Sources Media Release
 
 
 

Professional Organizers Help Children's Wish Foundation
Organizers Across Canada Volunteer During National Organizing Week

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jane Veldhoven
Phone/Email: (902)452-7674 / janev@jonathanm.ca

Nearly 150 members of Professional Organizers in Canada (POC) will donate their valuable skills to assist Children's Wish offices across Canada by providing seminars and on-site organizing services. National Organizing Week (NOWeek) is an annual event sponsored by Professional Organizers in Canada (POC). This national event was created in 2002 and will take place this year from May 3rd to 7th, 2004. POC has chosen to celebrate this year's theme "Organize NOW" by volunteering their time to the Children's Wish Foundation.

NOWeek was created to give our association a chance to give back to the community by supporting other non-profit organizations, focusing on the benefits of getting organized and staying organized, and raising our profile across Canada by making the public aware that there is help! Life is becoming more and more complicated with increased demands on our time. You can't open a magazine or turn on the TV without seeing something on organizing. Hiring a professional organizer can reduce stress, help gain control of your life, save you money and enhance overall well being.

Being organized has become a survival skill that is essential not only at work but also at home. With estimates that only 25 per cent of the population are naturally organized, leaving the other 75 per cent disorganized, disorganization costs. One U.S. study found that corporate executives spend up to six weeks per year searching for misplaced paperwork. Another study showed that organized people could find an item in 1 minute, 18 seconds while it takes an unorganized person 8 minutes, 30 seconds.

POC members across Canada provide coaching and hands-on organizing and de-cluttering services for residential and business clients. For more information or to arrange to speak with a professional organizer in your area please contact our Director of Public Relations, Jane Veldhoven, or visit our website at www.organizersincanada.com.


- 30 -



Click here to view our Sources Listing


Main News Release page  -  The Sources Calendar  -  Search Sources Listings  -  Parliamentary Names & Numbers

How to Post Your Press Releases

Sources home page
Search the Sources directory to find experts and spokespersons

 
 
Sources: The Resource for Editors, Reporters, and Researchers