Media Releases from members of Sources
To submit a news release, use this form
IFJ Invites Applications for General Secretary Post
December 7, 2010The Executive Committee of the International Federation of Journalists is seeking to appoint a full time General Secretary, based in Brussels for a period of three years renewable.
The General Secretary must have the following skills:
1. Experience and knowledge of trade unionism, with proven ability to lead and inspire and with considerable knowledge of trade unionism.
2. Experience and knowledge of journalism and broad issues connected with media and journalists worldwide.
3. Experience of leading campaigns and negotiating with institutions.
4. Knowledge and experience of effectively managing the human resources of an organisation with the ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
5. Ability to develop and implement financial plans and manage resources, and to secure funding/revenue sources.
6. Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels and to work effectively with affiliates.
7. Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques and ability to develop and deliver reports and presentations.
8. Be fluent in English and French or Spanish. Fluency in the other language will be of advantage.
For the full job posting see
For more information contact:
International Federation of Journalists
Phone: +32 2 235 22 00
Sources home page