Media Releases from members of Sources
click a headline to read the full article
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace Statement to Stephen Harper in support of Chief Theresa Spence (December 24, 2012)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) Urges Prime Minister Harper To Meet With Attawapiskat First Nation Chief.
- Editor, publisher charged with sedition in Bangladesh (December 20, 2012)
CPJ is deeply concerned by sedition charges leveled against Mahmudur Rahman, the acting editor and majority owner of the Bengali-language pro-opposition daily Amar Desh and the paper's publisher, Alhaj Hasmat Ali.
- Brazilian journalist Konig in hiding after threats (December 20, 2012)
Brazilian authorities must immediately provide protection to journalist Mauri Konig, who went into hiding on Monday after receiving death threats related to his reports on police corruption.
- Reporters without Borders Prize for Press Freedom (December 20, 2012)
The 2012 Reporters Without Borders - Le Monde - TV5Monde Press Freedom Prize has been awarded to the Syrian journalist Mazen Darwish and the Afghan daily 8Sobh.
- Deadliest year for journalists since Reporters Without Borders began producing its annual roundup in 1995 (December 20, 2012)
This year has been exceptionally deadly, with a 33 per cent rise in the number of journalists killed in connection with their work over 2011. The worst-hit regions were the Middle East and Northern Africa (with 26 killed), Asia (24 killed) and sub-Sa
- The Integration of 'Social' (December 19, 2012)
Have you ever considered how the fullness of time completely changes our views? How has Social Media impacted business, and is it lasting change?
- 9th Annual World Hypnotism Day with renowned, award-winning Consulting Hypnotist in Toronto on January 4, 2013 (December 11, 2012)
Celebrate World Hypnotism Day on January 4 2013 with Master Hypnotist Debbie Papadakis. Fri., Jan. 4 Debbie will host an open house at 1:00pm and workshop Transform Yourself Into a Prosperity Magnet at 6:30pm at the Hypno Healing Institute.
- Migrant rights activists denounce Canada?s Federal Government for stripping away Employment Insurance benefit for migrant workers (December 10, 2012)
Migrant worker advocates are angered and shocked to learn that the Federal Government is once again attacking one of Canada's most vulnerable populations.
- IFIC Ccongratulates Brandes - Leaders in Investor Education (December 10, 2012)
IFIC Ccongratulates Brandes - Leaders in Investor Education. The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) congratulates Brandes Investment Partners, winner of the 2012 IFIC Investor Education Award.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (December 10, 2012)
An army on the offensive advances on a wide front to probe for weaknesses and gaps in enemy defenses, reinforcing small incursions to create breakthroughs. Similarly, a business in growth mode must widen the scope of its activities by trying many 'ex
- WACC and IFJ Launch Resource Kit to Strengthen Gender-Ethical Journalism (December 2, 2012)
The World Association for Christian Communication (WACC) and the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) launch a new resource to promote gender ethical journalism.
- Jewish human rights group condemns Harper government's position on UN Palestine vote (December 2, 2012)
Some Canadian Jews are adamantly opposed to the Harper government's unquestioning support for what Israel is doing.
- Sacred fire at Queen's Park marks 10 years of the Grassy Narrows logging blockade (December 2, 2012)
Grassy Narrows Blockaders and their supporters are celebrating the 10 year anniversary of what is now the longest running Indigenous logging blockade in Canada.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (December 2, 2012)
The military uses the principle of combined arms cooperation to balance the strengths and weaknesses of various arms and elements within a force. This creates synergy and mutual support. A well balanced combined arms force is more adaptable resilient
- Health Ministry backs off on punitive parts of flu shot policy (November 30, 2012)
Following a strong union campaign, the government has agreed to focus on education to encourage workers to be immunized
- Nurses to Fraser Health: Come clean on drug company ties, funding for flu vaccine study (November 30, 2012)
The study involving Novartis Pharmaceuticals is headed up by Fraser's chief medical health officer, a key figure driving the policy to force healthcare workers to take the flu vaccine or wear a mask
- LinkedIn Endorsements: Reputation Transparency? (November 29, 2012)
Are you tired of learning new 'features' whenever one gets added to your favorite Social Media site? Or are you excited about the possibility that the new feature may unlock for you? The LinkedIn Endorsement feature holds fascinating possibiliti
- Richard Martin on Selecting Your Objectives for 2013 (November 29, 2012)
Last month I wrote about one of the two fundamental principles that underlie all other principles of business battle: following the path of least resistance. The other is selection and maintenance of the aim or, simply, the principle of the objective
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (November 27, 2012)
The bridgehead principle is crucial for expanding business, as it provides a notional and physical anchor point in the new territory. Whether the intention is to expand the range of products in an existing market, or to extend the market of an exist
- Bangladesh factory fire: brands accused of criminal negligence (November 25, 2012)
Clean Clothes Campaign, along with trade unions & labour rights organisations in Bangladesh & around the world is calling for immediate action from international brands following yesterday's fire in Dhaka Bangladesh which killed over 100 workers.
- International Board Experiences Iowa During Strategic Planning Retreat (November 21, 2012)
AICI Board of Directors met in Des Moines to plan the strategic direction for their Association. AICI President Kimberly Law, AICI CIP of Vancouver, says, "One of the primary topics was, how to increase industry credibility through global reach."
- Canadian Voice of Women demands an immediate ceasefire (November 21, 2012)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace supports the United Nations demand for an immediate ceasefire. VOW is calling on the Canadian government & all opposition parties to act immediately to stop this bloodshed and end the offensive & the siege of Gaz
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (November 19, 2012)
The essence of manoeuvre is the process of bringing to bear one's strengths against the weaknesses of opponents. By extension, manoeuvre also requires the ability to avoid or coopt resistance and exploit the weaknesses or opportunities that appear on
- Israel's attack on Gaza is a 'Pillar of War Crimes', says Jewish human rights group (November 15, 2012)
Jewish human rights group criticizes Israel's latest attack.
- Withdraw coercive flu shot policy: nurses (November 14, 2012)
The BC Nurses' Union is demanding BC health employers immediately withdraw their punitive policy on flu shots for healthcare workers, in light of scientific reviews questioning the credibility of the studies they're using to justify it.
- Social Media Check Box (November 14, 2012)
'We have that covered' is a very satisfying thing to say when you are asked what your organization is doing in the area of social media. Does your organization say this?
- Academics, Students, Community Members Slam Carleton U Attempt to Stifle Class Discussions and Academic Freedom (November 13, 2012)
Coalition of academics, students and community members rejects Carleton University administration attempt to stifle discussion of issues related to Israel, Palestine and the Middle East.
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (November 12, 2012)
Top-down, nested hierarchical planning is critical for the full articulation of the organization's mission and for translation into purposeful action.
- Canadian Voice of Women holds National Peace Conference in Toronto this weekend White Poppies Action - Call for Human Security not War (November 8, 2012)
The Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) will be holding its annual conference and general meeting this weekend in Toronto. The conference entitled Revisioning Human Security and Building the Peace Movement starts Friday, Nov 9, 4:30.
- National Home Fire Safety Week: Woodstove and wood-burning fireplace safety (November 8, 2012)
This National Home Fire Safety Week, the Canada Safety Council is focusing on safe practices and reminding fireplace and woodstove users to think about safety before starting any fires.
- National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada Award Recipients 2012 (November 7, 2012)
Recipients of 2012 award winners at the National Ethnic Press and Media Council of Canada.
- Richard Martin's Monday Brilliant Manoeuvres (November 5, 2012)
Active, covert threats will continue to grow, and companies must be on the lookout for attacks not just from direct business competitors, but also from actual and potential opponent groups.
- IFEX launches 2012 Day to End Impunity campaign (November 2, 2012)
IFEX, the global network defending and promoting free expression, is proud to announce the launch of International Day to End Impunity.
- Journalist arrested, authorities urged to respect his rights (November 2, 2012)
Kostas Vaxevanis, the editor of the Greek weekly Hot Doc and producer of the national TV programme Koutis Tis Pandoras (Pandoras Box), after he published a list of around 2,000 suspected tax evaders.
- News website harassed for investigating banking sector (November 2, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders strongly condemns the proceedings that four banks have initiated through the Bulgarian National Bank against the news website Bivol.bg over an article about alleged bad practices by certain banks.
- Journalists in danger (November 2, 2012)
As the United Nations Human Rights Council prepared for its Universal Periodic Review of Pakistan, Reporters Without Borders expressed alarm over growing threats to journalists lives and safety in many regions of the country.
- IFJ Safety Summit in Nuremberg Debates Media Safety Crisis (November 2, 2012)
The challenge of making journalism safer in the face of ever increasing violence targeting journalists and media workers has been addressed at a high-level IFJ event.
- Memory as Resistance: Grassroots Archives and the Battle of Memory (November 2, 2012)
CONNEXIONS and Beit Zatoun are spotlighting grassroots archives this November with an open house and networking event November 24, a talk and discussion November 27, and an exhibit (November 16-27).
- Richard Martin On the Path of Least Resistance in Business (November 1, 2012)
To me, the essence of military wisdom is encapsulated in two fundamental principles. The first is the need to select and focus relentless on an overriding objective. The second is to follow to the greatest extent possible the 'path of least resista
- National Senior Safety Week: Drug Safety for Seniors (October 25, 2012)
Many older Canadians are on multiple medications to treat a wide spectrum of ailments and improve quality of life. But without taking proper precautions, these life-saving and life-improving drugs can cause sickness and premature death.
- Deadly season for Canadian hunters (October 25, 2012)
Heartbreaking headlines from across the country are highlighting a rash of injuries and premature deaths because of unintended incidents involving firearms this fall hunting season.
- International Investment Funds Industry Calls for Closer Interaction with Regulators (October 25, 2012)
Cape Town, South Africa - Investment experts from around the globe converged on Cape Town, South Africa, this week to discuss the future of the international investment funds industry in an environment of burgeoning regulation with implications acros
- IFIC Elects Directors for 2012-13 (October 24, 2012)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has elected its board of directors for 2012-2013 at its annual meeting in Toronto. At the board meeting that immediately followed, Glen Gowland (Managing Director & Head, Canadian Wealth Management
- Transportation Leaders Honoured by TAC (October 23, 2012)
The Transportation Association of Canada (TAC) announced winners of its 2012 Canadian Transportation Awards (CTAP) at the closing banquet of the 2012 TAC Conference and Exhibition in Fredericton. Four awards were co-presented.
- Facebook: Billions Served (October 23, 2012)
Facebook announced that it now has one billion users. An astounding number. On the other hand, you or your organization may have but 1000 or 10,000. This singular measure of success is of little value, and can be misleading.
- Building a Better Landing Page: Where your click lands you (October 17, 2012)
Unfortunately, the conversion to a sale does not happen as often as it should, because many advertisers are completely unaware of a simple concept called the 'landing page'.
- Time to rethink Hormone Therapy for Menopausal Women--says Dr. Vivien Brown -women's health advocate (October 16, 2012)
Time to rethink hormone therapy! New study indicates hormone therapy started soon after menopause appears safe and relieves many of the symptoms perimenopausal and menopausal women. Interview Dr. Vivien Brown
- National School Safety Week: Helping youth define 'normal' online (October 16, 2012)
Helping young people, parents and educators understand the true scope of cyber bullying, along with positive online behaviours, can change youths' views on what is normal behaviour online. This can be a starting point for cyber bullying prevention.
- Centre for Suicide Prevention (CSP) Announcement Cyberbullying + Suicide: How Do We Stop This? (October 15, 2012)
Centre for Suicide Prevention (CSP) Announcement - Cyberbullying + Suicide: How Do We Stop This?
- Waves of Strategy (October 15, 2012)
The major challenge in business strategy isn't so much in formulating one, but rather in implementing it and seeing it through to successful results. I've discussed one aspect in transforming strategy to action before, which is the method of nest
- Richard Martin's Monday Morning Brilliant Manoeuvres (October 15, 2012)
To win in war and in business requires seizing and maintaining the initiative; going on the defensive only buys time to consolidate a position, withdraw, reorient or reconstitute one's forces.
- Top Five Predictors of Healthy Aging- Hint!! Can you do squats? (October 15, 2012)
How well you age over the next ten years, depends on five predictors-including whether you can do squats. Dr. Brown also provides top tips on ways to create a healthy lifestyle.
- canfitpro launches an inclusive register for fitness professionals (October 15, 2012)
The Canadian Register of Exercise and Fitness Professionals, known as repscanada, is powered by canfitpro, and is an inclusive, ground-breaking, on-line resource that will increase the integrity of the fitness profession.
- Addiction and Mental Illness... The Stakes are High but the Opportunity is Great (October 12, 2012)
This week's release of the ground-breaking study 'Opening Eyes, Opening Minds: The Ontario Burden of Mental Illness and Addictions Report' provides a shocking perspective on the impact that mental illness and addiction has on the health and liv
- Jewish human rights group to hold annual conference in Toronto this week (October 11, 2012)
Independent Jewish Voices' annual general meeting takes place this week in Toronto. It will feature a number of prominent guest speakers and address a range of issues related to the organization's mandate.
- The Franchise Show Comes to Toronto on October 20 & 21, 2012 (October 11, 2012)
The Franchise Show (www.thefranchiseshow.ca) runs Saturday, October 20 and Sunday, October 21, 2012 at the Toronto Congress Centre (www.torontocongresscentre.ca) at 650 Dixon Road.
- Six Nations Parents Bus to Toronto to Protest Lack of Books, Supplies and More in Schools (October 10, 2012)
Protestors will be outside Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada on Thursday demanding all funding & school supplies be delivered to schools at First Nations community. Schools are lacking necessary supplies & facing funding crisis.
- Global Publication of Brilliant Manoeuvres - How to Use Military Wisdom to Win Business Battles (October 10, 2012)
Richard Martin proudly announces the global publication Brilliant Manoeuvres: How to Use Military Wisdom to Win Business Battles, which is now available through all major online retailers around the world.
- Justice long overdue in Anna Politkovskaya murder (October 8, 2012)
As the sixth anniversary of Anna Politkovskaya's brutal murder nears, the Committee to Protect Journalists is gravely concerned by the complete absence of justice in her killing despite government pledges to solve the crime.
- Grassroots Archives: Preservation as subversion? (October 8, 2012)
Ulli Diemer of Connexions, a social justice library and archive - www.connexions.org - discusses problems facing grassroots archives at a talk sponsored by the Humanist Association of Toronto (HAT).
- Media Professionals Programme Launched in Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam (October 6, 2012)
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) has just launched a new Media Professionals Programme for South East Asia, a groundbreaking leadership initiative to help mid-level media managers
- Focus on Newspaper Printing at World Publishing Expo (October 6, 2012)
The World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA) is offering a series of short conferences at the World Publishing Expo to help participants maximize the value of their printing operations.
- Climate Fast: Rae Signs, Will Mulcair Sign? Environment Minister Kent is a No Show (October 4, 2012)
Climate Fasters end their 12 day fast, tired but elated as pledges of support continue to flow in. Solidarity vigils held in Toronto, Halifax and Salt Springs.
- Four young Tibetans jailed for providing information about self-immolation (October 4, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is appalled to learn that more Tibetans, including a minor, have been given long jail sentences for trying to circulate information about the grave human rights situation in the Tibetan region
- Le site denonciateur RCILeaks.Org gagne sa bataille en Islande pour la liberte de paroles contre une firme immigrant investisseur canadienne (October 4, 2012)
Le site irreverencieux canadien RCILeaks.Org et son fournisseur de services internet islandais OrangeWebsite.com, ont gagne un combat judiciaire sans precedent sur la liberte d'expression a la Cour de district de Reykjavik.
- Whistle blower site RCILeaks.Org wins Icelandic free-speech court battle against Canadian immigrant investor firm (October 4, 2012)
Irreverent Canadian corporate whistleblower site RCILeaks.Org, and its Icelandic internet service provider OrangeWebsite.com, have won a landmark free speech court battle in the Reykjavik District Court.
- The Marketing Hierarchy of Trust (October 3, 2012)
How many people organizations have marketing strategies that boil down to self-serving claims of greatness? How effective are these LinkedIn profiles, ads, websites, TV commercials, or billboards? Talking about how great you are doesn't sound good
- New Gluten-Free Agency - Experienced Marketers and Gluten-Free Experts Collaborate (October 2, 2012)
An innovative Toronto communications agency has formed to fill an important gap in the gluten-free market. Comprised of healthcare, nutrition and advertising consulting professionals, The Gluten-Free Agency offers a complete package of marketing
- BOB RAE TO VISIT CLIMATEFAST (October 2, 2012)
In the final hours of their 12 day Fast, Climate Fasters welcome more MP's, bringing the total to 18 so far to sign the pledge board. Bob Rae and Nathan Cullen expected later today.
- Investment Funds Institute of Canada 2012 Leadership Conference (October 2, 2012)
Investment Funds Institute of Canada 2012 Leadership Conference. October 3, 2012 ? 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Carlu, 7th floor, 444 Yonge Street, Toronto
- Day 12 of the Fast - Still Hungry for Climate Change (October 2, 2012)
Fasters Enter Day 12 of Climate Fast hungry, tired, but jubilant as pledges begin to roll in. Solidarity is growing all across Canada, with vigils in Halifax, Toronto, and Salt Spring Island, BC.
- Toronto Joins in Solidarity with Ottawa Climate Fast (October 1, 2012)
Join with us on Oct. 2nd, in solidarity with the Ottawa Fasters to mark the final day of the Climatefast, Int'l Day of Non-Violence & Gandhi's birthday in a peaceful demonstration for action on Climate Change. 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM, Queen & John Sts.
- Fasters Head to Court (October 1, 2012)
Day 11 of Fast - Three "Hungry for Climate Leadership" Fasters in Court - Climate Change Trial Begins in Ottawa Courtroom - Harper Government Accused of Dividing Canadians With Oil-Dominated Energy and Climate Change Policy.
- Climate Fast News from The Hill (September 30, 2012)
On DAY 10 of the Fast, climate activists, maintain their presence on Parliament Hill to call on the Government to take immediate action to confront the Climate crisis and ask for public to pledge their support.
- Hungry for Climate Leadership - Day 9 of Fast for Climate Justice on the Hill (September 29, 2012)
It's Day 9 and the Fasters are hungry, but determined to convey the urgency of the crisis to our elected officials and asks them to end fossil fuel subsidies, put a price on carbon and develop a National Renewable Energy Plan.
- Prison for press law violation in EU founding member (September 28, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders denounces as outrageous the sentencing of an Italian journalist to 14 months in prison on a libel conviction.
- IFJ Welcomes Resolution on Safety of Journalists Adopted by UN Human Rights Council (September 28, 2012)
The 21th Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council has adopted a resolution calling for "States to promote a safe and enabling environment for journalists to perform their work independently and without undue interference".
- Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois and Quebec Student Group Classe to Tour Canada (September 28, 2012)
Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois, former spokesperson for Quebec student group CLASSE, will be embarking on a whistle-stop national speaking tour from the 29th of September to the 5th of October.
- Sources welcomes Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (September 28, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: Canadian Voice of Women for Peace, a non-partisan Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) comprised of a network of diverse women with consultative status at the United Nations ECOSOC.
- 9 Things to Track in Social Media (September 26, 2012)
Is Social Media actually paying off? Is it worth the effort? To answer this question, you would need to have numbers to back up your claims. Do you?
- Jewish group rejects call for military response to Iran (September 25, 2012)
Confrontation with Iran should be defused via negotiations, not military confrontation.
- A Do-It-Yourself Guide to SEO (September 19, 2012)
Getting found on the web is an effective way to increase your sales leads and potential clients. By improving your Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, you rank higher within a given search. Learn five easy tips to implement today!
- Peel Region's Decision to Close Child Care Centres Will Increase Access to Care (September 18, 2012)
Peel Region's decision to withdraw from the direct delivery of child care servies will increase access to licensed care by making more funds available to families in need of fee subsidy.
- Presenting the 100th Grey Cup Historical Trading Card Box Set. (September 17, 2012)
The Canadian Football League Players Association, Extreme Sports Cards, and Fantactics Sports and Entertainment Marketing Inc., along with support from the CFL and the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, have created a 100th Grey Cup Historical Trading.
- Canada fanning flames of war by cutting diplomacy with Iran -- IJV (September 14, 2012)
Canada should not cut diplomatic relations with Iran. It should help negotiate an end to the current crisis.
- Peace Activist Spends Last Days Resisting War, Supporting Kim Rivera (September 13, 2012)
In the last days of her life, wheelchair bound and terminally ill, peace activist and author Shirley Farlinger will be in Nathan Phillips Square to hold a sign in support of Kim Rivera, the Iraq war resister currently facing deportation.
- Canada's Only All-Franchise Show Comes to Vancouver September 22 & 23, 2012 (September 7, 2012)
The Franchise Show, produced by the Canadian Franchise Association, runs in Vancounver on September 22 & 23, 2012. Western Canada's Only All-Franchise exhibition with exceptional franchise brands and free educational seminars about franchising.
- Northern bishops to celebrate at Masses in Toronto parishes September 29 and 30, share mission stories with university students in GTA October 1 (September 6, 2012)
Three bishops from the North will share stories about their missionary work on the weekend of September 29 and 30, as well as on Monday, October 1, 2012, on invitation of Thomas Cardinal Collins, Archbishop of Toronto.
- Sources welcomes Hiroshima Day Coalition (September 5, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: The Hiroshima Day Coalition, a coalition of community and peace groups commemorating the anniversary of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki while promoting nuclear disarmament.
- Six Reasons to Rebrand and What it Might Cost You (September 5, 2012)
Have you ever wondered why companies choose to rebrand? What is the defining moment that tipped the scales? And what are the potential costs and benefits?
- Richard Martin Shows How to Keep Your Goals on Track (September 4, 2012)
It's entirely possible to come up with a brilliant strategy, but it's another matter entirely to implement it successfully. One of the major challenges is what to do when the initial assumptions that underlie our plans prove to be inaccurate or
- The Information Thief (August 30, 2012)
Have you ever 'borrowed' someone else's knowledge or reputation? Or has someone ever done this to you? With the social web in front of us, it is too easy to use others' information without their knowledge or permission - even if it is free.
- Rachel Corrie's Death is Not Merely "Regrettable Accident" (August 28, 2012)
IJV condemns Israeli court decision absolving army of responsibility in death of Rachel Corrie.
- Radiation Safety Institute of Canada Comments on Latest Radon Findings by Health Canada . (August 24, 2012)
On the basis of radon tests in some 14,000 homes and buildings across Canada, Health Canada scientists have found that many more homes than expected from previous surveys have radon levels above Canadian public health guidelines.
- Independent Jewish Voices commends United Church for finalizing stand against Israeli occupation (August 17, 2012)
IJV supports United Church for taking courageous stand against Israeli occupation.
- IFEX deplores three-year jail sentence given to Bahraini member Nabeel Rajab (August 17, 2012)
IFEX strongly denounces the three-year prison sentence handed down today to Nabeel Rajab, president of IFEX member Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR), for his role in pro-democracy protests.
- Ecuador grants political asylum to WikiLeaks founder (August 17, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders takes note of Ecuador's decision to grant political asylum to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who sought refuge in its embassy in London.
- Another journalist slain, special mechanism for protecting journalists announced (August 17, 2012)
JoseNoel Canales Lagos, a 34-year-old journalist who had worked for the Hondudiario news website for the past 12 years, was gunned down in the capital on 10 August, bringing the number of journalists killed in the past decade to 30.
- Internationally-renowned, Board Certified Hypnotist Receives 2012 Order of Braid (August 15, 2012)
Toronto, ON, August 15, 2012 - Debbie Papadakis, Founding Director of Toronto, based Hypno Healing Institute , Hypnosis Clinic and School, is inducted in the 2012 Order of Braid by the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH). The induction ceremony was he
- Jewish human rights group applauds United Church decision on Israeli settlements (August 15, 2012)
IJV applauds United Church decision to boycott settlement products
- Canada's Largest Fitness Event - canfitpro Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show in Toronto (August 14, 2012)
See Simon Whitfield, in his first public appearance following the 2012 London
Olympics, at the canfitpro Consumer Fitness + Wellness Show presented by Oxygen Magazine
on Saturday, August 18, 2012.
- Jewish human rights group available for comment on United Church resolution to boycott Israel settlement (August 14, 2012)
IJV spokesperson available for comment on United Church boycott issue
- Rabbi calls on United Church delegates to vote for boycott of settlement products (August 13, 2012)
Rabbi endorses Church boycott of products from illegal Israeli settlements
- Atom Bomb Survivors open Hiroshima and Nagasaki Exhibition in Toronto City Hall (August 6, 2012)
Hiroshima atomic bomb survivors Setsuko Thurlow and Joe Ohori to open the Hiroshima, Nagasaki Poster & Survivors' Artwork Exhibit at Toronto City Hall on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9 AM. They will be available for media interviews. Exhibit runs to Aug 11, 2012
- Richard Martin Gives Strategies to Grow Revenues and Profit (August 2, 2012)
We're in the 'dog days' of summer, as they say in baseball, so I'll just offer eight quick ideas for boosting revenue and profit and that you can reflect on during your vacation.
- Crowdsourcing 101 (August 1, 2012)
For the first time, the social web has allowed the opportunity for the unknown public to comment on others' ideas. The question now, though, is how to most effectively do this in the present climate.
- Peggy Nash on NDP Policy on Nuclear Weapons Abolition (July 31, 2012)
MP Peggy Nash to outline NDP policy on nuclear weapons abolition in Toronto during the Hiroshima/ Nagasaki commemoration ceremony August 9, 2012 (Nagasaki Day) at the Church of the Holy Trinity in Toronto.
- South African journalists probed over scandal coverage (July 31, 2012)
South African authorities should immediately drop a criminal investigation against three newspaper journalists who have sought to report details on a multi-billion-dollar arms scandal, the Committee to Protect Journalists says.
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and SOURCES (July 31, 2012)
He put the glass to his lips and drank at one gulp. A cry followed; he reeled, staggered, clutched at the table and held on, staring with injected eyes, gasping with open mouth; and as I looked there came, I thought, a change
- Journalist serving 150-day jail term for insulting Hungarian far-right politician (July 31, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders condemns the 150-day jail sentence that a Serbian journalist received for allegedly insulting a Hungarian far-right politician.
- Hiroshima & Nagasaki Commemorations in Toronto (July 30, 2012)
Toronto's commemoration for the 67th Anniversary of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki. 'TORONTO FOR A NUCLEAR WEAPONS-FREE WORLD' on August 9, 2012, 6:15 PM at the Church of the Holy Trinity, Toronto (behind the Eaton Centre).
- IFJ and EFJ Demand End to Pressure on Journalists in Ukraine (July 27, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its regional organisation, the European Federation of Journalists (EFJ), today demanded that the Ukraine President put end to the prosecution of online newspaper LB.ua and channel TVi.
- A United Lubicon Lake Nation Faces Continuing Threat of Canadian Unlawful Intervention (July 26, 2012)
On Wednesday, July 26th the Nation was blindsided by the Government of Canada which met with a few people outside of Lubicon territory in what they declared was a meeting to discuss Lubicon issues.
- Network of United Church Members Calls for Boycott and Divestment to End the Occupation (July 25, 2012)
Network of United Church members is advocating that Church members endorse boycott and divestment of Israeli products produced in the illegally occupied Palestinian territories at the Church's upcoming national conference in Ottawa.
- The Eulogy for Email (July 25, 2012)
If you are like most people who are flooded with junk mail, email has completely overstayed its welcome. In five years email will no longer exist, but what arrives in its place offers something revolutionary.
- IJV condemns bus bombing, calls for negotiations with Iran to stop the violence (July 22, 2012)
Instead of pursuing a strategy of escalation in its relations with Iran, both Israel and Canada should be promoting negotiations without preconditions in order to defuse the situation.
- IFJ/EFJ Demand Release of Belarus Journalist Accused of 'Assisting Invasion' of Swedish Teddy Bears (July 20, 2012)
Demand the release of Anton Surapin, a Belarus journalist who was arrested on 13th July after he was the first to publish photos of Swedish teddy Bears that had landed on Belarus soil.
- IFJ Backs PJS Demand for Respect of Palestinian Journalists' Dignity after Security Check Incident in Jerusalem (July 20, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today called on the Israeli authorities to respect the right to dignity of Palestinian journalists who work in the country.
- Protection of Journalists' Sources and Materials (July 20, 2012)
Advice offered by the National Union of Journalists (NUJ) to all journalists who are covering the Olympic Games which are due to start in London on 27 July 2012.
- Attraction and Conversion: Ten Critical Factors (July 18, 2012)
Have you built a social profile, only to find that you have very few friends? Maybe you have built a website, but have found that no one is calling? Or no one is buying? These top tips will help build traffic and convert them to customers.
- International backing for Greek journalist in IMF row (July 15, 2012)
Threats by a senior official of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Greece to cut off a newspaper's access to information after one of its journalists refused to reveal his sources have been condemned by the European Federation of Journalists.
- Call to non-cooperation with IFHP cuts launched in Toronto (July 15, 2012)
Health care workers and other service providers refuse to comply with restrictions to the refugee health program and call for action.
- ANHRI releases annual report on freedom of expression in the Arab world in 2011 (July 12, 2012)
ANHRI has released its annual report for 2011, under the title Freedom of Expression in the Arab World.
- Cauca's indigenous community radios appeal for help (July 10, 2012)
As fighting between guerrillas and the army intensifies once again in the Cauca department in south-western Colombia, indigenous communities and their communications infrastructure are more than ever at risk and under threat of censorship.
- Fire and Forget Initiatives (July 9, 2012)
Military tacticians often talk about 'fire and forget' weapons. These are missiles and bombs that you can just aim at the enemy target and that are more or less able to guide themselves to the target without further human input. However, soldiers
- Make your Book a Kindle Best-Seller (July 9, 2012)
Want to know how to make your Kindle book a best seller? You'll want to attend this webinar - http://www.kathleengagetrains.com/kindle-cathleen
- Sources welcomes the Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors of BC - CAHPI(BC) (July 6, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors of BC - CAHPI(BC).
- Sources welcomes Eryl Court (July 6, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: Eryl Court, a peace activist and researcher, involved in the peace movement locally & globally for more than 40 years.
- Neskantaga First Nation Battles American Mining Goliath Cliffs in Toronto Mining Court (July 6, 2012)
The Neskantaga First Nation is taking their fight for proper First Nation consultation in the Ring of Fire to the Toronto Mining Court.
- CPJ concerned about arrest of Mexican journalist (July 6, 2012)
The Committee to Protect Journalists is concerned about the arrest of prominent Mexican journalist Sanjuana Martinez Thursday in Nuevo Leon under unclear circumstances.
- Five journalists attacked during protests against Conga mining project (July 6, 2012)
Five journalists were attacked and injured during violent protests against a proposed mine in the northern Cajamarca region of Peru, a day after the government declared a state of emergency.
- How far will Media Council go to eliminate Klubradio? (July 6, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is dismayed to learn that Hungarys Media Council (NMHH) has rejected opposition radio station Klubradios bid to keep its Budapest commercial radio frequency.
- Malaysian Blogger held under draconian Official Secrets Act (July 6, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is very disturbed to learn that the blogger Syed Abdullah Hussein Al-Attas is being held under the Official Secrets Act.
- Haaretz reporter reaches plea bargain with Tel Aviv district attorney (July 6, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders has deep reservations about yesterdays announcement that a deal has been struck between the Tel Aviv district attorney and Haaretz reporter Uri Blau.
- IFIC Stresses Domestic Regulation of Money Market Funds in Submission to IOSCO (July 6, 2012)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has submitted comments on the consultation report Money Market Fund Systemic Risk Analysis and Reform Options issued by the Technical Committee of the International Organization of Securities Commission
- Les jeunes aidants au Canada : l'ombre et la lumiere (July 5, 2012)
Les jeunes font aussi largement partie de la prodiguation des soins aux seniors selon des chercheurs Canadiens. Plus de 12% des jeunes canadiens ...
- Young Caring in Canada: Opportunity Gained and Lost (July 5, 2012)
When we think of people providing care to adults and seniors, we tend to picture an older family member in mid-to-late career or in retirement, yet researchers have found that approximately 12% of young Canadians aged 12-17 are 'young carers'.
- IJV supports United Church members' right to make their own decision on boycott, free from threats (July 4, 2012)
Jewish group stakes out position supporting United Church committee's call for action against illegal Israeli settlements in the form of boycott campaign, rejects pressure on Church from senators, pro-Israel lobbyists.
- IFJ and EFJ welcome latest victory for protection of sources (July 4, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its European group the Federation of Journalists (EFJ) have welcomed the decision of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) on 28 June in case of protection of sources brought by journalists
- Living in a Social Bubble (July 4, 2012)
How much of the ambient social information you come in to contact with has been implicitly filtered? The act of only consuming "agreeable" content, consciously or not, reinforces your personal world-view. Too often we live in a social bubble.
- Refocused American Chamber of Commerce Taking its Social Cues from New Digital Agency (July 3, 2012)
AmCham Canada Partners With Digital Agency SocialCues
- City of London, Ontario First Municipality in Canada to sign the Women's Empowerment Principles (June 29, 2012)
At a Gala Banquet at the Hilton Hotel in London, Ontario, His Worship, the Mayor of the City of London, Joe Fontana signed the Women's Empowerment Principles before members and guests of
The Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women.
- Les feux d'artifice au ciel! (June 28, 2012)
Le Conseil canadien de la sécurité est d'avis que le moyen le plus sécuritaire d'apprécier les feux d'artifice est d'assister à un spectacle de feux d'artifice organisé par des professionnels. Cependant, si vous décidez de tenir un ...
- Fireworks in the sky! (June 28, 2012)
The Canada Safety Council (CSC) believes that the safest way to enjoy fireworks this Canada Day is to attend a fireworks show handled by professionals. If you decide to put on your own fireworks show with fireworks that you purchased at your local
- Is that an archive in your basement... or are you just hoarding? (June 26, 2012)
Are you an 'accidental archivist'? Have you been saving the publications and documents produced by the social justice projects you've been involved in? Then Connexions would like to hear from you.
- CÉLÉBRONS LA JOURNÉE DU MULTICULTURALISME (June 26, 2012)
Le 27 juin est la Journée du multiculturalisme au Canada. C'est l'occasion de reconnaître la riche diversité du Canada.
- Celebrating Multiculturalism Day (June 26, 2012)
Multiculturalism Day needs to be recognized and celebrated.
- Call for demonstration in Paris on third anniversary of coup (June 25, 2012)
Defending human rights and exercising the right to impart or receive news and information can get you killed nowadays in Honduras. The favourite targets include NGO and union representatives, civil society activists
- IFJ and EFJ Condemn Arrest of Journalist for Labelling Belarus President (June 25, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its regional organisation, the European Federation of Journalists, today condemned the arrest of Andrzey Poczobut, journalist from Hrodna, Belarus.
- As Oda TV trial drags on, one journalist freed, four others begin 16th month in detention (June 22, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is outraged that only one of the five Oda TV journalists still in detention in Turkey has been released.
- IFJ Urges UN Human Rights Council to Act on Journalists' Summary Killings Report (June 22, 2012)
IFJ says recommendations by Special Rapporteur on extra judicial killings and summary executions to the United Nations Human Rights Council are a step in the right direction but urged the Council to hold states to their international obligations.
- Security Certificate Detainee Mahjoub Rallies with Supporters Marking Exactly 12 Years of Detention wit Charge (June 22, 2012)
On June 26th, Mohammad Mahjoub and his supporters will gather to demand his immediate liberation and that of the other two men still held under security certificates.
- Volunteers/Interns with computer skills needed (June 20, 2012)
Connexion is looking for volunteers and interns with solid computer skills to help us develop our databases and online search capabilities. Areas where we need help include SQL databases, PHP, Linux, and HTML.
- The First 20 Minutes: A Daily Social Media Diet (June 20, 2012)
Staying up to date with the world's activities could take all day if we let it. The first 20 minutes of your day can offer you a successful path to productivity. How do you spend the first 20 minutes?
- CCNM Hosts Holistic Mental Health Conference: Pathways to Empowerment (June 18, 2012)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, in partnership with Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, presents the inaugural Holistic Mental Health Conference June 21 & 22.
- National Day of Action against cuts to refugee health care (June 18, 2012)
On June 30, 2102, refugees will face drastic cuts to their health insurance. Risking the lives of Canada's most vulnerable is unacceptable. There will be a National Day of Action June 18 in cities across Canada. Join us in protesting these cuts.
- IFJ and EFJ Slam Head of Russian Investigative Committee over Threats to Senior Journalist (June 14, 2012)
Call to investigate reports of threats made by the Head of the Russian Investigative Committee to a senior journalist of Novaya Gazeta newspaper.
- IFJ and EFJ Condemn Azerbaijan Call for 'Public Hatred' towards Independent Media (June 14, 2012)
Condemning the call by the Azeri government for a show of public hatred' against independent media.
- Viral Video: Cracking the Code (June 13, 2012)
Who wouldn't want their video to go viral? With thousands, or sometimes millions, of views your message is shared across platforms and likely across continents. Yet, why are these videos so lucky? What do they do to deserve so much exposure?
- Un nouveau cours en ligne gratuit intitue Une introduction au rayonnement est maintenant disponible sur le site web de l?Institut de radioprote (June 13, 2012)
Un nouveau cours en ligne intitule 'Une introduction au rayonnement' est maintenant disponible sur le site web de l'Institut de radioprotection du Canada, au www.radiationsafety.ca.
- World renowned Board Certified Hypnotist is the first Canadian to receive the 2012 Life Diplomate in Hypnotherapy Award (June 12, 2012)
Debbie Papadakis, Founding Director of Toronto's Hypno Healing Institute, Clinic/School is the first Canadian to be bestowed with the prestigious 2012 Life Diplomate in Hypnotherapy Awarded by the International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Assoc.
- IJV endorses United Church Working Group call to boycott settlement products (June 9, 2012)
The United Church of Canada's Working Group on Israel/Palestine Policy's report has been attacked by the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs. IJV is supporting the right of the Church to make its own policy, free from intimidation.
- Machinists Ratify New Deal with Bolger Steel! (June 8, 2012)
Machinists sign four-year deal with Bolger Steel in Cornwall Ontario.
- Chalk River Machinists Sign New Deal with A.E.C.L. (June 8, 2012)
70 Machinists ratify new three-year deal with AECL.
- IAM Welcomes NIU Members to the Family! (June 8, 2012)
IAM Welcomes 200 new members in North Bay.
- New Machinists sign first agreement with Vancouver ATS! (June 8, 2012)
News members of IAM at ATS in Vancouver sign their first agreement.
- IAM Expands at Vancouver International! (June 8, 2012)
Machinists union attracts new members at Vancouver International Airport.
- New Book Artfully Captures Evolution of Calgary's Commercial Real Estate (June 8, 2012)
New Book Artfully Captures Evolution of Calgary?s Commercial Real Estate. BOMA Calgary celebrates Calgary's designation as a Cultural Capital of Canada 2012. Launch event Open to Media on June 21, 2012.
- Social Sales: Shortening the Funnel (June 6, 2012)
The practice of using social media to actively seek sales is a long-debated topic among organizations. Social media is an effective tool to help the sales process, and one of the most effective strategies is to give something in order to get somethin
- canfitpro Vancouver One Day Event (June 6, 2012)
This highly-acclaimed session will give you the latest research on losing fat and keeping it off. Total Fat Destruction is the synergistic combination of attitude, nutrition, and exercise.
- canfitpro International Fitness and Club Business Conference and Trade Show (June 6, 2012)
canfitpro returns to Toronto this August with the world's best fitness event. Inspiring keynote presentation by Simon Whitfield. This is the most cutting-edge educational experience. Appearances by Brent Bishop, Tommy Europe and many more.
- Wednesday's Casseroles Night in Canada will include more than 100 locations: Quebec's 'Maple Spring' spreads (June 6, 2012)
A second Casseroles Night in Canada has been organized for Wednesday June 6 at 8PM.
- McGuinty invited to a Grassy Narrows fish fry at Queens Park (June 6, 2012)
Today Grassy Narrows mothers are challenging Premier McGuinty to join them and their families in a traditional fish fry at Queens Park for a meal of their local fish cooked on an open wood fire.
- Innovative Solution to Enhance Workplace Pensions Coverage (June 4, 2012)
The ACPM believes that Target Benefit Plans can be more appealing to employers and employees than some other retirement income arrangements and encourages governments to consider TBPs as a valuable retirement income option.
- Mercury poison: Grassy Narrows to release new report on devastating health impacts (June 1, 2012)
50 years after dumping began governments refuse to acknowledge Minamata Disease.
- Saturday: Canadians stand against the Omnibus Budget Bill at 54 MP Offices (June 1, 2012)
This Saturday, at 54 confirmed locations across the country, Canadians will gather at Conservative MPs offices, and support locations, to voice their concerns about the Federal Budget Bill currently before Parliament.
- Seven Top Tips for Using QR Codes (May 30, 2012)
The QR code connects the real world to the web and stimulates the social conversation. Randall Craig offers seven key considerations for using them.
- Cutting Out Brain Tumours: Kitchener-Waterloo Survivor Motivated to Find a Cure (May 25, 2012)
If you need a haircut and want to help an important cause, the second annual Cutting Out Brain Tumours event on Saturday, June 10 is for you. Brain tumour survivor Stephanie Dorion has pulled together this unique day of hair styling, music, lunch and
- Edmonton Brain Tumour Survivor Giving Back Through Fundraising Efforts (May 24, 2012)
Edmonton brain tumour survivor is giving back through the annual Spring Sprint event (Ju for brain tumour research and patient programs. ?I want to do what I can,? Cheryl expresses. ?This was a life altering experience and I want a way to give
- "I know it will not bring my Mom back but I know it would make her proud? (May 24, 2012)
"I know it will not bring my Mom back but I know it would make her proud? Stefanie Lawton is just one of hundreds of Saskatoon residents taking part in the annual Spring Sprint to support brain tumour research and patient programs.
- 30 years of hope to be celebrated at this year's Ottawa Spring Sprint for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada (May 24, 2012)
Every hour of every day, someone hears the words, "You have a brain tumour". Ottawa will mark 30 years of hope at the annual Spring Sprint for the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada on June 3, 2012.
- Emilia-Romagna community in Canada shares condolences and solidarity with earthquake victims (May 24, 2012)
The Emiliana Association of Ottawa is deeply concerned about the results of the earthquake in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.
- Empowering Women is Good Business - a Canadian First (May 23, 2012)
London Chamber of Commerce the first to sign the Women's Empowerment Principles being launched at the Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women national convention to be held in London, Ontario Canada June 22 to June 24, 2012.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Celebrates 32nd Convocation (May 22, 2012)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) will honour its 2012 graduating class at the College's 32nd convocation on Thursday, May 24, at the University of Toronto's Convocation Hall.
- New specialty shift focuses on alternative treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia (May 22, 2012)
The Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic (RSNC) at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine offers a new specialty shift designed to help patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia (FM).
- Canadian 'Pardons' No More (May 16, 2012)
As a result of Bill C-10, the changes to the Criminal Records Act (CRA) have now come into effect. Specifically, the Pardon's program name, eligibility requirements and waiting periods, have been changed.
- Annonce des laureats du Prix d'excellence dans la fonction de controle - secteur public (May 11, 2012)
CMA Canada et CIPFA du Royaume-Uni ont le plaisir d'voiler les laureats 2012 du Prix d'excellence dans la fonction de controle - secteur public.
- Winners of Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector announced (May 11, 2012)
CMA Canada and CIPFA announce the 2012 winners of the Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector.
- The Age of Accountability is Now: Are You Prepared? (May 8, 2012)
Questions of accountability and building a reputation of integrity in personal and professional relationships.
- New from SOURCES: The SOURCES Job Board (May 8, 2012)
Media organizations and SOURCES members can now advertise their job openings for free on the Sources Job Board.
- Leftwords Festival of Books and Ideas (May 5, 2012)
LeftWords is a free public event that celebrates and promotes the work of progressive Canadian and international writers and thinkers whose works appear in books and magazines by Canadian independent publishers.
- Vancouver Commemorates the Nakba, Calls for End to 64 Years of Israeli Ethnic Cleansing (May 4, 2012)
A free community supper at a Vancouver church and a march are planned for May 15 and 19 to commemorate the Nakba and to call for Canada to support the right of refugees to return to their homes, and the end to Israel's displacement of Palestinians.
- IFIC Requests Changes to Proposed FATCA Regulations (May 4, 2012)
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) has responded to a request for submissions by the U.S. Department of Treasury and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding the proposed regulations relating to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.
- Competitors Aren't the Only Threats (May 3, 2012)
One of the things that I?ve noticed lately is just how vulnerable many companies (and other organizations) are to non-competitive threats. I?m not talking about the traditional corporate bogeymen of big government and big labour.
- PEN International celebrates rights of all citizens to access information and truth (May 2, 2012)
A statement by Marian Botsford Fraser, Chair of the Writers in Prison Committee.
- Federal government continues to receive failing grade on issue of free expression (May 2, 2012)
For the third straight year, the federal government received failing grades from Canadian Journalists for Free Expression in a report card on freedom of expression in Canada.
- IFJ Marks World Press Freedom Day by Calling for Release of Jailed Journalists (May 2, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and its affiliates are marking this year's World Press Freedom Day by calling for the release of journalists held for their professional activities.
- ON REMIXE
POSS.CA LE MAGAZINE EN LIGNE DU CHERCHEUR DEMPLOI À TORONTO (May 2, 2012)
Services dinformation Findhelp relance son magazine en ligne à succès, poss.ca (www.poss.ca), sous une nouvelle apparence et avec des fonctionnalités web faciles à utiliser, destinées à réaffirmer sa mission : aider les chercheurs demplo
RELAUNCH: POSS.CA TORONTOS ONLINE MAGAZINE FOR JOB SEEKERS (May 2, 2012)
Findhelp Information Services relaunches its successful online magazine poss.ca (www.poss.ca) with a new, exciting look and easy-to-use website features, reaffirming the mission of helping Toronto job seekers find employment.
- The Before, During, and After of a Social Media Customer Service Strategy (May 2, 2012)
Using social media as a customer service tool is not a revelation these days. We have all seen customer service representatives from big name brands on Twitter. But these one-off initiatives rarely provide the support they are intended to provide.
- Bangladeshi and Tibetan bloggers win Reporters Without Borders category awards (May 2, 2012)
Bangladeshi and Tibetan bloggers win Reporters Without Borders category awards.
- Governments Must Act for Sustainable and Equitable Recovery (May 1, 2012)
On this May Day, Global Unions call on governments to assume their responsibilities and join together to end the crisis. They need to create decent, sustainable jobs and stand up for the rights of people at work.
- Occupy Gardens hosts Potluck and Seed Planting at Queens Park (May 1, 2012)
Occupy Gardens is hosting a Garden Party Potluck at Queens Park. Gardeners are gathered on the South lawn with seeds, plants, soil, music, and food to highlight the need for food justice in Toronto.
- Miss Canada North America 2013 honours her father by supporting brain tumour cause (April 30, 2012)
When Jessica Laing was 14-years-old, her father Paul Miller was diagnosed with a brain tumour. Today, as Miss Canada North America 2013, she is lending her voice to the cause of action and awareness about brain tumours.
- One Kitchener-Waterloo Man's "Brain Tumour Adventure" Leads to Helping Others (April 30, 2012)
(Kitchener-Waterloo) The past year and a half have been challenging for brain tumour survivor, Tom Moran, but that doesn?t slow him down on what he calls his, "BT [brain tumour] Adventure." Now, Tom's taking on the task of volunteering
- Brain Tumours Don't Discriminate, Can Strike at Any Age: Amy's Story (April 30, 2012)
(Hamilton, ON) The 'perfect blend of shy and outgoing,' pharmacy technician Amy Olsson was proud to be the mother of baby Evan and wife to her husband of seven years, Lars. The summer of 2010 was full of balancing the care of a one-year old and
- Guelph Brain Tumour Survivor Leads Community Effort to Raise Critical Funds for Patient Support and Research (April 30, 2012)
When Guelph resident Tanya Lea was diagnosed with multiple brain tumours at the age of 40, she was shocked. Falling sick had been the furthest thing from her mind. An active and independent woman, she was scared but also determined to live the best
- Science for Peace calls on the Canadian justice system to nullify the extradition order for Hassan Diab (April 30, 2012)
Science for Peace is deeply concerned about the egregious violations of Dr. Hassan Diab?s rights under the Canadian and French justice systems.
- Could Social Media Monitoring have Better Predicted the Results to the Alberta Provincial Election? (April 28, 2012)
New data shows that social media monitoring is far more current, and perhaps more reliable, than traditional polling. It's time for the media to start paying attention to new methods.
- New Calgary Marketing Events Calendar (April 28, 2012)
New Calgary Marketing Events Calendar launched - an industry consolidation of PR, marketing, social-media, communications and online marketing events in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Includes select national and international events of interest.
- Voiture et canicule ne se conjuguent pas! (April 26, 2012)
Semaine nationale de la securite estivale du 1er au 7 mai 2012
- Stay Out of the Hot Seat! (April 26, 2012)
National Summer Safety Week: May 1 - 7, 2012
- Lowest Bidder Fuels Patient Transfer Business in Ontario! (April 26, 2012)
The province of Ontario has turned to the broker system to operate its patient transfer service.
- Second Wasaya Airways Agreement a Good Next Step! (April 26, 2012)
Second collective agreement brings members closer to industry wage equality
- Eight ways to Improve your LinkedIn Engagement (April 25, 2012)
Spending time on social media sites is a powerful way to stay connected to changes, trends, and updates. However, time spent on these social media sites quickly adds up. Even ten minutes per site each day could easily add up to the annual vacation
- Tastes of Heaven Gala: April 19, 2012; Archbishop Sutton to receive 2012 St. Joseph Award (April 18, 2012)
An archbishop who saw the re-evangelization of the North in terms of presenting the Gospel in a form that answers today's need in poor and remote missions will receive Catholic Missions In Canada's St. Joseph Award April 19, 2012.
- 4 Ways to Measure your Social Media Success (April 18, 2012)
How do you navigate the plethora of measurement options in Social Media? Randall Craig, Social Media and Web Strategist offers four effective ways of planning your campaign management.
- It doesn't have to be either/or (April 17, 2012)
The Canadian Council for Tobacco Control (CCTC) calls on the federal government to create a long term vision for the health of all Canadians not just for some.
- New group urges progressives to build 'One Big Campaign' to take on Harper (April 16, 2012)
A campaign urging Canadian social activist groups to work together under one massive umbrella to take on the Harper regime and his right-wing supporters was officially launched today.
- IAMAW Pursues Potential Aveos Investors! (April 13, 2012)
Union takes on leading role in finding solution to closure of Aveos Fleet Performance Inc in Montreal, Winnipeg, Mississauga and Vancouver affecting 2600 jobs.
- Two Days of Bargaining = New Agreement = Happiness! (April 13, 2012)
IAMAW Local Lodge 1295 members ratify new contract by 100% margin.
- Swissport Ottawa ratifies New Agreement! (April 13, 2012)
IAMAW members in Ottawa ratify new agreement with Swissport by 95% Margin.
- Sources welcomes American Chamber of Commerce in Canada (April 12, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: The American Chamber of Commerce in Canada.
- Sources welcomes Michael C. Chettleburgh - Astwood Strategy Corporation (April 12, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member: Michael C. Chettleburgh - Astwood Strategy Corporation: Leading North American speaker, strategist and thought leader on street gangs, organized crime, corrections and related criminal justice matters.
- Sources welcomes Tenato Strategy Inc. (April 12, 2012)
Sources welcomes a new member, Tenato Strategy Inc. Tenato specializes in business growth strategies that exploit dramatic advancements in online research as it relates to competitors, customers, and industry structures.
- Riot police deliberately attack journalists covering street demonstrations (April 12, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders roundly condemns a new wave of deliberate attacks on reporters and photographers in Athens and calls on the security forces to immediately identify those persons within their ranks who were responsible.
- Draconian cyber security bill could lead to Internet surveillance and censorship (April 12, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is deeply concerned with the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 (CISPA), the cyber security bill now before the US Congress.
- IFJ backs red-armband campaign after Tunisian journalists attacked (April 12, 2012)
The IFJ has strongly condemned the Tunisian government following the physical assault of at least 14 journalists in two separate incidents this week.
- Safety and Justice: Protecting Journalists in the Middle East and the Arab World (April 12, 2012)
Declaration adopted by the regional conference entitled " Safety and Justice: Protecting Journalists in the Middle East and the Arab World" held in Cairo , Egypt from 4 to 5 April.
- Some Corporations Have all the Luck (April 11, 2012)
Looking at some of the most successful companies and their products, it's easy to say, "They were just lucky", but what are the real 'success factors'?
- Canadian Franchise Association Announces Winners of the 2012 CFA Recognition Awards (April 5, 2012)
The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca) announced the winners of the 2012 CFA Recognition Awards on April 2, 2012. The awards were presented during a gala awards presentation dinner at the 21st annual CFA
- Canadian Franchise Association Announces 2012 Franchisees? Choice Designees (April 5, 2012)
The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca) announced the recipients of the 2012 Franchisees' Choice designation on April 2, 2012 at a gala awards presentation during the CFA National Convention in Niagara Falls
- Pizza Nova Wins Grand Prize In Canadian Franchise Association Awards of Excellence in Franchising (April 5, 2012)
The Canadian Franchise Association (CFA) (www.cfa.ca) is pleased to announce that Pizza Nova is the Grand Prize winner of the 2012 CFA Awards of Excellence in Franchising and Gold Winner in the Category of Traditional Franchises - Mature/Established.
- Annonce des finalistes au Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle â secteur public (April 2, 2012)
CMA Canada et CIPFA ont le plaisir dannoncer le nom des finalistes 2012 au Prix dexcellence dans la fonction de contrôle secteur public.
- Finalists announced for Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector (April 2, 2012)
CMA Canada and CIPFA are pleased to announce the finalists for the 2012 Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector.
- Richard Martin donne quelques vérités sur la formation en entreprise (April 2, 2012)
La formation est cruciale pour le développement des compétences, de la culture et des processus qui permettront à lorganisation datteindre ses objectifs stratégiques, opérationnels et tactiques. Malheureusement, elle est trop souvent conç
- Training Truths from Richard Martin (April 2, 2012)
Training is critical to developing the skills, culture, and processes that will enable the organization to meet its strategic, operational, and tactical goals. Unfortunately, it is too often created and delivered as if it were an end in itself.
- Two Budgets But No Solutions For Ontario's Licensed Child Care System (March 30, 2012)
The Association of Day Care Operators of Ontario (ADCO) calls on Premier Dalton McGuinty to recognize the impact full-day kindergarten will have on the financial viability of child care in Ontario, sees budget as a missed opportunity.
- StFX BBA Major in Accounting and Honours in Accounting programs accredited by CMA Canada (March 29, 2012)
CMA Canada, the world leader in shaping strategic management accounting? professionals to lead successful enterprises in the global marketplace has awarded, for a five-year period, the accreditation of the Bachelor of Business Administration, Major
- Doctors and Lawyers to Duncan: Tax us. Ontario is worth it. (March 28, 2012)
Doctors and lawyers join forces to object to Ontario's budget.
- A Good Society Has its Price (March 28, 2012)
Canadian lawyers say tax us instead of creating greater inequity.
- Connecting with Connected Consumers (March 28, 2012)
With third party recommendations and critiques being a front-line influencer in business, you would think that more organizations would mind their social networks and 'play nice' with consumers. Surprisingly, this is not the case.
- Canada's Franchise Leaders Convene at the 2012 CFA National Convention (March 21, 2012)
500 franchise professionals from leading national and international brands, including Jim Treliving, Co-Chairman/Owner of Boston Pizza International and star of Dragons' Den, slated to attend.
- Independent Jewish Voices letter refutes Ambassador's claim Israel supports Christian Palestinians (March 21, 2012)
Jewish organization counters Israeli ambassador's Islamophobia. IJV states Israeli occupation, not Muslims, is cause of Christian Palestinian problems.
- Seven Steps to Secure Successful Employment Using Social Media (March 21, 2012)
How can you use Social Media to find your next role? With so much activity online, where will your efforts have the most impact? Here are seven quick points to test yourself: how many of these steps have you really done well?
- Journalists home searched, confidentiality of sources threatened (March 19, 2012)
Reporters Without Borders is stunned and alarmed to learn that police raided the home of Montreal reporter Éric-Yvan Lemay, taking his finger prints, his computer and the clothes he wore while visiting Montreal area hospitals last month for a story
- Preventing Kids From Becoming Cons (March 19, 2012)
Faced with increasing public anxiety about youth crime, two of North America's leading crime prevention champions have partnered to produce a groundbreaking conference where world renowned experts will discuss how we can prevent today's high risk
- Rapport de la Bande de Gaza pour Ouvrir l'Exposition d'Art pour Enfants (March 7, 2012)
Vancouver - Regard d?enfants sur Gaza comprend des uvres surprenantes et courageuses sur le papier en utilisant colorie, peintures et des marqueurs par les enfants qui ont survcu l'attaque militaire Operation Plomb Durci de 22 jours sur
- The Ice House Winery Looks to Jim Treliving To Invest on CBC's The Big Decision (March 7, 2012)
The Ice House Winery needs an injection of Jim Treliving Midas Touch. Canadians need to get behind our liquid gold story and vote for Jim Treliving to say yes to investing in The Ice House.
- Children's art from Gaza opens Mar. 9 in Vancouver with speakers on children's rights, post-traumatic stress (March 2, 2012)
The Mar. 9 Vancouver opening of art exhibit created by children in Gaza features Barbara Lubin of Middle East Children's Alliance on children's rights and a video interview with Dr. Eyad el-Sarraj of Gaza Community Health Program with current news.
- Bodyrock.TV and the Lebert EQUALIZER (March 2, 2012)
BodyRock.Tv is a free fitness blog (and world wide phenomenon) focused on helping people from all walks of life get into shape at home (or wherever you happen to be) and now using the Lebert EQUALIZER in their awesome workouts!
- Assessing the hidden costs to families when a parent is in prison (March 1, 2012)
The federal government's omnibus crime bill, currently being debated by the Senate, has launched a widespread conversation in Canada about the justice and penal systems. While the commentary and analysis has covered a number of different perspectiv
- Dividing attention: The downside to multi-tasking (February 29, 2012)
We rarely give our undivided attention to anything anymore. No one wants to develop a reputation for being disengaged, yet this is precisely where multitasking can take us. What can we do to avoid this possible outcome?
- IJV Canada endorses the Global March to Jerusalem (February 29, 2012)
IJV is joining with an array of international organizations and individuals to show our solidarity with the Palestinians, who are under increasing pressure from the Netanyahu government, which is actively working to Judaize Jerusalem.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Offers Program Delivery for International Medical Graduates (February 27, 2012)
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) is initiating registration for a new bridge delivery of its naturopathic medical program, developed specifically for international medical graduates (IMGs).
- Children's art from Gaza to be shown in Vancouver in March (February 27, 2012)
Art created by children in Gaza after Israel's bombardment of Gaza in 2008 is to be shown in various locations in Vancouver Mar 9 - 16. Original show in Oakland, Ca. cancelled after pro-Israel groups protested.
- The Franchise Show Connects Aspiring Business Owners with Leading Franchise Brands (February 22, 2012)
The Franchise Show, produced by the Canadian Franchise Association, connects aspiring business owners with leading franchise brands at the Toronto Congress Centre on February 25 & 26, 2012.
- Osgoode Hall law students win 1st ever Twitter Moot (February 22, 2012)
The first-ever Twitter Moot concluded yesterday, with Osgoode Hall students taking the prize.
- How to Avoid the Dreaded 'UnLike' (February 22, 2012)
It's imperative that organizations reach these 'overconnected' fans with useful engagement because we all know that gaining a 'like' doesn't necessarily translate to gaining a fan.
- Canadian Business Women Challenge Mayors acoss Canada to Proclaim March 18th, 2012 Equal Pay Day (February 21, 2012)
Canadian Business Leaders use credible research to build the business case for why "Women Mean Business in the 21st Century. Community and Business Leaders are invited to show their support by Proclaiming an Equal Pay Day on March 18, 2012.
- WiFi in Schools Controversy (February 17, 2012)
On behalf of the independent Radiation Safety Institute of Canada, radiation scientist Claire Cohalan responds to a live interview request on the subject of WiFi in Schools. Interview can be seen at: http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/wifi-concerns/
- Child Care Owners Urge Province to Act on Drummond Report (February 16, 2012)
Child care programs speak out about consequences of Full-Day Kindergarten Program and suggest Government work with independent licensed child care sector--both private and non-profit--to find more affordable solutions for families.
- Honda Ontario Power Dealers Still Blowing Away Expectations With Showstopping Deals and Contests (February 15, 2012)
Honda Ontario Power Dealers maintain momentum, dovetailing multiple in-store and online events. At the end of January, one lucky winner rode a 2012 Honda TRX680F Rincon ATV home. Now, customers are saving on snowblowers until the end of February.
- Prolongation de la periode de mise en candidature pour le Prix d'excellence dans la fonction de controle secteur public (February 8, 2012)
OTTAWA (Ontario), (le 24 janvier 2012) - La date limite de mise en candidature pour le Prix d'excellence dans la fonction de controle ? secteur public a ï¿½tï¿½ portï¿½e au 17 fevrier 2012, ï¿½ 23 h 59 HNE. Vous connaissez une personne ou une ï¿½q
- Deadline extended for Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector nominations (February 8, 2012)
The deadline to submit nominations for the Award of Excellence for Comptrollership in the Public Sector has been extended to February 17, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. EST. If you know an individual or a team that has made a significant contribution
- Shaw Bans Video of Peace Activist Author's Book Reading (February 6, 2012)
Shaw Cable has banned the broadcast of a reading by Canadian author Michael Riordon from his book "Our Way to Fight: Peace-work Under Siege in Israel-Palestine." The reading was sponsored by the Victoria Chapter of Independent Jewish Voices Canada.
- Just Not Feeling the Love this Valentine's Day (February 4, 2012)
The six weeks before Valentine's Day is the highest period of divorces and break-ups for Canadians. My Support Calculator has seen a sharp increase in the number of people calculating spousal and child support payments in 2012.
- canfitpro Brings It's Cutting-Edge Education to Edmonton (February 1, 2012)
canfitpro hosts Edmonton's best fitness event - the Personal Training and Group Fitness Conference! The conference provides fitness professionals with access to a complete day of learning and skill development.
- canfitpro Toronto One Day Workshop with Paul Chek (February 1, 2012)
canfitpro is pleased to feature Paul Chek in this exclusive one day workshop designed for personal trainers and group fitness instructors!
- Halifax-based technology firm inks deal with Canadas largest fitness certification organization - canfitpro (February 1, 2012)
Leader Interactive Technologies Ltd formally announced today that it has secured a long term contract with Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro). canfitpro, which is Canadas largest fitness certification organization, will be utilizing L
- Binge Eating Disorder Deserving of More Recognition and Treatment Options (January 26, 2012)
Eating Disorders Awareness Week is February 5-11, 2012 and Bellwood Health Services is using this opportunity to raise awareness of Binge Eating Disorder - the most common but least talked about type of eating disorders.
- GI Experts to Host Live Teleseminar On Probiotics, IBS, Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity (January 26, 2012)
On Wednesday, February 1st at 8pm ET, world-renowned celiac disease experts, Daniel Leffler and Shelley Case, will conduct a public discussion online regarding probiotics and their role in gastrointestinal health. With the rising awareness of probiot
- Shifting your 'Social' Focus (January 25, 2012)
Social media has taken over the world in many respects. But with all this attention in our online communities are we neglecting other opportunities?
- Enhanced Jamieson e-Commerce Site Now Sells and Educates Consumers about Probiotics (January 23, 2012)
Jamieson Laboratories sees education as key in helping consumers understand and select probiotics for their health. An upgraded website from this leading distributor of natural health products offers in-depth information about probiotics alongside it
- Shit Students CAN'T Say (About Israel) (January 21, 2012)
Inspired by the viral hit Shit Homophobic People Say -- that proved no spoofing is necessary -- Shit Students CAN'T Say is real video clips showing that criticism of Israel is being banned and repressed on campuses around the world.
- Mind the Opinion Gap (January 18, 2012)
Is there a gap between what you say about your organization and what others say about it? There is nothing wrong with communicating with your audience, but communication is a two-way street and it may be your turn to listen.
- National Non-Smoking Week - January 15 - 21, 2012 (January 13, 2012)
NNSW - 35 Years Young - Observed for 35 years, NNSW is one of the longest running and most important events in the CCTC's ongoing public education efforts regarding the consequences of tobacco use. This year's theme is "Breaking up is hard to do"
- Signalling Your Social Media Intentions (January 12, 2012)
The language of vehicles is something we all assume is universal. It is designed to share the driver's intent with other vehicles on the road: signaling, honking, and flashing are all parts of this language. We assume that our own understanding of
- To get in shape gain SIXTEEN pounds. (January 4, 2012)
To get in shape gain SIXTEEN pounds. That?s right; simply add the two eight pound yellow steel bars called The Lebert EQUALIZER TM Total Body Strengthener to every workout.
- The Irrelevancy of the Social Media 'Expert' (January 4, 2012)
Anyone who professes to have some expertise in Social Media may be offended to learn that their 'expertise' soon won't matter, and is fast becoming irrelevant. As a long-term career choice there is a perilous future, and the short-term prospects
- IFJ Calls for an End to the Harassment of Journalists in Yemen (January 3, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) today condemned the harassment and intimidation of journalists at the government-owned and army-controlled 26 September newspaper.
- IFJ Presses UN for Action on Media Killings after Violence Claims 106 Lives of Journalists and Media Staff in 2011 (January 3, 2012)
The International Federation of Journalists urges UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon to take drastic action against governments of the most dangerous countries for media after it published its annual list of 106 journalists and media personnel killed