Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- 108 Journalists Killed in 2013 to Test UN Day to End Impunity (December 31, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today issued a desperate appeal for governments across the world to end impunity for violence against journalists and media staff after posting 108 killings for 2013.
- IFJ Demands End Impunity' in Russia Following Memorial Day for Journalists (December 29, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has sent a message of support to its Russian affiliate, the Russian Union of Journalists (RUJ) following its annual Memorial Day which was dedicated to the memory of colleagues who have been killed.
- Malaysian government suspends critical newsweekly indefinitely (December 29, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders condemns Malaysian deputy home minister Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafars decision on 19 December to suspend the weekly magazine The Heat indefinitely for allegedly violating the terms of its print permit.
- Dont forget Liu Xiaobo, held for the past five years (December 29, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders reiterates its full support for Chinese free speech advocate Liu Xiaobo, winner of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize and his family and stresses the importance of his fight.
- Royal Thai Navy sues two journalists for quoting Reuters report (December 29, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the criminal defamation charges brought against Alan Morison, an Australian journalist based in the southwestern province of Phuket who edits the news website Phuketwan, and Chutima Sidasathian, a Thai journalist.
- Nurses campaign delays controversial patient care model (December 20, 2013)
BCNU President Debra McPherson says uncertainty continues
- A Win for Sex Workers - A Win for Safety, Equality, and Justice (December 20, 2013)
The Supreme Court of Canada has released a unanimous decision striking down all three prostitution laws, paving the way for more safety, justice and equality for sex workers in Canada.
- Toronto to Get Hypnotized for the 10th Annual World Hypnotism Day, January 4, 2014 (December 18, 2013)
Hypno Healing Institute announces they will be offering an open house and a workshop to celebrate the 10th Annual World Hypnotism Day. The public is invited to attend the event, which will be held Saturday January 4, 2014. The open house is from 1:00
- Immigration detainees re-start hunger fast; hundreds rally outside Lindsay jail (December 12, 2013)
Immigration detainees at the Centre East Correctional Centre, some of whom who have been indefinitely held for as long as seven years are calling for their release and an end to indefinite detention and maximum security incarceration.
- IFJ/EFJ Condemn Latest Attack on Greek Journalist by Golden Dawn Members (December 12, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have condemned the latest brutal attack against a Greek journalist by members of the Golden Dawn party, while also expressing concern that police
- IFJ/EFJ Concerned for Future of Staff at Ria Novosti Following Scandalous Closure (December 12, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have strongly condemned the decision of Russian President Vladimir Putin to abolish the country's state owned news agency RIA Novosti and Voice of Russ
- Opposition growing against indefinite immigration detention in Canada (December 12, 2013)
Canada has no limit on how long migrants can be held pending a deportation. When Canada cant deport migrants because of lack of travel documents or due to the political climate of home countries, these migrants become indefinitely detained.
- Ontarios Announcement to Fill the Refugee Health Gap a Win for Migrant Communities (December 10, 2013)
Health for All welcomes yesterdays announcement that Ontario will join Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, and Quebec in filling the gap left by federal cuts to refugee health care and send the federal government the bill.
- Bill to stifle flow of information poised to pass in Japan (December 4, 2013)
The Committee to Protect Journalists is gravely concerned by a new state secrets bill before the Japanese parliament, which, if passed, would broaden the government's power to determine which information can be kept secret.
- Both pro- and anti-government demonstrators threaten media (December 4, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is very worried by the harassment of TV stations by both pro- and anti-government demonstrators.
- Radio hosts murder highlights dangers for journalists (December 4, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is deeply saddened by radio journalist Joash Dignos targeted killing on 29 November in Valencia City, on the southern island of Mindanao.
- IFJ/EFJ Strongly Condemn Brutal Attacks Against Journalists in Ukraine (December 4, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have strongly condemned the brutal attacks by Ukrainian security forces against journalists covering the mass protests in Kiev.
- IFJ/FAJ Back Journalists Protest over Oppressive Media Bill in Kenya (December 4, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the Federation of African Journalists (FAJ) are giving their full backing to journalists in Kenya in their battle against a contentious Media Bill that threatens press freedom in the country.
- IFJ Denounces Israeli Forces For Targeting Group of Photographers (December 4, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has condemned the Israeli army for "deliberately targeting" a group of photographers covering skirmishes at Qalandia crossing between Jerusalem and Ramallah
- IFJ/EFJ Strongly Support Spanish Unions Against Brutal Closure of RTV Valencia (Nou) in Spain (December 4, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have strongly condemned the brutal closure, in Spain, of the public broadcaster Radio Televisio Valenciana (called Canal Nou in Valencian language)
- Spooky Business: A New Report on Corporate Espionage Against Non-profits (December 4, 2013)
Giant corporations are employing highly unethical or illegal tools of espionage against nonprofit organizations with near impunity, according to a new report by Essential Information. The report, titled Spooky Business, documents how corporations hi
- Environmental justice activists successfully shut down Line 9 construction site in Toronto (December 3, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario. At 6am this morning, members of Rising Tide Toronto successfully shut down construction for Enbridge's Line 9 pipeline in North Toronto. Five people, including two priests, locked down to equipment to prevent further work on this pr
- Environmental justice activists successfully shut down Line 9 construction site in Toronto (December 3, 2013)
At 6am this morning, members of Rising Tide Toronto successfully shut down construction for Enbridge's Line 9 pipeline in North Toronto. Five people, including two priests, locked down to equipment to prevent further work on this project.
- United Church of Canada Members Launch Campaign to Boycott Israeli Settlement Products (December 2, 2013)
The United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel (UNJPPI), a Network of United Church of Canada members and supporters, is launching a campaign in cities across Canada to boycott products made in illegal Israeli settlements.
- Purposely create turnover in your team to generate new ideas, novel perspectives, and refreshing attitudes (December 2, 2013)
We need to shuffle our teams every once in a while. Everyone gets used to working together, and this is a good thing. But its also salutary to bring in new blood and shake up existing patterns and habits.
- Porters corporate interests cant be allowed to trump public health (November 23, 2013)
The interests of corporations cannot be allowed to trump public health and safety. Pressure council to say no to jets.
- ClimateFast Vigil for Climate Action, Remember Haiyan, Protest Inaction at COP 19 (November 22, 2013)
12:30 dusk, Friday Nov 22nd, 511 Lawrence Ave. Office of Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver
Toronto climate activists will camp out today on the doorstep of Minister Joe Olivers constituency office. They are fasting in solidarity with th
- Global Media Calendar Recognizes Professional Image Consulting Worldwide (November 21, 2013)
McGraw Hill publication Chases Calendar of Events, recognizes International Image Consultant Day on November 23, 2013, sponsored by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI), to honor the science and acumen of the image
- Angel Beach Missionaries: Walking with joy for the Lord (November 21, 2013)
Two Presentation Sisters minister to 3,000 Cree First Nation people in Big River First Nation Reserve in Northern Saskatchewan
- Strong teamwork, cohesion, and a sense of satisfaction come from achieving great things together (November 18, 2013)
Last week I was involved a discussion about how to build strong teamwork and cohesion. Some of my interlocutors were convinced that adventurous activities for groups of employees are a good way to achieve this end. I dont deny that doing things
- Armed gunmen raid salvadoran human rights organization, burn archives (November 15, 2013)
Armed gunmen raid Salvadoran human rights organization Pro-Búsqueda just months after abrupt closure of Archdiocese human rights office, Tutela Legal. Human rights defenders see actions as effort to destroy war crimes documentation in light of
- Toronto woman fasting in solidarity with the people of the Philipines (November 14, 2013)
Lyn Adamson, co- chair of Canadian Voice of Women for Peace is fasting this week for climate justice in solidarity with the people of the Philipines. Adamson says I will be fasting in solidarity with Yeb Sano and all those suffering in the Phillip
- Lieutenant Governor to honour award winners from the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada (November 12, 2013)
The Honourable David C. Onley, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, will present the certificates and the medal of the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada to 12 publisher/editors of Newspapers, 2 publishers of Magazines, 5 journalists
- VOW distributes White Poppies Today (November 11, 2013)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace will distribute free White Poppies in Toronto on Monday, November 11, 2013, 5:00pm at Yonge and Dundas on the southwest corner.
- Accountability is the willingness and obligation to answer for ones decisions and actions (November 11, 2013)
Today is Remembrance Day, when we salute the sacrifices and service of veterans and those who have served in the armed forces in war and peace operations. However, it is also a time to reflect on the accountability, or lack thereof, of leaders.
- Day Care Operators Conference Will Focus On Supporting Children With Special Needs (November 6, 2013)
The Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario (ADCO) welcomes journalists to cover keynote address about how child care programs can best support children with special needs, Friday, November 8, 1:30 pm, Delta Markham
- White Poppies for Peace (November 6, 2013)
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace will distribute free White Poppies in Toronto on Monday, November 11, 2013 at Yonge and Dundas on the southwest corner.
- Greenhouse Gas Concentrations in Atmosphere Reach New Record (November 6, 2013)
The amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere reached a new record high in 2012, continuing an upward and accelerating trend which is driving climate change and will shape the future of our planet for hundreds and thousands of years.
- Reclaiming the Future: A Feminist Perspective (November 6, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) will present Reclaiming the Future: A Feminist Perspective, a 3-day conference taking place November 8 and 9th at the First Unitarian Congregation of Toronto, and 10th at Toronto Metro Hall
- Journalists are not Terrorists - Urgent Appeal of Life Sentences Given to Turkish Journalists (November 6, 2013)
Journalists are not terrorists - this is the powerful message the European Federation of Journalists is sending to the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Stand Up for Journalism Day following the life sentences given to five Turkish
- IFJ Launches New Campaign in Iraq, Pakistan and Russia to End Impunity for Violence in Journalism (November 6, 2013)
With International Day against Impunity one month away, the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has today written to the leaders of Iraq, Russia and Pakistan to urge them and their governments to address the issue of impunity for violence
- IFEX network launches 2013 International Day to End Impunity Campaign (November 6, 2013)
Today IFEX launches the third annual International Day to End Impunity campaign. And while there is a growing awareness of the problem of impunity and how it allows even exacerbates violations of human rights, the pressure needs to be kept up
- New wave of attacks on freedom of information (November 6, 2013)
With the trial of former president Mohamed Morsi and major leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood under way, Egyptian media workers are targets of attack. Freedom of information is threatened. Measures include military trials, arbitrary arrests
- India: End Funding Restraints on Organizations (November 6, 2013)
The Indian government should vigorously investigate allegations that officials are using the law on foreign contributions to repress groups critical of the government. The government should amend the 2010 Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act
- Saudi journalist detained over outspoken newspaper columns (November 6, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the detention of Tariq al-Mubarak, a blogger and columnist who writes for the London-based Saudi newspaper Asharq al-Awsat. He has been held by the Criminal Investigation Department for the past four days.
- IFJ/FAJ Stand by Journalists against a Draconian Media Bill in Kenya (November 6, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the Federation of African Journalists (FAJ) today have brought their support to the journalists' fraternity in Kenya against a draconian media bill voted by the national assembly.
- Court strips national news agency of its licence (November 6, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is appalled by a Moscow courts decision today to grant a request by the Federal Agency for the Supervision of Communications, Roskomnadzor, for the withdrawal of the news agency Rosbalts licence
- Another journalist murdered a month before general elections (November 6, 2013)
The bullet-riddled body of Manuel Murillo Varela, a young freelance cameraman, was found in Tegucigalpa yesterday, exactly four months after journalist Anibal Barrows abduction and murder.
- canfitpro Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show supports the Greater Vancouver Food Bank (November 4, 2013)
Join us for this two day event at the Vancouver Convention Center. You can expect a high energy event full of fitness experts, product demos, workouts, and incredible savings from local and national vendors.
- Use drills to make critical procedures second nature (November 4, 2013)
The military has learned the hard way what any highly successful leader or artist has learned, that we need to develop the muscle memory or basic drills and routines to the point where they become a habit, regardless of circumstances.
- canfitpro supports CPR Awareness Month with accessible courses (November 1, 2013)
With 1 in 3 people being affected by Heart Disease in North America the chances of you being involved in an emergency situation are very high. Knowing how to react correctly in that situation has the potential to save a life and it could be yours!
- ILO Finds Harper Tories Guilty of Breaking International Law (Again) (October 31, 2013)
ILO says the Harper government is guilty of contravening ILO conventions on Freedom of Association, The right to Organize and Collective Bargaining in its Bill c-33, Protecting Air Services Act of March 2012.
- Crowd-pleasing Line-up at Markham Charity Music Concert (October 29, 2013)
Participation House, Markham announces its 2013 Students Helping Students Charity Music Concert Friday, November 8, 2013 at the FLATO Markham Theatre 171 Town Centre Blvd. Markham.
- Like water, find a way to infiltrate your competitions defenses (October 28, 2013)
Infiltration is one of the most effective military manoeuvres for getting into the enemys defences by sneaking in small parties to raid and built up forces for a surprise strike.
- The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Helps Small Businesses Become National Brands (October 25, 2013)
CFAs How To Franchise Your Business Seminar in Toronto on November 4 guides entrepreneurs to become successful franchisors
- Canadians Can Become Small Business Owners Through Franchising (October 25, 2013)
With over 40 franchise opportunities and experts, aspiring entrepreneurs can find out how at The Franchise Show in Vancouver on November 2 & 3, 2013
- International Investment Funds Discuss How to Serve Investors Amid Increased Regulation, New Opportunities (October 24, 2013)
TORONTO, ON OCTOBER 24, 2013 Leaders of the US$27.4 trillion global investment fund industry gathered in New Orleans this week to consider how to serve investors better in a world with new regulatory challenges and increased opportunities.
- NEB Hearings start in Toronto today, here's what they won't be hearing (October 16, 2013)
A banner drop and a series of gagged protestors demonstrated what is being left out of the National Energy Board (NEB) hearings that are taking place this week in Toronto. The subject of the hearings is Enbridge's Line 9 reversal and expansion propos
- Be prepared to move fast to take advantage of opportunities (October 14, 2013)
Business opportunities often go unexploited because companies and their leaders are not in a position to decide and act quickly. Ive written about this in my book Brilliant Manoeuvres, but here is a quick list you can use as an aide-mémoire or to
- Six Down, Four To Go! Dermatologists Happy to Welcome Ontarion Tanning Ban (October 10, 2013)
Third times the charm for the Ontario tanning legislation and the Canadian Dermatology Association couldnt be happier with the news.
- 122 Nurses Replaced by Care Aides in Victoria (October 8, 2013)
BCNU President Debra McPherson says patient care will suffer
- Battle friction and uncertainty with simplicity and individual initiative (October 8, 2013)
In the army, we always tried to keep our plans and their execution as simple as possible. There are two main reasons for this. First, the friction and uncertainty of any undertaking is directly proportional to the complexity of its implementation. Th
- Canadians Can Become Small Business Owners Through Franchising (October 7, 2013)
With over 100 franchise opportunities and experts, aspiring entrepreneurs can find out how at The Franchise Show in Toronto on October 19 & 20, 2013
- The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) Helps Small Businesses Become National Brands (October 7, 2013)
CFAs How To Franchise Your Business Seminar in Toronto on October 24 guides entrepreneurs to become successful franchisors
- La Semaine nationale de la sécurité scolaire : foyers heureux, écoles saines, enfants en bonne santé (October 3, 2013)
À loccasion de la Semaine nationale de la sécurité scolaire qui aura lieu cette année du 17 au 23 octobre, le Conseil canadien de la sécurité tient que les écoles sont des communautés denfants. Les enfants qui sont soucieux de leur sant
- National School Safety Week: Healthy Homes, Healthy Kids, Healthy Schools (October 3, 2013)
Children who are mindful of health and safety can have significant influence among their peers, and help to foster healthy school communities.A healthy lifestyle includes getting enough exercise, eating balanced and nutritious meals, and developing h
- 109 MPs sign CLIMATE PLEDGE, ClimateFasters close with Vigil on Day of Nonviolence (October 2, 2013)
ClimateFast committed to push Government for action on Climate Change. More MPs and citizens sign on.
- Media Release - IFIC Launches New Website (October 1, 2013)
Toronto, ON The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has launched a new bilingual, accessible website, dedicated to providing industry insights and perspectives and in-depth, high-quality research findings from around the world
- Beyond Traditional Conflict Management (October 1, 2013)
The crisis that has been brewing as the US government approaches a shutdown of non-essential operations on October 1st shows that flexibility and compromise are required in negotiation in order to resolve conflicts.
- Concentrate Your Forces for the Main Effort (September 30, 2013)
There's a fine balance to strike between trying new things, staying on top of evolving products, markets, and technology, while concentrating forces for the main effort. That main effort should always be based on the company's core strength, the cent
- ClimateFast Delivers Wake-Up Call to Harper (September 27, 2013)
As IPCC findings are released ClimateFasters march to 24 Sussex to urge Harper to return Parliament to address this crisis. "You can't prorogue Climate Change, Mr. Harper!"
- ClimateFast Brings IPCC Message Home To Harper (September 25, 2013)
We have five minutes to midnight. This is a climate emergency and we have to take action immediately.
- Industry Leaders Gather to Explore Global (September 24, 2013)
Toronto, ON International experts and Canadian industry leaders will provide insights into the growing impact that developments in foreign jurisdictions are having on Canadas investment funds industry at The Investment Funds
- The moral is to the physical as three is to one. Napoleon (September 23, 2013)
Apple just launched its iPhone 5S and 5C. If ever we needed an example of how moral i.e., psychological factors can outweigh physical, material factors in business, then this is it.
- Massive eavesdropping in Europe: international NGOs urge the Assembly to support the resolution (September 20, 2013)
international NGOs urge the Assembly to support the resolution Massive eavesdropping in Europe
- Investigative journalist gagged from speaking about his trial (September 20, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is deeply troubled by a recent gag order placed on American investigative journalist Barrett Brown and his defense team, as he faces prosecution for charges related to his work.
- ClimateFast Returns to Parliament Hill on Int'l Day of Peace - Hungry For Climate Justice (September 20, 2013)
ClimateFast kicks off 12-day Fast and Vigil for Climate Justice on Parliament Hill with Opening Ceremony Sept. 21 @ 7 PM - Momentum building - as more Canadians and groups sign on!
- ClimateFast returns to Parliament Hill, Sept. 21 Oct. 2, 2013 (September 12, 2013)
Fasters, Hungry for Climate Leadership, return to Parliament Hill to press Government for action on Climate Change
- All organizations need strategy (September 9, 2013)
ALL organizations need strategy, whether they are big or small, in the private sector or public sector, profit or not for profit. Whether its in the military, business, government, or social sector, strategy is about asking and answering fundament
- Science of Mediumship Event (September 7, 2013)
Science and the afterlife meet at an event where author and afterlife researcher Donna Smith-Moncrieffe shares the findings from her recently released book, Medium7. Experience spirit inspired readings from three of Canada's renowned mediums.
- Merchant Navy Veterans Day of Remembrance Ceremony (September 6, 2013)
Merchant Navy Veterans Day of Remembrance Ceremony. September 8, 2013, National War Monument, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Join us as we recognize the contributions and sacrifice of the Canadian Merchant Navy.
- Le Conseil canadien de la sécurité et Bridgestone lancent un site-ressource sur la sécurité au volant à l'intention des adolescents et des parent (September 4, 2013)
Le Conseil canadien de la sécurité s'est associé à Bridgestone Americas, Inc. pour créer le site Web www.teensdrivesmart.ca.
- CSC and Bridgestone launch safe driving resource for teens, parents (September 4, 2013)
The Canada Safety Council has partnered with Bridgestone Americas, Inc. to launch www.teensdrivesmart.ca.
- Syria: MSF statements should not be used to justify military action (August 30, 2013)
MSF today warned that its medical information could not be used as evidence to certify the precise origin of the exposure to a neurotoxic agent nor to attribute responsibility.
- Fraser Health Authority cutting mental health services (August 29, 2013)
Evening clinics will be phased out beginning September 1st in at least six centres Surrey, Langley, New Westminster,Tri Cities, White Rock and Burnaby
- Nurses Demand Release of Analysis of New Care-model Impacts on Patients (August 28, 2013)
VIHA's refusal to disclose evidence triggers FOI request targeting evaluations of impacts on patient safety and health outcomes
- Historic convention to create largest private-sector union gets underway this weekend (August 28, 2013)
The founding convention to create a new union Unifor uniting more than 300,000 members from two of Canadas largest unions will be held Aug. 31st and Sept. 1st at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
- Infiltration is a potent tactic on the battlefield and in business (August 26, 2013)
Companies often fail to appreciate the indidious undermining of their once-solid positions by a steady stream of competitors and their slightly improved or differentiated products.
- Egypt Post Muslim Brotherhood and the Army (August 22, 2013)
What Future for Egypt? Dr. Gouda Abdelkahleq will be speaking about current events in Egypt at Beit Zatoun in Toronto.
- Lengthy prison term for Bradley Manning (August 21, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders condemned the 35-year prison sentence meted out today to U.S. Army Private Bradley Manning on charges including 10 counts of espionage and theft.
- Awan Grandmother facing deportation despite physicians warnings about her heart condition (August 21, 2013)
Mrs. Khurshid Begum Awan was informed today that she will be deported August 21 at 6pm. Canadian Border Service Agency (CBSA) agent Normand Lespérance issued the new ultimatum to the grandmother despite warnings from medical experts that her heart
- Toronto community agencies need more support to serve undocumented residents (August 21, 2013)
Social Planning Toronto has released a report on challenges faced by community agencies and organizations serving undocumented immigrants in the city. The report shows that the need for support and the lack of formal organizational policies
- UK governments culpable persecution of Guardian (August 21, 2013)
We are deeply shocked by the British governments culpable persecution of the Guardians journalists, Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Christophe Deloire said today.
- Snowden journalist Glenn Greenwalds partner detained at Heathrow (August 21, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is outraged that US journalist Glen Greenwalds Brazilian partner David Miranda was detained and questioned for 9 hours at Londons Heathrow airport under the UKs Terrorism Act, and that his mobile phone, laptop
- Another journalist shot dead in Guatemala, fourth this year (August 21, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders and the CERIGUA Journalists Observatory condemn regional TV journalist Carlos Alberto Orellana Chávezs murder yesterday fifty kilometers away from Mazatenango.
- IFJ/EFJ Call for Anti-Terrorism Law Review After Attacks on Freedom of British Media (August 21, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have joined the National Union of Journalists (UK and Ireland), in condemning the detention of David Miranda and the destruction of doucments
- IFJ Condemns Killing of Egyptian Journalist in Damanhur (August 21, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists has condemned the killing on Monday night, 19 August, of Egyptian daily Al Ahram''s bureau regional chief, Tamer Abdel Raouf, shot by soldiers at an army check point
- Toronto-based Master Hypnotist and Trainer Reaches a Milestone Teaching her 60th Professional Hypnosis Training Class (August 19, 2013)
Debbie Papadakis, Certified Master Hypnotist, Trainer & Founding Director of Hypno Healing Institute, Toronto based Hypnosis Clinic & School, teaches her 60th class in Professional Hypnosis Certification Training.
- School buses back on roads (August 19, 2013)
Drivers, prepare to stop back-to-school season is here! The Canada Safety Council would like to remind motorists that yellow school buses are back on the roads this fall. Remain vigilant, patient and responsible so that everyone gets where the
- Sometimes you need to withdraw in order to come back stronger (August 19, 2013)
One of the things I learned in the military and from my study of history is that you sometimes have to withdraw from a position of weakness where you cant win in order to come back stronger with a better chance of dominating the field of battle.
- New Offering from Richard Martin -- Laser Guided Coaching (August 12, 2013)
Introduction to the Laser Guided Coaching process, which provides the perspective and insight of a thoughtful and incisive advisor.
- New Offering from Richard Martin -- Precision-Strike Strategy (August 12, 2013)
Using my 26 years of military command and leadership experience, I guide my clients from vague wishes and objectives to specific, concrete, and actionable plans.
- Freedom of Action Is Essential to Seizing and Maintaining the Initiative (August 12, 2013)
With freedom of action, you can select the time and place to attack and keep your competitors off guard. It is an opportunity to diversify options which create dilemmas for competitors and additional ways around existing/potential obstacles to growth
- Competence Is the Heart of Leadership (August 5, 2013)
A common misunderstanding about leadership is that it absolutely requires charisma and personal style. These elements wont harm leadership, but they dont create it.
- Huge Global Coalition Stands Against Unchecked Surveillance (July 31, 2013)
More than 100 organizations from across the globe are taking a stand against unchecked communications surveillance, calling for the governments around the world to follow international human rights law and curtail pervasive spying.
- Manning verdict blow for investigative journalism and its sources (July 31, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders regards todays verdict in U.S. Army private Bradley Mannings trial as dangerous. Although acquitted of aiding the enemy, he was found guilty of five counts of espionage and five counts of theft, for which he coul
- Lead By Example (July 29, 2013)
These days, we have business and political leaders, athletes, clergy, educators and others in positions of influence and authority acting unethically. Many do not appear to understand that this directly undermines their credibility and ability to lea
- Nurses president asks VIHA to hit pause on CDMR - calls for independent review (July 26, 2013)
Nurses president asks VIHA president to hit pause on patient care delivery changes and agree to independent expert review
- BC Nurses Union President to join with advocates calling for federal action on healthcare at upcoming Premiers meeting (July 22, 2013)
BCNU President Debra McPherson, on behalf of the nurses of BC will be joining other medicare advocates at Niagara-on-the-Lake this week.
- We Learn Best By Doing (July 22, 2013)
We learn best by doing, making mistakes and gaining minor wins in the heat of battle. Theoretical learning is necessary, but it only provides a framework to build practical experience.
- Nurses demand independent review of Nanaimo cuts to nursing care (July 18, 2013)
The public is now being urged to sign a petition to protect safe staffing
- First information is usually wrong, so dont overreact. (July 15, 2013)
The rail disaster in Lac Mégantic, Quebec is a terrible tragedy, but no sooner had it occurred that there were calls for everything from banning railways from passing through small towns, to preventing the shipping of oil by rail.
- Youth Day 2013 - Press Conference (July 11, 2013)
Youth Day 2013 Press Conference, July 11, 2013 from 5:00 to 8:00 pm, Hard Rock Cafe, Toronto. Learn exciting details of July 21 Youth Day at Yonge Dundas Square, with 30,000 young people expected in attendance!
- canfitpro International Fitness and Club Business Conference and Trade Show and Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show (July 10, 2013)
On August 14-18, 2013, canfitpro celebrates 20 years in the fitness industry.This year's annual conference and trade show features keynote address by Jillian Michaels, 400+ educational sessions, Sweat RX Championships, and much more.
- Closure of Rural Birthing Units Associated with Increased Costs / Worse outcomes 1 in 5 Rural Women have to travel to the city for Birth (July 9, 2013)
Shawville: A recent government report shows that 1 in 5 rural women now have to travel to the city for birth. The report finds that these women, unlike those who have the ability to deliver at the small town hospital, have increased rates of
- Shape the Battlefield to Create Conditions for Success (July 8, 2013)
If youre passive, you get passed. You have to take the offensive in order to (re)gain the initiative and keep it. That is the essence of offense. But too many companies are content with the status quo and stay passive in the face of societal, econ
- Demonstration against the forced transfer of 40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel (July 5, 2013)
On Friday, July 5 at 4 PM, a demonstration will be held across the street from the Israeli consulate in Toronto, protesting the Israeli governments plan to evict up to 40,000 Bedouin from their ancestral lands in the south of Israel.
- Big Victories Come From Small Wins, Says Strategy Expert Richard Martin (July 1, 2013)
We tend to aim for big, strategic victories, but most success actually comes by detailed operational planning, careful logistical preparation, and accumulation of numerous tactical wins.
- RAIL BILL BECOMES LAW (June 28, 2013)
Bill C-52, giving shippers the right to a service agreement with their rail carriers is now law.
- ACPM National Conference will highlight retirement and generational issues (June 27, 2013)
ACPM National Conference will highlight retirement and generational issues
- Breaking News: 20 Protesters Arrested at Tar Sands Blockade, Including those outside injunction zone (June 26, 2013)
Hamilton Police moved on to the #SwampLine9 protest action in Ontario this morning mass arresting almost everyone on site including activists further up the street and the police liaison.
- Use Experience to Learn Systematically (June 24, 2013)
Just like military forces, companies and other types of organization should be disciplined about conducting after action reviews.
- Calgary Businesses Working to Quickly Recover from June 21 Flooding (June 23, 2013)
Calgary marketing firm Tenato Strategy is working to help businesses find the silver lining in the June 2013 flood -- through promoting urgently needed products, communicating with customers, and community involvement.
- Global Unions Call for Immediate End to Repression in Turkey (June 20, 2013)
Global Unions, collectively representing over 200 million union members, including in Turkey, stand in solidarity with the people of Turkey. Our organisations wish to reiterate their serious concern at the repeated use of brutal & excessive measures
- Swamp Line 9! Stopping the Expansion of Enbridges Line 9 (June 20, 2013)
We are digging in and occupying Enbridges North Westover Pump Station in the Beverly Swamp. We have done this to stop construction in preparation for the reversal of their Line 9 Pipeline to carry toxic diluted bitummen from the Alberta Tar Sands
- Merle Levine Academy (MLA) Makes Learning Accessible (June 17, 2013)
Merle Levine Academy parents, students and teachers share highlights of what our 2012-2013 school year taught us.
- Business Success Requires Boots on the Ground (June 17, 2013)
A fundamental principle of counterinsurgency strategy is that you need boots on the ground. You cant influence a population and secure ground and terrain, especially populated areas, without having troops constantly on the lookout patrolling
- How can you protect yourself from online snooping? (June 13, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders has published an Online Survival Kit on its WefightCensorship.org website that has tools and practical advice that will allow you to protect your communications and data.
- Media unions oppose closure of Greek public broadcaster ERT (June 13, 2013)
UNI MEI calls for resistance to support Greek public service broadcasting, its workers and their union POSPERT
- IFJ/EFJ Call for Greek Government to Revoke Closure of Public Broadcaster (June 13, 2013)
Journalists' organizations call on the Greek government to immediately revoke their unprecedented decision to close down its public broadcasting station ERT.
- Government Stonewalling and Possibly Spying to Shield Controversial Charity (June 12, 2013)
Access to Information documents reveal that Harper's government has been pressuring the Canada Revenue Agency to protect the controversial charity Jewish National Fund (JNF) from public scrutiny. It has even promoted "monitoring" an anti-JNF event.
- Richard Martin Recommends Going for the Jugular (June 10, 2013)
Disable your opponent's centre of gravity -- his unique source of balance and strength--and do so quickly and with resolve when you have a window of opportunity.
- Nurses condemn wheelchair fees (June 7, 2013)
Nurses are condemning plans by the Fraser and Vancouver Coastal Health authorities to charge their nursing home residents $25 a month to use a wheelchair.
- Golden Dawn close to being added to predators list (June 5, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders, which last visited Greece in September 2011 to investigate the collapse in the media environment and the future of journalism, is alarmed by the steady decline in respect for media freedom and firmly condemns the neo-Nazi
- IFJ Congress Holds Commemoration and Freedom Walk for Killed Journalists Across the World (June 5, 2013)
A special Freedom Walk to commemorate the 408 journalists across the world who have died in the service of their profession in the last three years was held in Dublin this evening.
- June 8, 2013: Sex Workers' National Day of Action (June 5, 2013)
On June 8th sex workers and allies across Canada will hold actions in 6 cities across Canada in support of repealing prostitution laws currently being challenged.
- Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say (June 3, 2013)
Don't leave your people guessing. If you want them to do something or to attain a certain outcome, tell them and give them a milestone to achieve it.
- No to nuclear energy (May 29, 2013)
For over 50 years Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) has asked for the guaranteeing of the rights of future generations to a world free of nuclear weapons and nuclear energy.
VOW is concerned about nuclear energy being presented as safe.
- Island nurses to rally at VIHA Board meeting (May 29, 2013)
They want a halt to a scheme to reduce the number of nurses at Vancouver Island Hospitals, pending an independent review.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 27 May 2013 (May 27, 2013)
Its critical that managers and executives at all levels of a company identify what they control and what they dont. They must resolve to act on those things they control while influencing those they dont.
- Jewish Group Strongly Opposes Censorship at York University (May 21, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) Canada protests the York University administrations decision to revoke the student club status of Students Against Israeli Apartheid (SAIA) at York University until January 2014.
- Seizure of AP phone records condemned as grave violation (May 20, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders regards the US Department of Justices seizure of the records of thousands of Associated Press phone calls as an extremely grave violation of freedom of information.
- IFJ Denounces Attempts by Freedom of Expression Group to Weaken Copyright Protection for Journalists (May 20, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has today denounced a set of principles issued by Article 19 to unduly restrict creators' copyright protection.
- IFJ Condemns U.S. Justice Dept for Secretly Gathering Associated Press Records (May 20, 2013)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) has joined its affiliate, the Newspaper Guild-CWA, in condemning the U.S. Justice Department for secretly gathering the phone records of Associated Press Journalists and called on the department
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 20 May 2013 (May 20, 2013)
A key role for every leader is mentoring and coaching his or her subordinates so they develop to their full potential.
- Who speaks for Jews when it comes to civil liberties and human rights? (May 14, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) Canada strongly condemns the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA) for sponsoring a Daniel Pipes lecture May 13.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 13 May 2013 (May 13, 2013)
Often, the best intelligence comes from troops in contact with the enemy. They can see whats happening and can provide ground truth to corroborate or validate the opinions and assessments made through the intelligence estimation proces
- Candidates, MLAs back area nurses in their drive to protect patients (May 9, 2013)
VIHA scheme to cut nurses at NRGH comes under fire at Nanaimo all-candidates meeting
- New All But Gluten Celebrates Receiving the Canadian Celiac Association's Gluten-Free Certification Mark (May 8, 2013)
All But Gluten - a new line of great tasting gluten-free bakery products from Weston Bakeries is being launched during Celiac Awareness Month and can be found in the fresh bakery section of major retail stores across Canada. These products are cer
- ADCO Launches Province-wide Fundraiser for Children's Hospitals (May 7, 2013)
Members of the Association of the Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario, staff and children host ADCO Walkathon events to raise funds for children's hospitals across the province.
- IFIC Congratulates Ontario Chamber of Commerce on Comprehensively Addressing Retirement Savings (May 7, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) congratulates the Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) for addressing the crucial issue of retirement savings in a comprehensive policy resolution
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres -- 6 May 2013 (May 6, 2013)
Never assume youre completely right about your enemy (or competitors)
nor completely wrong either.
- IFIC CONGRATULATES GOVERNMENT OF ONTARIO ON BUDGET 2013 (May 3, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - May 3, 2013 - The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) congratulates the Ontario government for reducing the provincial deficit to $9.8 billion in 2012-13.
- 5,000 Canadians walk to honour and support families of workplace tragedy (May 3, 2013)
Beginning May 4, more than 5000 Canadians will walk in support of families affected by workplace fatalities, life-altering injuries and occupational disease, as part of the annual Steps for Life - Walking for Families of Workplace Tragedy.
- Drinking Water Conference Takes Centre Stage in Ottawa, May 5-8 (May 1, 2013)
Ontario water industry professionals meet in Ottawa, May 5-8
- CFIQ elects new chair (May 1, 2013)
The Board of Governors of CFIQ has elected a new chair. Claude Paquin (president, financial services ? Quebec, Investors Group Financial Services) assumes the role following the departure of Stï¿½phane Langlois.
- New ALL BUT GLUTEN Baked Goods Launches During Celiac Awareness Month for Canadians on a Gluten-Free Diet (April 30, 2013)
ALL BUT GLUTEN - a new line of great tasting gluten-free products from Weston Bakeries is being launched during Celiac Awareness Month. These products are certified by the Canadian Celiac Associations Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCP) an
- LCBO stores raise funds for Threads of Life (April 26, 2013)
LCBO shoppers can support families affected by workplace tragedies, April 28 through May 25, by dropping their coins in the counter coin boxes.
- IFIC PROPOSES EXCLUDING CANADIAN FUNDS FROM PFIC RULES (April 16, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - April 16, 2013 - IFIC has made a submission to members of the U.S. Congress to propose that Canadian mutual funds be excluded from the Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) rules. Under PFIC, distributions to and redemption
- BCNU thanks nurses for convincing the provincial government to sign Bill 18 into law (April 15, 2013)
Enabling Licensed Practical Nurses to join other nurses in the same bargaining association will improve patient care by maximizing efficiencies and collaboration among nurses and with employers.
- Canadian Voice of Women calls on federal government to cut defence budget on Global Day of Action on Military Spending (April 15, 2013)
Monday, April 15th is the Global Day of Action on Military Spending and the Canadian Voice of Women for Peace is calling on the federal government to redirect military spending to environmental and social needs. The Voice of Women is releasing a peti
- Jewish human rights group condemns U of Manitoba Student Union attack on freedom of speech (April 15, 2013)
Independent Jewish Voices responds to Israel supporters' attack on freedom of speech.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre - 15 April 2013 (April 14, 2013)
People are not mushrooms; they don't grow best in the damp and the dark. You have to let in the light so they know what is happening, why it's happening, and what needs to be done, both individually and collectively.
- Embedded fee model under current regulatory structure serves Canadians well (April 12, 2013)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) submitted comments today on the Canadian Securities Administrators? (CSA) Discussion Paper 81-407 - Mutual Fund Fees. In its response, IFIC highlights the effectiveness of Canada's current regulatory
- Nurses urge BC Liberal Cabinet to sign nursing bill into law (April 12, 2013)
Nurses today delivered six gigantic postcards covered with voters' signatures to the provincial Cabinet office in downtown Vancouver, urging the government to do the right thing to improve health care in BC by signing Bill 18 into law.
- PCs - The Beginning of the End (April 12, 2013)
Most people don't need a powerful desktop or laptop computer for everyday tasks. Email, messaging, reading news, talking on the phone or through video conferencing, scheduling activities, budgeting, etc., they can all be done on mobile devices.
- Nurses to deliver message to BC Cabinet Friday 10:30 am (April 11, 2013)
Nurses will be delivering a message Friday asking the provincial government to Keep the Promise to listen to nurses and improve healthcare for British Columbians by signing Bill 18 into law.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre - 8 April 2013 (April 8, 2013)
When I was a young platoon commander in the army, I had a commanding officer who told us that the true measure of leadership success was to be respected, not liked. When you're respected, you influence through competence and ability, and likeabilit
- Fundraiser for the Canadian missions: Tastes of Heaven Gala, April 25, 2013 (March 26, 2013)
Tastes of Heaven Gala 2013 - Join Catholic Missions In Canada at its 2013 Tastes of Heaven Gala and hear Sister Sheila Fortune, C.S.J., one of our Canadian missionaries from the Diocese of Corner Book and Labrador, speak on the
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 25 March 2013 (March 25, 2013)
Leading from the front is needed to set the example, the tone, and the pace of an operation or project. On the other hand, once things are fully underway in the right manner, it is time to pass the baton to a trusted subordinate to continue with the
- Federal Budget a disappointment to nurses, patients, families (March 22, 2013)
Harper Conservatives fail to provide any leadership to protect and improve public healthcare in Canada
- China's new leadership faces censorship challenge (March 16, 2013)
China's new leaders will face unprecedented challenges to controlling the media, even as journalists' efforts to test the system continue to carry great risk, according to a new report by the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- Enemies of the Internet 2013 (March 16, 2013)
Reporters Without Borders is releasing a Special report on Internet surveillance
- IFJ Welcomes Indictment of Former Security Operatives over Journalist's Torture in Colombia (March 16, 2013)
Seven former members of the former secret service in Colombia, the Administrative Department for Security (DAS), face charges of psychological torture and intimidation' inflicted on prominent journalist Claudia Julieta Duque
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 11 March 2013 (March 11, 2013)
Whenever you're creating a message, giving direction, or developing objectives and plans, aim to formulate them at a high school level. This isn't meant as an insult to the receiver, but rather as recognition that intentions and concepts must be simp
- Nurses Send a Message to Health Authority CEO (March 7, 2013)
Keep the Promise of Safer Care through Safe Staffing at Women's and Children's Hospital
- Jewish human rights group supports Israeli Apartheid Week (March 5, 2013)
IJV responds to critics' criticism of Israel Apartheid Week, insisting that Israel be held to the same standard as every other country when it comes to international law and human rights.
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) sends Young women peacemakers to United Nations Commission on the Status of Women. (March 5, 2013)
Five young women who attended the VOW's first Peacemaker Summer Camps in 2012 thanks to a generous grant from the Canadian Auto Workers union (CAW ) have arrived in New York to take part in the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- Nurses union convention kicks off Tuesday morning (March 5) (March 4, 2013)
More than 400 nurses from around the province will be gathering at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver starting tomorrow (March 5) for the annual convention of the BC Nurses' Union.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres - 4 March 2013 (March 4, 2013)
Let your competitors focus on their existing customers and products. That creates opportunities for you to manoeuvre around them.
- Creating and Sustaining the Offensive Mindset (March 4, 2013)
A common understanding of offense is that it's all about attacking and taking an aggressive stance. This is true, but it's much more than that. It's a mindset that is centered on seizing and maintaining the initiative. If you've lost the init
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres 25 February 2013 (February 25, 2013)
Technology has always been a key factor in warfare. The side that is better able to exploit a new technology and do so faster and in greater numbers than potential or actual enemies will tend to prevail. The same applies in business.
- Best Interest Standard Warrants More Study - IFIC (February 22, 2013)
Toronto, Ontario - In a submission filed today with the Canadian Securities Authorities (CSA), The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) calls for additional research on several key elements contained in the CSA Consultation Paper 33-403.
- Toronto passes municipal Access Without Fear policy after marathon debate (February 22, 2013)
Toronto City Council becomes the first city in Canada to pass an Access Without Fear policy at the municipal level.
- Nurses concerned budget provides little room for health authorities to keep the promise to improve nurse staffing for safe patient care (February 19, 2013)
Pressure to do more with less will force nurses to deal with increased overcapacity in hospitals and under-funded needs, such as mental health, community, homecare and seniors' services.
- Fundraising Concert at Beit Zatoun - Saturday, March 2, 2013 - Toronto (February 19, 2013)
Dynamic downtown Toronto community venue celebrates 3 years of arts and culture for peace and justice. Fundraising Concert on March 2, 2013 with some of Toronto's best world music artists. Beit Zatoun's annual open house / anniversary / fundraising
- Nurses are encouraged with Throne Speech plan on seniors, primary healthcare (February 12, 2013)
But they wonder about the depth of the government's commitment to improved patients' services and the social determinants of health, when balancing the budget seems to be its number one priority
- Nurses disappointed with Vernon hospital announcement (February 12, 2013)
Nurses disappointed with Vernon hospital announcement. New Polson tower will result in only 14 new beds when at least 30 more beds and more nursing staff are needed.
- Canadian Franchise Association's Official Franchise Show Comes to Toronto on February 23 & 24, 2013 (February 12, 2013)
As Canada's premier franchise tradeshow, The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow) connects prospective franchisees with some of Canada's leading franchise brands at the Toronto Congress Centre on February 23 & 24, 2013.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres 11 February 2013 (February 11, 2013)
The first and most important principle of war, and the only sure road to victory, is offense. Defense should only be used as a temporary measure while doing everything possible to (re)gain the initiative.
- canfitpro and Atii Fitness Centre team up to bring fitness certification training to Iqaluit, Nunavut (February 6, 2013)
Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro) is excited to be the official provider of group fitness and personal training certification for the Atii Fitness Centre in Iqaluit.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre 4 February 2013 (February 4, 2013)
Complaining isn't necessarily a sign of bad morale. In fact, the opposite is quite often true. If people stop talk, that's when you should be worried.
- Media Release: Miko Peled to speak in Vancouver on ending the crisis in Israel-Palestine (January 29, 2013)
Peled provides a clear, optimistic perspective on the crisis and how to end it.
- A New Name and a New Era (January 25, 2013)
We say goodbye to a 75-year era and say hello to a new beginning. The Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (OAMRT) has merged with The Ontario Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (OSDMS)
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre for 21 January 2013 (January 21, 2013)
Businesses must be constantly on the lookout for threats from all quarters, even those that appear highly improbable or even impossible.
- canfitpro and Fitness Kickboxing Canada Inc. partner to bring MMA training to the Canadian fitness industry (January 18, 2013)
canfitpro and Fitness Kickboxing Canada Inc. partner to bring MMA training to the Canadian fitness industry
- Firearms safety: a Canadian success story (January 15, 2013)
Twenty years ago, the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) was introduced in conjunction with new firearms legislation. A product of the best firearms training expertise from across Canada, the course teaches responsible use of non-restricted firea
- Boarding School Opens Doors for Ontario Girls (January 14, 2013)
Boarding School Opens Doors for Ontario Girls. The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) travels Ontario to meet potential students who qualify for enrolment into the unique Boarding program at Canada's oldest private girls school.
- The Franchise Show Comes to Montreal on January 19 & 20 during Franchise Entrepreneurship Week (January 14, 2013)
The Franchise Show in Montreal will help aspiring business owners find their franchise match on January 19 and 20, 2013 during Franchise Entrepreneurship Week.
- What Are the Hot Trends in Franchising for 2013? CFA identifies 6 sectors creating and maintaining growth into the New Year (January 14, 2013)
Canadian Franchise Association's FranchiseCanada magazine's exclusive January/February cover story on franchise trends uses years of data to let Canadians in on the franchise sectors that have been experiencing impressive year-over-year growth betw
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Offers Program Tailored to International Medical Graduates (January 9, 2013)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) is moving forward with bridge delivery of its naturopathic medical program, developed specifically for international medical graduates and scheduled to start in May 2013.
- The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine opens naturopathic teaching clinic at Brampton Civic Hospital (January 8, 2013)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine opens a naturopathic teaching clinic at Brampton Civic Hospital, the first such clinic within an Ontario hospital setting.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvre for 7 January 2013 (January 7, 2013)
There's a military dictum to the effect that time spent in reconnaissance is never wasted. Scouting parties are sent out to confirm the lay of the land, the presence and nature of enemy forces, the friendliness of the local population.
- 2013 CIFSC Chair Announcement (January 3, 2013)
Toronto - The Canadian Investment Funds Standards Committee (CIFSC) has elected Brian Bridger, Director, Analytics and Data at Fundata Canada Inc. as its Chair for the coming year, effective January 1, 2013. Congratulations to Mr. Bridger.
- VOW Calls on Governor General to meet with Chiefs - New Year New Relationship (January 1, 2013)
Voice of Women delivers letter to Lieut Governor at Queen's Park today at 1 pm, Jan 1st calling on Lt Gov and Governor General to meet with Chief Spence and participate in a nation-to-nation meeting with Harper and provincial premiers