Leaving the Mother Ship
Having the courage to leave, and charting the path to get there
Craig, Randall M.http://www.RandallCraig.com
Publisher: Knowledge to Action Press
Year Published: 2004
Pages: 186pp Price: $29.99 ISBN: 0973540400
Please see our media profile in Sources
: Randall Craig, Social Media and Networking Expert
Looking to take control of your career...
...but not sure how?
1. Long-time employee, unsure about your next position?
2. Organization changed over the years -- for the worse?
3. Tired of being a rat in the rat race?
4. Want some career change -- but to what?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, "Leaving the Mother Ship" can help, using more than a dozen special checklists, assessments, and tools, including the Job Quality Checklist:
1. Are you still having fun?
2. Are you being challenged intellectually?
3. Do you like your colleagues?
4. Are you reaching your career goals?
5. Are you achieving life balance?
6. Is your compensation somewhat close to your worth?
If you answered "no" to even one of these questions, what should you do about it? In this book, Randall Craig reviews the three fundamental career issues of the day: When to consider a change, Where to go next, and Finding success throughout your career. Using diagnostic exercises like
the Job Quality Checklist, he takes you step-by-step through the process, and gives you practical, been-there-before ideas and advice.