The Manitoba Down Syndrome Society Hosts First Annual Buddy Walk
September 27, 2008
Winnipeg – The Manitoba Down Syndrome Society (MDSS) will host their 1st Annual Buddy Walk, September 28. This event will take place at the Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) North Campus, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd.
This 3km walk will follow the trail around the Tuxedo Golf Course. Several motivational stations along the route will help to encourage the younger children to continue walking. A shorter route alternative is available.
Walk time: Check in 1:00pm
Walk begins at 2:00 pm
• Bring a buddy – bring as many "buddies" as you can. Make sure all buddies register with MDSS
• Creative challenge – find a creative way to identify your group of buddies
Prizes – registered participants are eligible for prizes including:
• The most pledges collected by an individual
• The individual who brings the most buddies
• The most creative individual or group as per the Creative Challenge
• Door prizes
Entertainment following the walk by:
• Snow Motion Winter Dog Sports Club of Manitoba, and
• Steve Diamond´s Diamond Disc Dogs.
No registration fee, but all participants are asked to registered online or with the MDSS office.
Participants are encouraged to collect pledges. Pledge forms are available online or through the office.
Manitoba Down Syndrome Society
204 – 825 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1M5
Phone: (204) 992-2731
Visit: www.manitobadownsyndromesociety.com For more information contact
Canadian Down Syndrome Society