a Worm Harvest Party? Want to learn more about how worms will help solve our current garbage crisis? Worms are natures original recyclers. Red Wigglers are going to play an ever-increasing role in waste management and soil production.
- Social Media: Does the (whole) Company Good (May 19, 2011)
It is unfortunate that the marketer, advertiser, and PR personnel of the world are typically the "owners" of social media within an organization. The development of relationships is critically important in just about every organizational department,
- Teach My Learning Kits & Boy Talk! (May 18, 2011)
All little ones benefit from building strong communication skills but research shows that boys get the biggest boost!
- Airport Security, Devastating cuts = Devastating Consequences! (May 17, 2011)
CATSA budget cuts threaten airport security across Canada says IAM
- Anavex comments on new Alzheimers disease diagnostic guidelines (May 17, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (Anavex) (OTCBB: AVXL) today commented on new diagnostic criteria and guidelines for Alzheimers disease published recently by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) and the Alzheimers Association, which have been updated
- Machinists ratify with Bombardier CTM! (May 16, 2011)
Machinists members sign six year deal with aviation tube maker Bombardier CTM
- Toronto District School Board twinning with injustice, says Jewish group (May 16, 2011)
Jewish solidarity group asks Toronto School Board to reconsider its links to joint project with the Jewish National Fund.
- Trial of Irina Khalip begins in Belarus (May 13, 2011)
The Committee to Protect Journalists called today for the Belarusian government to drop all charges against Irina Khalip, the Minsk-based correspondent for the independent Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta, who has been imprisoned since December.
- Uganda: Ten reporters injured by security forces while covering opposition leaders return (May 13, 2011)
At least 10 Ugandan and foreign journalists were physically attacked by soldiers yesterday while covering opposition leader Kizza Besigyes return to Uganda from Kenya.
- Time for Action to Free Hostage Journalists in Afghanistan after 500 Days of Captivity, Says IFJ (May 13, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its European group the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) today joined events marking the 500 days of captivity of two French journalists, Hervé Guesquières and Stéphane Taponier.
- Toronto Web Firm, Soft Gravity Uses Its Own Software Development To Launch Its Site Faster (May 13, 2011)
Nearly 1½ years after opening, Toronto website and software development specialists, Soft Gravity use their timesaving new technology to build their own site.
- Adding Value, FUSE Marketing Group Offers Clients a Third Sellout Seminar on Facebook Credits (May 13, 2011)
Future-forward marketing agency from Toronto hosts information sessions for eager clients online, explaining the opportunities surrounding the only currency to be used soon on Facebook.
- Sources welcomes BOATsmart! Canada (May 12, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: BOATsmart! Canada. BOATsmart! Canada promotes the safe, enjoyable and environmentally friendly use of Canada's waterways.
- BOATsmart! urges Canadians to break bad boating habits in advance of long weekend (May 12, 2011)
First annual BOATsmart! Awareness Day aims to put a stop to the more than 100 boating fatalities and 6,000 non-fatal injuries that occur each year in Canada by promoting safe, enjoyable and educated boating on Tuesday, May 17, 2011.
- Experienced Rider Training Symposium Canada, May 2011 (May 11, 2011)
The Fdration Internationale de Motocyclisme has invited the Canada Safety Council to host the Experienced Rider Training Symposium this year. This is the first time in its history that the Symposium will be hosted in North America.
- National Road Safety Week - Make driving safely your number one priority! (May 11, 2011)
National Road Safety Week kicks off the 2011 safe summer driving season. Make sure to always take precautions while you are out and about. Keep your eyes on the road and on other road users. Be vigilant of your surroundings at all times.
- Sheep-Shearing Weekend at the Canada Agriculture Museum (May 11, 2011)
Spring is a special time at the Canada Agriculture Museum, where lambs are born and sheep are shorn. Visit the Museum during the May long weekend, and discover the amazing world of wool!
- IFJ Backs Photojournalists' Fight Back against Arbitrary Ban in London (May 11, 2011)
London based photographers staged a Flashmob outside the city hall in London on World Press Freedom Day to denounce arbitrary restrictions on their work in the city where banning of photography in many public spaces is enforced by private security.
- The Cost of 'free' Social Media (May 11, 2011)
We all enjoy the free photo sharing, free newfound friends, free professional connections, and free social gaming that social media offers us. But there is a price to pay for everything and this 'free'dom comes with a cost.
- Teach My Baby - Tired of Coochy, Coochy, Coo - Try Reading To Your Baby! (May 11, 2011)
Wondering if you should read to your young baby? Think your little one is too young to understand the concepts?
- International Acclaim For Books By Hamilton, Ontario Publisher (May 11, 2011)
The latest release from Bridgeross, Prose To Go: Tales From A Private List, has been hailed by South African reviewer Lois C. Henderson writing in the New York Journal of Books as a life-enhancing experience.
- What a Difference a Year Makes: Young Woman Faces Battle with Brain Tumours Head On (May 9, 2011)
Erin Voss, her family and friends are supporting this weekend's Spring Sprint in support of brain tumour research and patient programs. Join them on Sunday at Waterloo Park, Westmount Road Entrance at 9:00 am.
- Rare Brain Tumours Inspire Survivor to Support Community (May 9, 2011)
Dan Reddick is one of the many Guelph residents supporting May 14th's efforts to raise funds for brain tumour research and patient programs this Saturday morning at the Guelph Arboretum.
- Young Hockey Player Inspires Community to Support Brain Tumour Research (May 9, 2011)
Thirteen year old Michael Rumsby and his family are just some of the many people supporting May 14th's efforts to raise funds for brain tumour research and patient programs this Saturday at 10:00 am at Dalhousie University's Wickwire Soccer Field.
- Workplace Conflict Expert interviewed for CBC series on Workplace Harassment (May 9, 2011)
Ruth Sirman, Mediator and Workplace Conflict Expert is interviewed by Julie Ireton along with others for this investigative CBC Series about the apparently escalating incidence of harassment in the Canadian Federal Government.
- Freedom of Expression Day (May 6, 2011)
The National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada is celebrating the "Freedom of Expression Day" this year, with a weekly exhibition of the member publications of the Ethnic Press of Canada.
- Naturopathic Medicine Week: Maximize Your Kids Wellbeing with Healthy, Active Living (May 6, 2011)
Be Your Best Self is one of the many services provided by the team at the RSNC. Join us on Monday, May 9 at 6 p.m. to learn more about naturopathic medicine at our special meet-and-greet information session, Meet the New RSNC Interns.
- Naturopathic Medicine Week: Use naturopathic medicine to help optimize your health as your get older (May 6, 2011)
The RSNC team can help the entire familyfrom newborns to seniorswith acute and chronic conditions. Learn more about naturopathic medicine and the RSNC at our special meet-and-greet information session, Meet the New RSNC Interns
- Naturopathic Medicine Week: Supporting Wellness with Complementary Cancer Care at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic (May 5, 2011)
Learn more about the adjunctive cancer care shift and the RSNC at our special meet-and-greet information session, Meet the New RSNC Interns taking place on Monday, May 9 beginning at 6 p.m.
- New Glutenpro Website has Products that Test for Celiac Disease and Help People Live Gluten Free (May 4, 2011)
Comprehensive information resource, glutenpro.com launches with new products for people with celiac disease and those on a gluten free diet.
- Fear of the Facebook "Fan" (May 4, 2011)
How do you use your Facebook Fan page and what does that say about your organization? Most organizations are gutless and spineless, are you?
- Be Sun Smart (May 3, 2011)
Sun Safety information for the summer, to be used in part or whole. It has been estimated that 60% to 70% of the skin cancers could have been prevented by adopting a healthier lifestyle. Information on understanding UV, SPF, UPF and much more.
- IFJ Backs Silent March in Colombia to Denounce Threats against Journalists (May 3, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today backed the appeal of its affiliate in Colombia, the Federación Colombiana de Periodistas (FECOLPER) for a silent march throughout the country on World Press Freedom Day.
- Shadow of 9/11 Attacks Hangs over Journalism, Says IFJ on World Press Freedom Day (May 3, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) marks this year's World Press Freedom Day by focusing on the legacy of the terrorist attacks on 11 September in New York and Washington ten years ago.
- Strategy Requires Specificity (May 1, 2011)
Strategy always gains from specificity. Its even more important to be specific when planning and conducting the implementation of the strategy. A key role of the strategic leader is to move from general assertions to specific expressions of intent
- 2011 IPA Freedom to Publish Prize awarded to Vietnamese publisher Bui Chat (April 29, 2011)
Bui Chat, founder of Giay Vun publishing in Vietnam, has been named as the recipient of this year's IPA Freedom to Publish Prize for his exemplary courage in upholding freedom to publish.
- Thailand: Police close a dozen community radio stations, carry out arrests (April 29, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the closure of a dozen community radio stations linked to the opposition Red Shirts in a major police operation yesterday in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces.
- Glutenfreeda Foods Kicks Off Celiac Awareness Month, Donating $30,000 in Gluten-Free Foods to Food Banks (April 29, 2011)
Delicious and Healthy Gluten-Free Foods, Typically Sold to People On a Strict Gluten-Free Diet, to Benefit Anyone in Need in the Greater Omaha Region
- 51 Filmmakers Protest Hot Docs Collaboration with Israel (April 28, 2011)
51 Canadian filmmakers issue a statement of protest to Hot Docs documentary film festival stating that they are deeply disappointed to learn that Hot Docs has decided to partner with the Israeli organization CoPro Documentary Marketing Foundation.
- Wasting your time on social media: Four rules for social media ROI (April 27, 2011)
Using social media as a corporate tool can yield some excellent results, but too many businesses waste time doing activities that yield very little results. Randall Craig defines four guidelines that make for a more productive social media investment
- Teach My Toddler Pretend Play & Rainy Days! (April 27, 2011)
Stuck inside on a rainy day with your toddler? Introduce some pretend play! According to Scholastic.com, young children learn from imagining and doing. The Teach My Toddler Learning Kit has all of the tools to play school.
- EFJ Alarmed by Restructuring in French, German and British International Public Broadcasters (April 21, 2011)
Today the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), the European group of the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ), expressed its concerns over restructurings and downsizing taking place in major public broadcasters in Europe.
- Canada Votes: The Ethnic Issue (April 21, 2011)
The Canadian Ethnocultural Council (CEC) is pleased that, in this federal election, all political parties are considering the importance of the ethnocultural population in the election process.
- Anavex: First-In-Human Dosing Commenced in ANAVEX 2-73 Clinical Trial for Alzheimers Disease (April 20, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (OTCBB: AVXL) today announced that the first healthy human volunteers have been initially dosed in its Phase I clinical trial to evaluate ANAVEX 2-73, the companys lead compound for Alzheimers disease.
- Will Facebook take over the world? (April 20, 2011)
Perceived as a time-waster and on-line haunt for teens and twenty-somethings, the reality is that it has grown well beyond the original confines of social networking. And when it busts out of its walled garden completely, it will have profound implic
- Winners announced (April 19, 2011)
National winners of Legion's Essay, Poetry and Poster Contests.
- Learn about naturopathic medicine from the interns at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic! (April 19, 2011)
Were introducing our crop of new interns at a special meet-and-greet information session on Monday, May 9, beginning at 6 p.m. The RSNC team can help the entire familyfrom newborns to seniorswith acute and chronic conditions.
- Experts urge Canadian leadership to ban nuclear weapons (April 18, 2011)
The Canadian government should join a new international effort to construct a global legal ban on all nuclear weapons, concluded disarmament experts meeting in Ottawa.
- Stop Predicting, Start Experimenting (April 17, 2011)
Its becoming more and more obvious to me that the real secret of success isnt in making accurate predictions then acting on them. Instead, its in experimenting with various approaches and reinforcing those that seem to be working.
- Substantial setback for press freedom in Egypt (April 14, 2011)
A new requirement by the Egyptian military that local print media obtain approval for all mentions of the armed forces before publication is the single worst setback for press freedom in Egypt since the fall of President Hosni Mubarak.
- Extradition request for dissident journalist is "illegal and absurd" (April 14, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders today denounced as illegal and absurd the efforts of the Tajik government to get dissident journalist Dodojon Atovulloev forcefully returned to Tajikistan from his exile in Russia and Germany.
- Freedom of Expression awards go to Ciudad Juárez and Novaya Gazeta blogs (April 14, 2011)
Ciudad Juárez, en la sombra del narcotráfico, a courageous blog about drug cartel activities, government repression and police corruption in northern Mexico, is the jury choice in the Reporters Without Borders Press Freedom category of this year
- Teach My Celebrates Screen-Free Week April 18-24 (April 14, 2011)
Children are spending too much time with screensand it's not good for them. For this reason, Teach My is pleased to recognize Screen-Free Week!
- Dr. Bonner's launch of new book: An Ounce of Prevention (April 11, 2011)
Join us for Dr. Bonner's launch of his new book: "An Ounce of Prevention - Negotiating your way through Damage Control and Crisis Response" May 10th, 2011 5:30 PM - 7:30PM, The Toy Factory, Liberty Village, 43 Hanna Ave., Suite 41, Toronto.
- Annonce des finalistes de la troisième cérémonie annuelle de remise du Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle − secteur public (April 11, 2011)
CMA Canada et CIPFA ont le plaisir dannoncer le nom des finalistes au Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle secteur public, qui est décerné pour la troisième anné.
- Finalists announced for third annual Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector (April 11, 2011)
CMA Canada and CIPFA are pleased to announce the selection of finalists for the third annual Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector.
- CMA Canada presente le nouveau CMA magazine (April 11, 2011)
CMA Canada a procede au nouveau lancement officiel de son magazine. Sous un nouveau nom, celui-ci arbore une allure contemporaine entierement repensee et propose un contenu redactionnel moderne et concurrentiel qui stimule la reflexion.
- CMA Canada reveals the new CMA magazine (April 11, 2011)
CMA Canada has re-launched its magazine to include contemporary, competitive and thought-provoking editorial content, a fresh and bold new look, and a new name.
- IFJ to Hold Regional Meeting in Morocco over Media Reforms in Arab World and Middle East (April 11, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is organising in Casablanca, Morocco, from 12 to 14 April a regional meeting to discuss an agenda for media reforms in the Arab World and the Middle East in the wake of recent protests for political c
- IJV Demands That Canada's Mainstream Jewish Groups Condemn Spate of Racist, Anti-Democratic Laws Passed By Israeli Parliament (April 11, 2011)
IJV says that if Canada's mainstream Jewish organizations really believe in democracy, they will condemn the laws passed recently by the Israeli parliament.
- Anavex appoints Dr. Christopher Shackleton as an advisor (April 8, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) today announced the appointment of Dr. Christopher Shackleton as an advisor to the Company.
- Teach My Baby® - The Smart Baby Shower Gift - Give The Gift Of Learning! (April 8, 2011)
With baby shower season around the corner, friends & relatives will look for a baby shower gift with meaning. Why not give the gift of learning with the Teach My Baby All-In-One Learning Kit for babies 6-18 months.
- Teach My Baby® - The Smart Baby Shower Gift - Give The Gift Of Learning! (April 8, 2011)
With baby shower season around the corner, friends & relatives will look for a baby shower gift with meaning. Why not give the gift of learning with the Teach My Baby All-In-One Learning Kit for babies 6-18 months.
- Lauren Potter to speak at the 2011 Canadian Down Syndrome Society Annual (April 7, 2011)
The Canadian Down Syndrome Society is thrilled to announce that self-advocate Lauren Potter will be a keynote speaker at the 2011 Conference in Vancouver, BC! Lauren Potter plays cheerleader, Becky Jackson, from the hit television show Glee.
- New FlatJacks Chicken Snacks Launch With Contest to Win Cash, iPods, Macs and Other Flat Prizes (April 4, 2011)
After twice winning Canadian family food awards for their chicken strips, Janes Family Foods introduces FlatJacks with the Jack Be Quick contest and videos about a flat, hard-to-catch chicken.
- Egypt: Military police arrest blogger for criticizing armed forces (April 1, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders is shocked to learn that Maikel Nabil Sanad, a blogger and conscientious objector, had been arrested by the military police for allegedly defaming the armed forces in his blog.
- Honduras: Joint appeal for end to persecution of community and opposition media (April 1, 2011)
The World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters for Latin America and Caribbean and Reporters Without Borders appeal again for an end to the hostility toward community and opposition media in Honduras.
- Catch 22 - A Voter Powered Campaign to Defeat the Harper Conservatives (April 1, 2011)
A national public interest group opposing the Harper government has named 40 ridings across the country where Conservatives won by small margins and could be defeated by strategic voting.
- Anavex Screening Healthy Volunteers For Phase I, First-In-Human Clinical Study in Alzheimers Disease (March 31, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) has announced screening of the first healthy volunteers for the Phase I clinical study of ANAVEX 2-73, its lead compound for the treatment of Alzheimers disease. ANAVEX 2-73 is the first of a new
- Media Awareness Network Launches Tool to Ensure Teens are Safe and Wise Cybercitizens (March 30, 2011)
Media Awareness Network (MNet) today launched MyWorld: A digital literacy tutorial for secondary students. This engaging interactive resource helps teens develop critical thinking skills that can be applied to their online lives.
- Le Reseau Education-Medias procede au lancement d'un outil aidant les ados a devenir des cybercitoyens avises et en securite (March 30, 2011)
Le Reseau Education-Medias procede au lancement d'un outil aidant les ados a devenir des cybercitoyens avises et en securite.
- Literacy Outside the Box (March 23, 2011)
Frontier College student art show proves there is more to literacy than reading and writing
- Toronto Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist Appears on Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and Slice TV (March 22, 2011)
Debbie Papadakis, a well known Board Certified Consulting Hypnotist based in Toronto which has been gaining international media attention in publications such as Oprahs O Magazine and Canadian Business Online for years, but her continued success has
- Waterous Workers See the Light and Join the Machinists! (March 22, 2011)
Machinists expand their membership at Waterous Power Systems as parts and service personnel join Local Lodge 1722
- Anavex Receives Approval to Commence Phase I Clinical Trial in Alzheimers Disease (March 21, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) has announced that its clinical trial application (CTA) for ANAVEX 2-73, the companys lead compound for Alzheimers disease, has been approved by the German regulatory health authority, BfArM. The
- Celebrate World Down Syndrome Day, March 21, 2011 (March 18, 2011)
The Canadian Down Syndrome Society (CDSS) is proud to
celebrate World Down Syndrome Day (WDSD), March 21, 2011. WDSD is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the incredible contributions made by individuals with Down syndrome.
- Elections 2011 - New Board (March 18, 2011)
National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada - Elections 2011 - New Board
- Machinists Take Air Canada to Court!/Union says company breached Air Canada Public Participation Act (March 18, 2011)
Air Canada's largest union - IAMAW take the company to court to breaching the Air Canada Public Participation Act - tied to compasny decision to sell off aircraft overhaul centres in Montreal, Winnipeg and Mississauga - job loss 3200!
- Rescue Capsule used at the San Jose Chilean mine (March 17, 2011)
The Canada Science and Technology Museum invites members of the media to a preview of the Rescue Capsule used at the rescue of thirty-three miners at the San Jose Mine in Copiap, Chile.
- Public Health students examine the disease of Occupation, joined by founder of Physicians for Human Rights – Israel (March 17, 2011)
Graduate students from the Dalla Lana School of Public Health are calling for discussion on the ongoing occupation of Palestinian territories. The Public Health Social Justice Collective challenges medical and public health practices.
- Hamas forces attack journalists covering Gaza protest (March 16, 2011)
Hamas security forces attacked local journalists covering a peaceful demonstration calling for Palestinian national unity on Tuesday. At least one journalist was taken to the hospital after being beaten.
- Sources welcomes OrangeWebsite (March 16, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: OrangeWebsite. OrangeWebsite is an Icelandic web hosting service provider. Most of our clients are foreign journalists, bloggers, leakers and publishers.
- CanMediate Intl Gives Free Course as Fundraiser for United Way (March 15, 2011)
Fundraiser for The United Way Ottawa from CanMediate International: Discover Your Conflict Blueprint - Your RQ. An essential course for managers, HR professionals and anyone interested in dealing with conflict in a more constructive way.
- Think Green (March 14, 2011)
Just in time for St. Patrick's Day, Organize Anything has come up with a list of green tips to help stage and sell your home.
- More than 100 rights organisations urge UN to oppose defamation of religions (March 11, 2011)
More than 100 rights organisations worldwide have banded together to urge member states at the United Nations Human Rights Council session this month to renegotiate defamation of religions resolutions that make criticising religion a crime.
- In support of Israel Apartheid Week (March 11, 2011)
Rather than attacking Israel Apartheid Week, our leaders should be supporting it.
- El Fresko Technologies launches next-generation archiving and data protection solution (March 9, 2011)
El Fresko Technologies is pleased to unveil MagnaStor® FS Archiver, an archival storage solution that ensures the long-term preservation and integrity of digital information to protect organizations from corporate, legal and compliance risks. Ideal f
- International Women's Day Centenary sees largest ever activity (March 7, 2011)
March 8 sees the highest level of global women's activity ever witnessed as groups celebrate the International Women's Day centenary.
- Think Inside the Box (March 7, 2011)
Moving house can be a stressful and exhausting process. Follow these six easy steps to relieve some of the stress of the big day.
- Sources welcomes Dollars & Sense (March 7, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Dollars & Sense. Jenn Killins is a financial planning expert; speaker and media personality. She focuses on the key principles of Financial Planning, summed up by Goals, Dreams, Needs & Wants.
- NGO gains access to Guantanamo documents but double standard still prevails (March 7, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders welcomes the release of Department of Defence documents on 2 March that shed light on the Bush administrations policies on the Guantanamo Bay detention centre.
- Easy-to-Prepare Glutenfreeda Gluten-Free Oatmeal Recipe a Hit With Supermarket Guru, Phil Lempert (March 7, 2011)
Influential and Respected Food Reviewer Rates Instant Oatmeal Variety Pack from Glutenfreeda Gluten-Free Foods an 89 out of 100.
- Worms provide answer to current garbage woes (March 7, 2011)
Earth Day is around the corner. Want to learn more about how worms will help solve our garbage crisis? Worms are natures original recyclers. Red Wiggler worms are going to play an ever-increasing role in waste management and soil production.
- With Supercross Coming to Toronto March 26, Only Honda Ontario Power Dealers Are Selling Discounted Tickets (March 7, 2011)
AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, Exclusively Partners with Honda Ontario Power Dealers, Who Offer up to 30% Savings on Supercross Toronto Seats.
- If I Had Only Known - Abuse Project Engages Newcomer Communities (March 4, 2011)
Family Service Toronto has chosen the 100th anniversary of International Womens Day (March 8, 2011) to launch a series of publications for its If I Had Only Known project - a groundbreaking initiative that engages newcomer communities in the develop
- Expulsion of two Spanish journalists deals blow to freedom of expression (March 1, 2011)
Spanish journalists Paco Gómez Nadal and Pilar Chato agreed under pressure to be repatriated yesterday, after being arrested during a demonstration by indigenous groups outside the parliament building in Panama City in protest against a mining law.
- Muscling in on the media a Reporters Without Borders look at organized crime (March 1, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders has released a thematic report on what is now the single biggest threat to media freedom organized crime.
- Anavex appoints Dr. Jeffrey Cummings to its Scientific Advisory Board (March 1, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. has announced the appointment of Dr. Jeffrey Cummings to the Scientific Advisory Board as a clinical expert. The Scientific Advisory Board works closely with the company to support development of the Anavex product pipeline
- The Sticking Point (February 28, 2011)
A client finds her "sticking point" - the point when she's organizing where she can't move forward.
- The Three Levels of Leadership (February 28, 2011)
One of the challenges many managers and leaders face is in understanding the distinctions between levels of leadership. Though there is a common basis of theory and practice, the requirements of tactical leadership are quite different from those
- Get Ready To Read With Teach My Preschooler & Read Across America! (February 26, 2011)
Teach My Preschooler, the newest award winning all-in-one learning kit from Teach My uses a combined approach to encourage early reading & parent child interaction.
- FOCAL to launch new Mapping Migration from the Americas website (February 24, 2011)
The Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL), in partnership with the International Migration Research Centre (IMRC), has developed interactive, web-based maps to display information about the flow of temporary foreign workers from Latin America
- Anavex appoints Dr. Rachelle Doody to Scientific Advisory Board (February 23, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) has announced the appointment of Dr. Rachelle Doody to the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) as a clinical expert. The SAB works closely with the company to support development of the Anavex product
- 30 Extra Technicians and Assembly Line Workers at Solgate Inc. (February 22, 2011)
Due to a dramatic increase of demand from both distributors and investors, Solgate Inc. hired 30 technicians and machine operators to join their team and add a second 8 hour shift to try and meet the increasing demand for solar panels.
- Tip, Tip, Tip (February 21, 2011)
Do you ever wonder if you are over-tipping or under-tipping, or be tipping at all? You are not alone. Lots of people are unsure how much to tip the bell hop or the tour guide. They usually end up tipping way too much or not enough.
- New Kingsway Arms Agreement Considered a Gem! (February 18, 2011)
retirement care workers in Bowmanville, Ontario east of Toronto now have IAM pension plan plus improvement in other benefit areas.
- Messier-Dowty Machinists Ratify New Deal! (February 18, 2011)
All job classifications at aircraft landing manufacturer now protected under new agreement with IAMAW.
- Machinists Break New Ground with Moduline! (February 18, 2011)
reduced work week for senior members age 55 orlder or those with 30 or more years service employed by BC modular home builder..first in BC
- Boart Longyear May Implement HPWO in New Deal! (February 18, 2011)
Early negotiations produce new 3 year deal with possible implementation of HPWO programme and more jobs in North Bay Ontario.
- Glutenfreeda Granola Recipe Earns Top Ranking With Real Simple Magazine Taste Test (February 17, 2011)
Manufacturers of quality gluten-free foods are delighted that respected magazine, Real Simple, agrees their product is delicious.
- Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Identifies Hot Sector Trends in Franchising for 2011 (February 16, 2011)
A recent analysis of emerging trends in franchising by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca) provides a glimpse at the hottest sectors for 2011.
- Canadas Largest All-Franchise Show Comes to Toronto February 26 & 27, 2011 (February 16, 2011)
Produced by the Canadian Franchise Association, The Franchise Show exclusively features CFA member franchise systems, many of which are the biggest names in a variety of industries from retail and restaurants to automotive repair and home services.
- Anavex adds Dr. Paul Aisen to Scientific Advisory Board (February 16, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (OTCBB: AVXL) has announced the appointment of Dr. Paul Aisen to the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) as a clinical expert. The SAB works closely with the company to support development of the Anavex product pipeline
- Anavex strengthens management team with addition of VP, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs (February 16, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) announced the addition of Dr. Angelos Stergiou to the executive management team in the role of Vice President, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs. Dr. Stergiou has extensive medical and clinical
- Sources welcomes Château des Charmes Wines (February 15, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Château des Charmes Wines. Founded in 1978 by Canadian wine industry visionary, Paul Bosc, this family winery continues to innovate with pioneering viticultural research.
- Sources welcomes Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (February 15, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Plan A Dream Vacation (February 15, 2011)
We dream of travel in February and Organize Anything has come up with 5 easy tips and ideas to think about when planning your dream vacation.
- IFIC Announces Changes to Its Statistics Reporting (February 14, 2011)
TORONTO The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) today announced changes to its mutual fund statistics reporting that will provide investors with relevant and timely information related to asset classes and Canadian Investment Funds Standard
- Social Media drives wine sales to raise charitable funds (February 14, 2011)
Queens Quay LCBO store was the site for a cheque presentation to Meal Exchange Executive Director Dave Kranenburg. $13,000 was raised through bottle sales of Generation Seven wine, a new label from Niagara wine industry pioneer Chteau des Charmes.
- Roll Call of Loss and Tragedy Continues, Says IFJ Report of Media staff Killed in 2010 (February 11, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today published the full report of journalists and media staff killed during 2010, saying that 94 media fatalities last year demonstrate the increasing risks facing journalists around the globe.
- Jenny Peto speaks at UBC, downtown Vancouver on Palestinian rights, threats to academic freedom (February 11, 2011)
Jenny Peto, whose Master's thesis was attacked in the Ontario legislature for being anti-semitic, is speaking in Vancouver on Fri. at UBC and Sat. at SFU Harbour Centre on the growing threats to academic freedom around Israel and Palestine.
- Northern bishop to speak at Alexandria-Cornwall parishes, schools Feb. 12-20 (February 10, 2011)
Bishop Reynald Rouleau, O.M.I., of Chuchill-Hudson Bay, to speak at Diocese of Alexandria-Cornwall parishes and schools Feb. 12-20, 2011.
- Independent Jewish Voices Joins Call for Global Protest (February 10, 2011)
Calls for women of the world to unite behind the popular resistance of Palestinian women in defence of their land, rights and dignity
- Internet assault on investigative journalist (February 9, 2011)
A far-right wing group in Uruguay has mounted an Internet attack of intimidation on a journalist who specializes in investigations into the crimes of the dictatorship that ran the country between 1973 and 1985.
- Canadian Music Week - Media-Marketing & Promotion Panel - Beyond 3.0 (February 9, 2011)
Momentum Media Marketing's Peter Diemer to moderate Canadian Music Week panel.
- IFJ Condemns Internet Censorship in Jordan (February 9, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists today accused the Jordanian government of stifling calls for democratic change after the country's intelligence service disabled a news website & removed a letter to the King demanding political reforms.
- How Sweet It Is (February 9, 2011)
Beat the winter blahs by hosting a dessert party! These simple tips will ensure you host the soiree of the season and provide a great pick-me-up for you and all your friends.
- IFIC Supports the Recommendations Outlined in the Report of the Task Force on Financial Literacy (February 9, 2011)
Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) President & CEO Joanne De Laurentiis issued a statement today supporting the report of the national Task Force on Financial Literacy Canadians and Their Money: Building a Brighter Financial Future.
- IFJ Condemns Return to State Censorship after Journalist's Expulsion in Russia (February 8, 2011)
The international Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today accused Russia of stepping back into the shadows of censorship and political intolerance after The Guardian's Moscow correspondent Luke Harding was expelled from the country.
- IFJ Highlights Media Safety Crisis at International Conference on Somalia in UK (February 8, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today called on representatives of the international community to give priority to measures to protect journalists in Somalia.
- Sources welcomes Teach My (February 8, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Teach My.
- Sources welcomes Yves Potvin (February 8, 2011)
Sources welcomes a new member: Yves Potvin, President and Founder of Garden Protein Int., Entrepreneur, Category Innovator.
- Teach My Preschooler® New All-In-One Preschool Learning Kit To Be Showcased At NY Toy Fair 2011 (February 8, 2011)
Get Ready To Read, Write, Count to 100, Add & Subtract, All In One Kit! Teach My, www.teachmy.com, makers of award-winning all-in-one learning kits is showcasing its newest kit, Teach My Preschooler at New York Toy Fair, Feb 13-16, 2011
- Jenny Peto speaks in Vancouver on Ontario furore over her Masters thesis, defends academic freedom, right to criticize Israel (February 7, 2011)
Jenny Peto, whose Master's thesis was attacked in the Ontario legislature for being anti-semitic, is speaking in Vancouver on Sat., Feb. 12 as part of a panel discussing growing threats to academic freedom and free speech by supporters of Israel.
- Journalists under physical assault in Egypt (February 3, 2011)
Supporters of President Hosni Mubarak have begun violently attacking journalists reporting on the streets of Cairo today, a shift in tactics from recent media censorship.
- International media does not escape violence unleashed by Mubarak supporters (February 3, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders unreservedly condemns todays shocking attacks on BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN, Al-Arabiya and ABC News journalists by Mubarak supporters who were reportedly accompanied by plainclothes police.
- Jewish human rights group welcomes democratic upsurge in Egypt (February 3, 2011)
Independent Jewish Voices Canada views the ongoing uprising of the Egyptian people against the dictatorial regime of President Hosni Mubarak as a positive development for Egypt and the rest of the Middle East.
- Vancouver Image & Etiquette Expert joins Stephen M. R. Covey, Brian Tracy & Tom Hopkins in New Book! (February 1, 2011)
Success experts Stephen M. R. Covey, Brian Tracy, Tom Hopkins and Kimberly Law along with other industry leaders share their secrets for success in Bushido Business, just launched. Vancouver Image Expert, Kimberly Law has already had great feedback
- Teach My Preschooler New All-In-One Kit Makes Home Preschooling A Snap! (January 31, 2011)
Get Ready To Read, Write, Count to 100, Add & Subtract, All In One Kit! Teach My Preschooler is the newest all-in-one learning kit from Teach My. With long wait lists and tightened budgets, many parents will choose to home preschool this year.
- Don't Get Stuck in a Groundhog Day of Bad Habits (January 31, 2011)
Seven easy steps to streamlining your home office.
- CPRS Announces Newly Accredited Public Relations Professionals (January 28, 2011)
CPRS welcomes 21 accredited members from across Canada in 2010
- Canadian Mushroom Farmers Donate $60,000 to the Breast Cancer Society of Canada (January 27, 2011)
Mushrooms Go PINK! Canadian mushroom growers and their employees are justifiably proud of their donation of $61,129 to the Breast Cancer Society of Canada, exceeding their fundraising goal by 150%.
- The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) Welcomes Five New Members to the College of Fellows (January 26, 2011)
The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is pleased to announce five new members to the College of Fellows.
- Dynamic downtown Toronto venue to celebrate one year of arts and culture for peace and justice (January 25, 2011)
Beit Zatoun ( House of Olive), an art gallery and culture space in downtown Toronto, is celebrating its first anniversary! Already, Beit Zatoun has made its mark on the landscape, having been adopted by Toronto's activist and culture community.
- Jewish solidarity group condemns attacks on synagogues, school and mosque (January 21, 2011)
Attacks on all religious and ethnic groups must be condemned.
- Organize Anything Top 10 Organizing Products 2011 (January 20, 2011)
The 2011 Organize Anything Top 10 List has been released! Check out the list of our "must haves" for 2011.
- The Law of Subtraction (January 20, 2011)
Seven easy steps to make more time in your life.
- Dernier appel de candidatures pour le Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle secteur public de 2011 (January 18, 2011)
La Société des comptables en management du Canada (CMA Canada) et le Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) font un dernier appel de candidatures pour le Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle secteur public, qui est
- CMA Canada and CIPFA announce final call for nominations for the 2011 Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector (January 18, 2011)
CMA Canada and CIPFA has announced a final call for nominations for the third annual Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, February 18, 2011.
- Anavex comments on President Obamas signing of National Alzheimers Project Act into law (January 18, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. ("ANAVEX") (OTCBB: AVXL) today commented on President Obamas signing of the National Alzheimers Project Act (NAPA) into law. The passage of this landmark legislation lays the foundation for the first coordinated national
- Il y a des centaines de raisons darrêter de fumer
Quelle est la vôtre ? (January 17, 2011)
La Semaine nationale sans fumée (SNSF) a lieu du 16 au 22 janvier 2011
- There are hundreds of reasons to quit
whats yours? (January 17, 2011)
January 16 22 is National Non-Smoking Week (NNSW) 2011
- Citizenship and Immigration cuts to racialized organizations are unconscionable (January 12, 2011)
NARCC condemns the cuts to community organizations by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada. The cuts to organizations that specifically serve racialized newcomers to
Canada in Toronto, Ontario are unwarranted.
- Complexity Made Simple: HR Enters the Dragons Den at Conference 2011 (January 12, 2011)
Vancouver - The role of HR in business has evolved. In fact as the key connection between People, Passion and Profit grows more apparent the HRevolution is well under way. What is emerging is a new HR: professionally-designated, strategic, and potent
- Mushrooms Go PINK for breast cancer (January 12, 2011)
Canadian mushroom farmers making contribution to the Breast Cancer Society of Canada from every pound of mushrooms sold September 13 to November 15, 2010. Cheque presentation taking place Monday January 17
- Small Steps, Big Changes (January 12, 2011)
Tackling big projects can be daunting. We've come up with some tips and tricks on how to break a project down and take it one step at a time.
- Justice department ordered Twitter to hand over details of users linked to WikiLeaks (January 11, 2011)
Reporters Without Borders deplores the US Department of Justices apparent determination to prosecute WikiLeaks and its leading supporters.
- IFJ Reports Heavy Media Loss to Violence after 97 Journalists Died in 2010 (January 11, 2011)
The International Federation of Journalists warns that journalists and media personnel remain prime targets for political extremists, gangsters and terrorists as it announced that at least 94 journalists and media personnel who were killed in 2010.
- New Online Business for Those On Gluten-Free Diet Launches with Win 4 Weeks of Gluten-Free Meals Contest (January 11, 2011)
Now anyone interested in a gluten-free diet can sign up to win 4 weeks of healthy, gluten-free meals. 30 lucky winners will be selected by livefreeda.com: 10 in February, 10 in March, 10 in April!
- Alzheimers Weekly names ANAVEX 2-73 the number one most promising trial drug in Alzheimers disease and Anavexs Phase I clinical program as Trial o (January 11, 2011)
ANAVEX 2-73 has been named 2010s most promising trial drug by the editorial staff at Alzheimers Weekly.
- Anavex files Phase I regulatory submission for ANAVEX 2-73 in Alzheimers disease (January 11, 2011)
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. has filed regulatory submission for ANAVEX 2-73 with the German Health Authority, BfArM, and the local Ethics Committee of Saxony to begin clinical studies for ANAVEX 2-73, its lead compound for the treatment of Alzheimer