Canadian Franchise Association's Official Franchise Show Comes to Toronto on February 23 & 24, 2013
February 12, 2013
Toronto, ON - Many entrepreneurs dream of starting their own business and every year, thousands of Canadians consider franchising as a way to realize their dreams. For nearly two decades, The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow.ca) has helped Canadians discover the many rewarding franchise opportunities available.
As Canada?s premier franchise tradeshow, The Franchise Show provides prospective franchisees with unique opportunities to meet face-to-face with some of the most successful franchise brands, attend informational seminars and learn more about the franchise industry and opportunities. The Franchise Show runs Saturday, February 23 and Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Toronto Congress Centre (www.torontocongresscentre.ca) at 650 Dixon Road.
Produced by the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca), The Franchise Show exclusively features CFA member franchise systems, many of which are the biggest names in a variety of industries from retail and restaurants to beauty supplies and home services. A list of exhibitors can be found at http://goo.gl/hRE1V. As the national voice of franchising in Canada, CFA provides potential franchisees with guidance and valuable, up-to-date information on franchising opportunities in Canada through resources such as The Franchise Show.
"The Franchise Show is the best venue to discover which type of business matches your needs," says Lorraine McLachlan, CFA President and Chief Executive Officer. ?This tradeshow allows potential franchisees to begin their due diligence and provides a place where they can meet with franchisors and ask questions to ensure their potential investment is a perfect match.?
The Franchise Show is designed to assist prospective franchisees learn more about franchise opportunities and the franchise industry. Seminar attendees will obtain practical knowledge on what it takes to get started and be successful in franchising. Specialists in the franchise industry present free seminars throughout the weekend, including:
* KEYNOTE PRESENTION: "What Makes a Great Franchisee: A Franchisor's Perspective" presented by Peter Druxerman, Vice President of Marketing, DRUXY'S Famous Deli
* "10 Questions Every Prospective Franchisee Should Ask Before They Buy" presented by Larry Weinberg, Partner, Cassels Brock LLP (Saturday) / Joseph Adler, Partner, Hoffer Adler LLP (Sunday)
* "Franchise Ownership: Is this type of self-employment the right strategic option?" presented by Gary Prenevost, President, FRANNET Southern Ontario
* "How to Finance Your Franchise and Approach Your Bank" presented by Joseph Pisani, Manager of National Franchising, BMO Bank of Montreal
* "8 Steps to Picking the Right Franchise System For You" presented by Shawn Saraga, President, Marathon Realty and Mr. Franchise
* "Legal and Business Aspects to Consider When Purchasing a Franchise" presented by Chad Finkelstein, Partner, Dale & Lessmann LLP (Saturday) / Ned Levitt, Partner, Aird & Berlis LLP (Sunday)
* "The Inside Scoop on Selecting the Right Franchise For You" presented by Marietta Snetsinger, Chief Solutions Officer, ASCEND Franchise Solutions
* "Let's Talk - Franchise Finance" presented by Tom de Larzac, Manager of Franchise & Commercial Partnerships, National Bank of Canada
* "Business Planning You Can Bank On" presented by Paul daSilva, Director of National Franchise Markets, RBC Royal Bank
Potential franchisees will also have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with leading experts in the franchise community through Ask the Experts. In addition, the CFA Resource Booth will be available to provide guidance about those hard-to-answer questions. For more information about The Franchise Show, visit www.thefranchiseshow.ca.
The Franchise Show
Dates: Saturday, February 23 and Sunday, February 24
Time: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Toronto Congress Centre, Hall F - South Building, 650 Dixon Road (off Highway 401)
Admission: One day pass - $10, Weekend pass - $15 (Tickets at the door)
NOTE: Pre-register online at www.thefranchiseshow.ca to receive a $2.00 off admission coupon
The Franchise Show in Toronto Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor: DRUXY'S
Gold Sponsors: Adele, Alfa Cappuccino Imports Inc., FRANNET
Silver Sponsors: Devry Smith Frank LLP, MTY Group, Pizza Nova
Bronze Sponsor: Cassels Brock LLP
Aisle Sponsors: Aird & Berlis LLP, Beyond Digital, Dale & Lessmann LLP, DRUXY'S, FRANNET, Hoffer Adler LLP, National Bank of Canada
Seminar Room Sponsors: FRANNET, National Bank of Canada
Local Print Sponsor: Toronto Star
Official Sign Sponsor: Beyond Digital
CFA National Sponsors: CINTAS, Moneris Solutions, SmarterU.com
About the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA)
With almost 550 corporate members nation-wide, representing many of Canada?s best-known brands, the Canadian Franchise Association is the national voice for franchising in Canada and works with all levels of government to ensure the development of industry-made solutions. CFA promotes excellence in franchising and educates Canadians about franchising, specific franchise opportunities and proper due diligence. For more information, visit www.cfa.ca.
# # #
For media accreditation and more information, contact:
Tel: 800-665-4232 ext. 232For more information contact
Canadian Franchise Association
Phone: 416-695-2896 x 232
Website: www.cfa.caClick here to view our Sources Listing: