Radiation Safety Institute of Canada
165 Avenue Rd., Ste. 300
Toronto, ON M5R 3S4
With "Good science in plain language,"®
the Radiation Safety Institute provides impartial, professional advice, public education, training and technical services on radiation exposure in the workplace, the environment and in homes and schools. According to UN officials, Canada's Radiation Safety Institute is the only independent organization of its kind in any country.
Website: www.RadiationSafety.caNational Office, Toronto:George Polak
, Manager, Marketing and Communications
Phone: (416) 650-9090, ext. 28
FAX: (416) 650-9920
Spokesperson:Dr. Fergal Nolan
, President and CEO
National Laboratories, Saskatoon:
Phone: (306) 975-0566
FAX: (306) 975-0494
- Aug 24, 2012 - Radiation Safety Institute of Canada Comments on Latest Radon Findings by Health Canada .
- Jun 13, 2012 - Un nouveau cours en ligne gratuit intitue Une introduction au rayonnement est maintenant disponible sur le site web de l?Institut de radioprote
- Feb 17, 2012 - WiFi in Schools Controversy
- Dec 15, 2011 - Radiation Safety In the Workplace Podcast, Part II
- Dec 9, 2011 - A new online course, "Understanding Radiation", is available for viewing on The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada's website.
- Nov 15, 2011 - Radiation in The Workplace Podcast
- Nov 9, 2011 - Article on Monitoring Personal Occupational Exposures to Radon Progeny and Long-Lived Radioactive Dust
- Nov 8, 2011 - Radiation Safety Institute of Canada Announces 2012 Course Dates
- Nov 2, 2011 - Independent Review Of The Exposure Of Workers To Alpha Radiation At Bruce A Restart, Reactor Unit 1 Bruce Power, ON
- Nov 1, 2011 - Workplace Radiation Safety Presentation
- Oct 26, 2011 - Independent Review of Exposure of Workers to Alpha Radiation at Bruce Power Reactor Released
- Oct 24, 2011 - "Business Leaders Shaping the Future of Health and Safety in BC" Conference
- Oct 21, 2011 - "Radon Daughter Exposure in Mines- The Risks and the Regulatory Requirements"
- Oct 14, 2011 - Last X-Ray Safety Office (XSO) Course for 2011
- Oct 7, 2011 - Radiation Protection for Surgical Assistants
- Oct 7, 2011 - Radiation Safety in the Workplace Webinar
Areas of Expertise:
Sources is an online portal and directory for journalists, writers, news editors, researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
© Sources 1977-2014. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.