Media ResourcesInclude yourself in SOURCES
Membership Form Be an Affiliate Powerful Tools Tell your story Media Directory
Can-Fit-Pro and Silken Laumann
All interested media representatives are invited to attend both the opening ceremonies and the press conference.
The opening ceremony features the Keynote Address sponsored by Precor. The keynote address is from one of Canada's most inspirational leaders: Four-time Olympian, Silken Laumann. She is Canada's most recognizable female athlete and has been credited with making the greatest comeback in sports history. Now a world-class inspirational speaker and the bestselling author of Child's Play, Silken has combined her passion for sport with her love of children and created The Silken Laumann Active Kids Movement, a national charity dedicated to increasing physical activity in children through play.
Opening ceremonies will start on Friday August 17, 2007 at 10:15 AM with the doors opening at 9:30AM in Hall C, north building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Press conference will follow opening ceremonies in Room 205 AB, North Building of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Start time: 12:15pm.
Additional Can-Fit-Pro presenters include:
* Jasper Blake was Canadian Ironman Champion in 2006, sponsored by Fitness Depot.
* Dr. Dale Buchberger was former chiropractic consultant to the Canadian Aerial ski team for their 2001-2002 Olympic medal-winning season.
* Nanci Guest is the leading sport nutrition consultant to prepare food and nutrition services to the Athlete's Olympic Village and to service Canadian and foreign athletes at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games to be held in Vancouver.
* Buddy Lee is a U.S. Olympian, Official U.S. Olympic Jump Rope Consultant to 25 Olympic Sports teams and author of Jump Rope Training. Buddy used rope jumping to develop into a U.S. Olympic athlete, 10-times world medalist, 20-times national champion, twice U.S. Marine athlete of the year and voted most outstanding wrestler in the United States.
* Sharon Mann is presently on national television as host and co-producer of In Shape with Sharon Mann airing on W Network and Fit TV in the United States. Additionally, Sharon is a four-times Canadian Aerobics champion and proud athlete on the adidas 3-StripeTeam.
* Dr. Mark Scappaticci works with World Class Track and Field athletes and has played a role in the last three summer and last two winter Olympics. He is on staff with the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Maple Leafs, consults with the Canadian National Squash team, as well as teams and athletes in the NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB.
* David Snively a seven-times Canadian National Diving Champion and 1980 Olympic Team member, David has hosted two successful television series over the past 16 years (Great Shape and Caribbean Workout).
* Peter Twist has coached in the NHL for 11 years and is currently a consultant for several NHL players and agents. Twist has trained over 700 professional athletes.
A complete list of presenters and session descriptions is available online at www.canfitpro.com
The Can-Fit-Pro Toronto International Fitness and Club Business Conference and Trade Show, to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from August 16 to 19 is set to attract over 6,000 fitness professionals and fitness enthusiasts from 25 countries. Participants will be exposed to industry trends in fitness equipment, sports nutrition, athletic footwear and apparel, books, education, training, club management, technology and more.
Trade Show hours of operation are Friday August 17, 2007 from 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM and from Saturday August 18, 2007 from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Admission for delegates is included with their conference registration, while admission for non-delegates is $20 at the door. Free media passes are available to qualified media representatives.
Can-Fit-Pro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, Can-Fit-Pro delivers accessible, quality education, certification, conferences, trade shows and membership services. Can-Fit-Pro's 15,000 members include some of the world's finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers and fitness consumers.
For further information please contact:
Laura Gregory, Sales and Marketing Manager, Can-Fit-Pro
Areas of expertise:
Living/Children - Aging
& Health - Allied
Health Care - Body
Image - Body-Mind
Integration - Corporate
Fitness - Dietetics/Nutrition
Assessment - Fitness
at the Workplace - Fitness
& Health - Fitness
& Health Promotion - Fitness
& Lifestyle Programs - Fitness
Promotion - Fitness
Testing - Fitness/Youth
Professionals/Education - Hydration
& Nutrition - Injury
Prevention - Kinesiology
Health - Muscle
Fatigue - Nutrition
Coaching - Physical
Fitness - Relaxation
& Stress - Seminars
& Workshops - Strength
& Endurance - Trade
Shows/Research - Trades/Standards
& Certification - Weight
Control - Wellness
at Work - Wellness
& Lifestyle Management - Wellness
& Lifestyle Workshops