Independent Jewish Voices
We represent Jews in Canada from diverse backgrounds, occupations and affiliations who have in common a strong commitment to social justice and universal human rights. We believe that individuals and groups within all communities should feel free to express their views on any issue of public concern without incurring accusations of disloyalty.
We have therefore resolved to promote the expression of alternative Jewish voices, particularly in respect of the grave situation in the Middle East, which threatens the future of both Israelis and Palestinians as well as the stability of the whole region.
Website: www.independentjewishvoices.caLarry Haiven
Cellular: (902) 240-2782Sid Shniad
Phone: (604) 591-3099
Cellular: (604) 314-5589
- May 14, 2013 - Who speaks for Jews when it comes to civil liberties and human rights?
- Apr 15, 2013 - Jewish human rights group condemns U of Manitoba Student Union attack on freedom of speech
- Mar 5, 2013 - Jewish human rights group supports Israeli Apartheid Week
- Jan 29, 2013 - Media Release: Miko Peled to speak in Vancouver on ending the crisis in Israel-Palestine
- Dec 2, 2012 - Jewish human rights group condemns Harper government's position on UN Palestine vote
- Nov 15, 2012 - Israel's attack on Gaza is a 'Pillar of War Crimes', says Jewish human rights group
- Nov 13, 2012 - Academics, Students, Community Members Slam Carleton U Attempt to Stifle Class Discussions and Academic Freedom
- Oct 11, 2012 - Jewish human rights group to hold annual conference in Toronto this week
- Sep 25, 2012 - Jewish group rejects call for military response to Iran
- Sep 14, 2012 - Canada fanning flames of war by cutting diplomacy with Iran -- IJV
- Aug 28, 2012 - Rachel Corrie's Death is Not Merely "Regrettable Accident"
- Aug 17, 2012 - Independent Jewish Voices commends United Church for finalizing stand against Israeli occupation
- Aug 15, 2012 - Jewish human rights group applauds United Church decision on Israeli settlements
- Aug 14, 2012 - Jewish human rights group available for comment on United Church resolution to boycott Israel settlement
- Aug 13, 2012 - Rabbi calls on United Church delegates to vote for boycott of settlement products
- Jul 25, 2012 - Network of United Church Members Calls for Boycott and Divestment to End the Occupation
- Jul 22, 2012 - IJV condemns bus bombing, calls for negotiations with Iran to stop the violence
- Jul 4, 2012 - IJV supports United Church members' right to make their own decision on boycott, free from threats
- Jun 9, 2012 - IJV endorses United Church Working Group call to boycott settlement products
- Mar 21, 2012 - Independent Jewish Voices letter refutes Ambassador's claim Israel supports Christian Palestinians
Areas of Expertise:
Sources is an online portal and directory for journalists, writers, news editors, researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
© Sources 1977-2013. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.