Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL)
The Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL) is no longer in operation.
Twenty years of influence on hemispheric policy: 1990-2011
FOCAL was created as an independent, non-governmental think-tank meant to enhance co-operation and dialogue, create new linkages, and strengthen existing ties between countries of the hemisphere through policy analysis and discussion.
Through its work over the years, FOCAL had much success in providing policy analysis, dialogue and debate to aid policy-makers, academics, development practitioners and the general public, in Canada and the region, and fostering greater understanding of hemispheric issues of importance to Canada.
FOCAL built a reputation of credibility through its consistent production of quality work, numerous achievements and project successes, and leaves behind a strong and impressive legacy of lasting change.
This website is intended to be an archive documenting FOCAL's many accomplishments, events, publications and insights into hemispheric affairs throughout its existence.
- Jun 14, 2011 - Canadas only Americas think-tank to wrap up projects and close at end of September | FOCAL mènera à bien ses projets et fermera ses portes fin septem
- Feb 24, 2011 - FOCAL to launch new Mapping Migration from the Americas website
- Sep 16, 2010 - Latest FOCALPoint is out! Focus on the Brazilian presidential elections, crime in Jamaica and youth violence in Central America.
- Jul 7, 2010 - Focus on Honduran crisis, Haiti and more in the July-August issue of FOCALPoint: Canada's Spotlight on the Americas
- Jun 9, 2010 - FOCALPoint: Focus on education challenges in Latin America, improving quality in Bolivia and Venezuela
- May 13, 2010 - Focus on Canada-Mexico ties in May edition of FOCALPoint: Canada's Spotlight on the Americas
- Apr 21, 2010 - Canada-Mexico Initiative identifies policy options to energize bilateral relationship
- Apr 7, 2010 - The April edition of FOCALPoint: Canada's Spotlight on the Americas is out
- Mar 10, 2010 - Thinking Haiti - Special Edition of FOCALPoint: Canada's Spotlight on the Americas
- Sep 30, 2009 - "Canadian Foreign Policy and the Coming Elections" in FOCALPoint: Canada's Spotlight on the Americas
- Sep 14, 2009 - OAS Secretary-General to Address Canada's Engagement in Honduras at FOCAL Roundtable
- Aug 11, 2009 - Initiative mexico-canadienne lancée par la Fondation canadienne pour les Amériques (FOCAL) et Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales (COMEXI)
- Aug 11, 2009 - FOCAL and COMEXI Launch Mexico-Canada Initiative
- Jul 8, 2009 - FOCAL Welcomes New Board Chair Kathryn Hewlett-Jobes
- Feb 11, 2009 - FOCALPoint: How Will U.S. President Barack Obama Transform the Americas?
- Dec 13, 2008 - Sources welcomes Canadian Foundation for the Americas (FOCAL)
Areas of Expertise:
Sources is an online portal and directory for journalists, writers, news editors, researchers. Use Sources to find experts, media contacts, spokespersons, scientists, lobbyists, officials, speakers, university professors, researchers, newsmakers, CEOs, executive directors, media relations contacts, spokespeople, talk show guests, PR representatives, Canadian sources, story ideas, research studies, databases, universities, colleges, associations, businesses, government, research institutions, lobby groups, non-government organizations (NGOs), in Canada and internationally.
© Sources 1977-2017. The information provided is copyright and may not be reproduced in any form or by any means (whether electronic, mechanical or photographic), or stored in an electronic retrieval system, without written permission of the publisher. The content may not be resold, republished, or redistributed. Indexing and search applications by Ulli Diemer and Chris DeFreitas.