Include yourself in SOURCES®
The Media’s Guide to Experts and Spokespersons
What’s the best way to get media attention?
By being found in SOURCES®, the media’s guide to experts, spokespersons and news sources.
At SOURCES, we’ve been helping organizations, companies, institutions, and individuals get media attention for more than 40 years.
How? By providing journalists with great sources and story ideas – for TV, radio, print and online. When you are in SOURCES the media know you are a source they can call.
Where do the media find their Sources?
SOURCES.COM is the Internet portal for journalists, reporters, editors, and researchers. The Sources directory has been a staple of newsrooms and freelance journalists’ desks for decades. SOURCES is the place journalists go to find the experts and spokespersons they need for their stories.
At SOURCES.COM they also get
news releases as they appear, newsworthy events in the
Sources Calendar, top news stories from around the world, and the power of the SOURCES INTELLIGENT SEARCH system.
How can Sources help you get media coverage?
When you are in Sources, you ensure that the media will find you when they do stories about your areas of expertise.
Positive media coverage is the most credible form of publicity there is. Unlike paid advertising and other forms of marketing, media coverage is earned and grows directly out of what you do and what you know. It spotlights your successes and establishes your brand.
Media coverage is the most cost-effective form of marketing, because a single news story or TV spot about you can reach tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of people.
What does your Sources membership include?
- Full media profile in Sources. Sample profiles: #1 – #2 – #3
- Free unlimited news releases.
- Free unlimited event calendar postings.
- List yourself under 40 or more subject areas. You will appear under all topics related to your expertise.
Sample Topic pages:
- Promote your publications and authors on the Sources Bookshelf and Sources Newsstand and the Author and Speaker spotlight pages. Sample Book & Newsstand pages:
- Use video clips to enhance your profile and allow hosts and producers to preview you on camera. Sample video from Sources member: #1 –
- Special rates for optional single- or multi-user subscriptions to Media Names & Numbers, the comprehensive online directory of Canada’s media.
Get SOURCES working for you
Memberships start at $349/year for organizations and
businesses and $288/year for
Sources is the tool that helps journalists find knowledgeable
experts and sources. Use Sources to reach the media with your message,
send out news releases, publicize your events, raise your profile,
spotlight your expertise, and get publicity. Sources.com is used by
reporters and the news media, and also by the public to find reliable
information and proven professionals, practitioners, and businesses.
More information here; membership form here.