Informatics can be synonymous with:
- Informatics (academic field), a broad academic field encompassing information science, information technology, algorithms, and social science
- Computer science, the study of complex systems, information and computation using applied mathematics, electrical engineering and software engineering techniques.
- Information science, the study of the processing, management, and retrieval of information
- Information technology, the study, design, development, implementation, support, or management of computer-based information systems
- Informatics (software company), a software company formed as a subsidiary of Dataproducts in 1962
This article is based on one or more articles in Wikipedia, with modifications and
additional content by SOURCES editors. This article is covered by a Creative Commons
Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 License (CC-BY-SA) and the GNU Free Documentation License
(GFDL). The remainder of the content of this website, except where otherwise indicated,
is copyright SOURCES and may not be reproduced without written permission.
(For information call 416-964-7799 or use the
SOURCES.COM is an online portal and directory for journalists, news media, researchers
and anyone seeking experts, spokespersons, and reliable information resources. Use
SOURCES.COM to find experts, media contacts, news releases, background information,
scientists, officials, speakers, newsmakers, spokespeople, talk show guests, story
ideas, research studies, databases, universities, associations and NGOs, businesses,
government spokespeople. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris
For information about being included in SOURCES as a expert or
spokesperson see the FAQ or use
the online membership form.
Check here for
information about becoming an
For partnerships, content and applications, and domain name opportunities