Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- Recognizing World Water Day 2018 (March 22, 2018)
2018 marks the 25th anniversary of World Water Day held every year by the United Nations and recognized by millions around the Globe.
- Richard McGowan Executive Director Emmanuel International Canada congratulates the Finance Minister Hon. Bill Morneau and the Federal Government of Ca (March 1, 2018)
Richard McGowan Executive Director Emmanuel International Canada congratulates the Finance Minister Bill Morneau and the Federal Government of Canadas commitment announced in the 2018 Federal Budget to increase investment in international assistan
- Emmanuel International Canada Celebrates World NGO Day (February 28, 2018)
Emmanuel International Canada Celebrates World NGO Day. World NGO Day to raise awareness and recognize the importance of the NGOs worldwide.
- Betty Peterson Leaves a Legacy of Peacework (February 27, 2018)
It is with great sadness and immense appreciation of her contribution to peace and justice that we let you know of the peaceful passing of our mentor, inspiration and grandmother with a hug, 100 year-old Betty Peterson. Long-time Nova Scotia
- VOW Demands Peaceful Resolution for the Crisis in North Korea (February 27, 2018)
Re: Worsening humanitarian and human rights impacts of UN sanctions on the DPRK. To Honourable Members of UN 1718 Sanctions Committee (DPRK). This letter comes to you from the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) and
- Hearts and Minds: How Do People Change? (February 19, 2018)
Hearts & Minds: How do people change? Feb 17 Connexions Other Voices asks How can we reach the millions we need to reach and engage if fundamental change is to happen? See http://www.connexions.org/Media/CXNL-2018-02-17.htm
- Emmanuel International Canada (EIC) is taking part in the nation-wide celebration of International Development. (February 9, 2018)
Emmanuel International Canada (EIC) is taking part in the nation-wide celebration of International Development. Established 27 years ago by Global Affairs Canada, International Development Week (IDW) is a tradition unique to Canada.
- Media Release - IFIC Announces New Senior Management Appointments (January 24, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 24, 2018 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) President and CEO Paul C. Bourque, Q.C. has announced two new appointments to IFICs senior management team Carolyn Quick to the position of Vice President, Pu
- CWF Reminds Canadians to Nominate Nature Heroes for Awards (January 23, 2018)
The Canadian Wildlife Federation reminds Canadians that its the final week to submit nominations for the national Conservation Achievement Awards. The deadline for applications is Jan. 31.
- What are we eating? asks January 21 issue of Other Voices (January 21, 2018)
What are we eating? A simple question which opens up a labyrinth of devilishly complex issues about production and distribution, access to land, control of water, prices, health and safety, migrant labour, and much else..
- Media Release - IFIC Releases Monthly Statistics for December 2017 (January 19, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 19, 2018 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) announces that for the month ending December 31, 2017, the assets under management (AUM) for the mutual funds industry totalled $1.48 trillion. AUM decreased by $6.7
- Media Release - IFIC Requests Creditor Protection for RDSP Beneficiaries (January 9, 2018)
Toronto, ON - January 9, 2018 - In a submission made on January 5 to the Government of Canada, the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) requested an amendment to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act that would give beneficiaries of Registered
- IFJ welcomes lowest number of killings of journalists for a decade but warns "no room for complacency" (January 6, 2018)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) warns there is no room for complacency despite recording the lowest number of killings of journalists since 2007.
- Opening of Moss Park Armouries Necessary But Temporary Measure: More Permanent Shelter Beds Needed (January 6, 2018)
Warming centres will save lives this winter but conditions within most are appalling and they dont necessarily meet the Citys own shelter or public health standards. We need permanent beds in the downtown core and we need them now.