Media ResourcesInclude yourself in SOURCES
Membership Form Be an Affiliate Sources Shop Powerful Tools Tell your story Internet Power Media Directory
Subscriptions Services Overview
Canadas Biggest Fitness
The Can-Fit-Pro Toronto International Fitness and Club Business Conference and Trade Show, to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from August 16 to 19 is set to attract over 6,000 fitness professionals and fitness enthusiasts from 25 countries. Participants will be exposed to industry trends in fitness equipment, sports nutrition, athletic footwear and apparel, books, education, training, club management, technology and more.
Note: Media representatives are invited to come on-site throughout
Pick up media kits in Room 719 The Conference Office at Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Opening ceremonies will start on Friday August 17, 2007 at 10:15 AM with the doors opening at 9:30AM in Hall C, north building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The opening ceremony features the Delegate Choice Awards and Keynote Address sponsored by Precor. The keynote address is from one of Canadas most inspirational leaders: Four-time Olympian, Silken Laumann who has been credited with making the greatest comeback in sports history.
This year's Consumer Fitness and Wellness Show will be held on Saturday August 18, 2007 and the general public will be able to access the trade show floor to learn about the best educational tools, equipment, clothing and accessories in the industry. Products and services available for purchase will include books, DVDs, music, shoes, clothing, educational products, programs, active-wear and accessories and more. This is Canadas largest fitness and wellness trade show with over 200,000 square feet of unbeatable deals.
Consumer Educational Session Topics include:
* 10 Ways to Burn 101 Calories
* Jasper Blake, Canadian Ironman Champion, sponsored by Fitness Depot. For the past ten years Jasper has raced across the globe in Ironman and triathlon events. Career highlights include four Ironman top five finishes, a top ten at the 2005 World Long Course Championships and being crowned the Canadian Ironman Champion in 2006.
* Maureen Hagan is Can-Fit-Pro, CALA and ACE certified, the Vice President of Operations for GoodLife Fitness Clubs and Director of Education for Can-Fit-Pro. She is trained as a physiotherapist and has over 25 years of teaching experience. Maureen is a Canadian 3-stripe athlete with adidas, Educator of the Year for BodyLife (1996) and a contributing editor for Canadian Living and many other fitness and consumer magazines.
* PJ OClair, a recognized mind-body training expert whose clientele includes physicians, media celebrities, competitive athletes and everyday people. PJ's command of functional fitness has put her at the forefront of emerging trends, most notably core conditioning for athletic performance and post rehab.
* Mike Reilly is best known as the Voice of Ironman Triathlons worldwide. He has welcomed over 100,000 athletes across Ironman finish lines to the world famous phrase "you are an Ironman" since 1989. He has worked over 1000 endurance events in his career.
* Peter Twist, MSc, is an exercise physiologist with a specialization in Coaching Science. He coached in the NHL for 12 years and is currently a consultant for several NHL players and agents. He is the President and CEO of Twist Conditioning Inc. providing education and certifications in sports conditioning.
A complete list of presenters and session descriptions is available online at www.canfitpro.com.
Can-Fit-Pro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, Can-Fit-Pro delivers accessible, quality education, certification, conferences, trade shows and membership services. Can-Fit-Pros 15,000 members include some of the worlds finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers and fitness consumers. Can-Fit-Pros multiple events include the Can-Fit-Pro International Fitness Conference and Trade Show in Toronto, the biggest and best of its kind in the world, hosting over 6,000 delegates and visitors annually.
For further information please contact:
Laura Gregory, Sales and Marketing Manager, Can-Fit-Pro
Areas of expertise:
Living/Children - Aging
& Health - Allied
Health Care - Body
Image - Body-Mind
Integration - Corporate
Fitness - Dietetics/Nutrition
Assessment - Fitness
at the Workplace - Fitness
& Health - Fitness
& Health Promotion - Fitness
& Lifestyle Programs - Fitness
Promotion - Fitness
Testing - Fitness/Youth
Professionals/Education - Hydration
& Nutrition - Injury
Prevention - Kinesiology
Health - Muscle
Fatigue - Nutrition
Coaching - Physical
Fitness - Relaxation
& Stress - Seminars
& Workshops - Strength
& Endurance - Trade
Shows/Research - Trades/Standards
& Certification - Weight
Control - Wellness
at Work - Wellness
& Lifestyle Management - Wellness
& Lifestyle Workshops