Swissport Ottawa ratifies New Agreement!
April 13, 2012
Ottawa, ON - Members of IAMAW Local Lodge 2413 employed by Swissport Canada Handling Incorporated have ratified a new collective agreement by a margin of 95 per cent.
"This is our second agreement with this employer and the members are very satisfied with improvements in a number of areas," explained IAMAW District 140 General Chairperson Mike Corrado. "This is a good deal which will enable the employer to remain competitive and hopefully it will boost up the rates of pay of the other service providers at the Ottawa Airport."
The agreement provides a pay scale that increases the starting rates and adds an extra $1.55 per hour to the top rate. Some of the senior members will receive immediate pay increases ranging from 3 per cent to 6.5 per cent. There is a signing bonus of $300 for all members who have passed probation at the time of ratification. Other agreement highlights include:
* Increased statutory holidays
* Improved bereavement leave
* Improved and better defined work hours and shifts
* Increased allotment of vacation periods for bid
* Improved family insurance benefits
* Increased clothing and PPE allotment
* Improved boot/footwear allowance
* Improved short-term tow premium from $10 to $12 per tow
* Leads Premium increased to $3.00
* $40.00 monthly allowance for employees who do no drive to work
* $100.00 incentive for Ramp Leads who possess or obtain a ?D? permit
* Matching RRSP program ? 1 per cent of gross pay after 1 year, 2 per cent after two years, 3 per cent after 3 years and 4 per cent after four years
The 54 members provide baggage-handling and ramp service to United Airlines and Sunwing Airlines at Ottawa International Airport.For more information contact
IAMAW District Lodge 140 General Chairperson
Director of Communications
Phone: 416-386-1789 ext #6331
Website: IAMAW.caClick here to view our Sources Listing: