Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- American Jews Stand Against the U.S. Embassy Move and Israels Mass Killing of Protesters in Gaza (May 16, 2018)
This is the ongoing Nakba: Celebrating the annexation of Jerusalem while gunning down Palestinian protesters
- CJPME Condemns Israeli Shooting of Canadian Doctor, Slaughter of Gaza Protesters (May 16, 2018)
Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East (CJPME) condemns Israels shooting of London, ON based doctor Tarek Loubani, shot while attending the wounded in Gaza.
- IJV Canada statement on the 70th Anniversary of the Nakba (May 16, 2018)
Let this latest string of massacres be a wake up call to the world. We call on Canadians, and fellow Jewish Canadians in particular, to join us not only in acknowledging and mourning the Nakba, but in doing all that we can to put an end to it.
- Thirteen journalists injured in bloody repression of Gaza protests (May 16, 2018)
Thirteen journalists covering protests in Gaza were injured on Monday, 14 May when Israeli military opened fire on Palestinian protesters along the Gaza border.
- Help wanted from Canadian Mothers, for Mothers in Malawi (April 30, 2018)
Its easy for Canadian mothers to find proper health care for themselves and their children. In Malawi, it is not. Pregnant women will walk for hours or days to reach a health facility or camp out beside one, so they have a safe place to give birth
- Our Statement on Syria (April 24, 2018)
VOW condemns the devastating attack on Syria
- Palestine: MSF teams in Gaza observe unusually severe and devastating gunshot injuries (April 21, 2018)
MSF medical staff report receiving patients with devastating injuries of an unusual severity, which are extremely complex to treat.
- Their Internet or Ours? (April 21, 2018)
The Internet, at one time a free & open space for sharing information & ideas, has been privatized & twisted to serve the profit-making agenda of huge corporations, working hand-in-glove with governments which want to suppress opposition & criticism.
- IJV deeply concerned about politically-motivated firing (April 16, 2018)
Independent Jewish Voices Canada (IJV) is deeply concerned about the firing of Kevin Metcalf, a staff person at Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE), following a statement he issued in the name of the organization condemning recent attack
- Creating a worldwide Nakba 70th anniversary community thorough Action (April 11, 2018)
With the 70th anniversary of the Deir Yassin Massacre on April 9, and especially with Gaza's heroic "Great March of Return" leading to May 15, the world's attention is being drawn to the Nakba like never before. To mark Nakba Day, nakba70action.org
- Disability and Immigration Rights Groups Call on Immigration Minister to Do the Right Thing (April 11, 2018)
Advocates are calling on Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen to do the right thing: repeal sections of the Immigration Act that deny permanent residency to an entire family if a member of the family is sick or has a disability.
- Action this Thursday, City allowing respite spaces to be lost (April 10, 2018)
City allowing respite spaces to be lost despite shelters being full and directive from council to maintain respite capacity
- Palestine: IFJ demands justice following the killing of a journalist in Gaza (April 9, 2018)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joined its affiliate, the Palestinian Journalists Syndicate (PJS), in condemning the killing of Palestinian photojournalist Yasir Murtaja and the wounding of at least 7 more journalists in Gaza.
- The Isolation of Julian Assange Must Stop (April 2, 2018)
We call on the government of Ecuador to allow Julian Assange his right of freedom of speech.
- Thousands Marching In Gaza (March 31, 2018)
In Gaza, thousands are marching -- one of the many unarmed actions planned over 45 days which will build through May 15, when Palestinians mark 70 years since hundreds of thousands were made refugees during the war of 1948.
- India: Two journalists killed in 24 hours (March 31, 2018)
Sandeep Sharma and Naveen Nishchal were both killed in separate vehicle incidents in India on Monday, March 26. The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliate the National Union of Journalists (India) condemn the killings
- China: Human Rights activist detained for six months without charge (March 31, 2018)
Since September 2017, human rights activist Zhen Jianghua has been in police detention and his lawyer Ren Quanniu has been denied access to his client. The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) demand the immediate release of Zhen Jianghua.
- Malaysian government tables 'Anti-Fake News' bill (March 31, 2018)
International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate the National Union of Journalists; Peninsular Malaysia (NUJM) in criticizing the so-called anti-fake new bill and the heavy penalties.
- UN call to stop attacks on Palestinian journalists (March 31, 2018)
The IFJ has welcomed calls by United Nations Special Rapporteur Michael Lynk that freedom of the media and the rights of journalists must be respected and that Israel should stop targeting Palestinian journalists.
- There's No Such Thing As "Free" Preschool Say Day Care Operators (March 29, 2018)
Ontario's independent licensed child care centres question whether the Liberal Government's latest election promise-- "free" preschool --will actually benefit families, or just result in more centre closures, higher taxes and greater government debt
- Looking for answers, creating alternatives - Connexions Other Voices March 25, 2018 (March 25, 2018)
The March 25, 2018 issue of Other Voices, the Connexions newsletter, features people who are questioning and challenging the way the world works and trying to create better alternatives.
- Recognizing World Water Day 2018 (March 22, 2018)
2018 marks the 25th anniversary of World Water Day held every year by the United Nations and recognized by millions around the Globe.
- Richard McGowan Executive Director Emmanuel International Canada congratulates the Finance Minister Hon. Bill Morneau and the Federal Government of Ca (March 1, 2018)
Richard McGowan Executive Director Emmanuel International Canada congratulates the Finance Minister Bill Morneau and the Federal Government of Canadas commitment announced in the 2018 Federal Budget to increase investment in international assistan
- Emmanuel International Canada Celebrates World NGO Day (February 28, 2018)
Emmanuel International Canada Celebrates World NGO Day. World NGO Day to raise awareness and recognize the importance of the NGOs worldwide.
- Betty Peterson Leaves a Legacy of Peacework (February 27, 2018)
It is with great sadness and immense appreciation of her contribution to peace and justice that we let you know of the peaceful passing of our mentor, inspiration and grandmother with a hug, 100 year-old Betty Peterson. Long-time Nova Scotia
- VOW Demands Peaceful Resolution for the Crisis in North Korea (February 27, 2018)
Re: Worsening humanitarian and human rights impacts of UN sanctions on the DPRK. To Honourable Members of UN 1718 Sanctions Committee (DPRK). This letter comes to you from the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) and
- Hearts and Minds: How Do People Change? (February 19, 2018)
Hearts & Minds: How do people change? Feb 17 Connexions Other Voices asks How can we reach the millions we need to reach and engage if fundamental change is to happen? See http://www.connexions.org/Media/CXNL-2018-02-17.htm
- Emmanuel International Canada (EIC) is taking part in the nation-wide celebration of International Development. (February 9, 2018)
Emmanuel International Canada (EIC) is taking part in the nation-wide celebration of International Development. Established 27 years ago by Global Affairs Canada, International Development Week (IDW) is a tradition unique to Canada.
- Media Release - IFIC Announces New Senior Management Appointments (January 24, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 24, 2018 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) President and CEO Paul C. Bourque, Q.C. has announced two new appointments to IFICs senior management team Carolyn Quick to the position of Vice President, Pu
- CWF Reminds Canadians to Nominate Nature Heroes for Awards (January 23, 2018)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation reminds Canadians that its the final week to submit nominations for the national Conservation Achievement Awards. The deadline for applications is Jan. 31.
- What are we eating? asks January 21 issue of Other Voices (January 21, 2018)
What are we eating? A simple question which opens up a labyrinth of devilishly complex issues about production and distribution, access to land, control of water, prices, health and safety, migrant labour, and much else..
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2017 (January 19, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 19, 2018 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.48 trillion. AUM decreased by $6.7
- Media Release - IFIC Requests Creditor Protection for RDSP Beneficiaries (January 9, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 9, 2018 - In a submission made on January 5 to the Government of Canada, the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) requested an amendment to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act that would give beneficiaries of Registered
- IFJ welcomes lowest number of killings of journalists for a decade but warns "no room for complacency" (January 6, 2018)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) warns there is no room for complacency despite recording the lowest number of killings of journalists since 2007.
- Opening of Moss Park Armouries Necessary But Temporary Measure: More Permanent Shelter Beds Needed (January 6, 2018)
Warming centres will save lives this winter but conditions within most are appalling and they dont necessarily meet the Citys own shelter or public health standards. We need permanent beds in the downtown core and we need them now.